08-28-2002, 04:38 PM
what kind of eye does the C&C have?

thanks,

LawFox32
08-28-2002, 05:20 PM
an Anti-Chop Eye

Jack & Coke
08-28-2002, 05:56 PM
http://movies.go.com/images/photogallery/monstersinc/monstersinc_5.jpghttp://movies.go.com/images/photogallery/monstersinc/monstersinc_2.jpghttp://movies.go.com/images/photogallery/monstersinc/monstersinc_4.jpg

BenD
08-28-2002, 06:37 PM
i ment a little more specifically (sp?)

BlackVCG
08-28-2002, 07:02 PM
This is the same eye we're using, but the new boards are a bit bigger for the on/off switch and the sensitivity adjustment is no longer a blue pot.

http://www.automags.org/resource/tech/prototype/ace_1.shtml

I don't know the technical data on the eye, but it's not a break beam system. This eye detects the ball and then has a certain amount of delay before it lets the gun fire. I'm assuming about 8ms.

manike
08-29-2002, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by BlackVCG
I don't know the technical data on the eye, but it's not a break beam system. This eye detects the ball and then has a certain amount of delay before it lets the gun fire. I'm assuming about 8ms.

It is a reflective eye. You can adjust the sensitivity (I've never needed to).

You can also select different delay settings. I have no delay on mine I think (ACE setting 1), and it works just perfectly.

manike

Jack & Coke
08-29-2002, 01:18 AM
So manike... no ball in the breech, no fire?

BlackVCG
08-29-2002, 01:26 AM
Ummm... that's kind of the whole point of an ACE.

Pand0ra
08-29-2002, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke
So manike... no ball in the breech, no fire?

Now you're talking about that I've a remark to do.

On my C&C (ver 2.21), when there's no ball in the breech, it's impossible to fire. Logical.
The problem is the marker doesn't send a pulse either to my warpfeed.

You see the consequences: no ball in the breech -> not possible anymore to make the loader work -> you're stuck with no ball in the breech.

I tried to avoid this problem by making the warpfeed run with the intellifeed and vibrations, but it's not a good solution because I'm playing in Emode mainly, not hybrid (hence I must switch from Emode to hybrid, fire a few times and switch back to the other mode).

Anyone knows why the software is designed like that (bug, or feature?).

@++

P4ULuk
09-02-2002, 07:49 AM
My ACE stopped working this weekend, with the ace on it doesn't fire turn it off and it does, its also started a little barrel leak again, time to check the level 10 settings!

Paul.

BlackVCG
09-02-2002, 12:31 PM
Check the sensitivity adjustment. Turn the ACE on and put a ball in the breech. Unscrew the sensitivity to the point that it does fire.

P4ULuk
09-02-2002, 01:00 PM
Check the sensitivity adjustment. Turn the ACE on and put a ball in the breech. Unscrew the sensitivity to the point that it does fire.

After speaking John from AGDE he recommended the same thing!

Cheers,

Paul.

cphilip
09-02-2002, 01:01 PM
gee Black... Jon got one right! I bet he read your post. :D

P4ULuk
09-02-2002, 01:19 PM

Is that a little brass screw which goes into a blue box?

Cheers,

Paul

manike
09-02-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by P4ULuk

Is that a little brass screw which goes into a blue box?

Cheers,

Paul

Yes. Inside your grip.

manike

P4ULuk
09-02-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by manike

Yes. Inside your grip.

manike

hmmm I've been turning it anti-clockwise for 6 turns pulling the trigger as I do so, no joy! :(

Paul.

BenD
09-02-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by P4ULuk

anti-clockwise .

hehehehhehe

counter- clockwise

BlackVCG
09-02-2002, 03:18 PM
Do you have the new style ACE board with the on/off switch for the battery pack? If so, there should be a hole in the side of the grip frame and you can see a small plain-end screw that you can turn. Turning that counter-clockwise will turn down the sensitivity. Does your software have 2 ACE modes or just one?

Johnny Bravo
09-02-2002, 04:09 PM
Can SFL owners send in their guns for the ACE yet?

P4ULuk
09-03-2002, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by BenD

hehehehhehe

counter- clockwise

Over here we say anti-clockwise :p

Black, Mine is the older style with the blue box as described, looks like the sensor isn't working, not a big deal as I'll see AGDe at campaign cup.
Anyone coming over for that?

Paul.

Pand0ra
09-06-2002, 01:52 PM
Yeah I'll be there too. I'll play with Crossfire.

Looks like we'll have to play a lot if we qualify (qualif, 1/4, 1/2 and finals). I like it :D .

We should try to meet :)

@++

Jack & Coke
09-06-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Pand0ra
...The problem is the marker doesn't send a pulse either to my warpfeed.

You see the consequences: no ball in the breech -> not possible anymore to make the loader work -> you're stuck with no ball in the breech...

I thought there was a by-pass button on the warp (on the bottom-side) that automatically spins the feed wheels when pushed...?:confused:

Is that button disabled when you intelli connect it?

SlartyBartFast
09-06-2002, 04:40 PM

On my C&C (ver 2.21), when there's no ball in the breech, it's impossible to fire. Logical.
The problem is the marker doesn't send a pulse either to my warpfeed.

You see the consequences: no ball in the breech -> not possible anymore to make the loader work -> you're stuck with no ball in the breech.

Well, That is certainly a bug or poor design. (Or, we can be kind and say it was probably an oversight.);)

Next version of the software should send signals WARP as long as no ball is in the breech (even if the trigger isn't being pulled).

Of course, some one should get round to getting the logic between the four components working together.

Trigger/Eye/WARP/Hopper

Pull trigger, operate WARP and Hopper.
Hopper operates, WARP Operates.
WARP operates, Hopper operates.
Eye shows no ball, WARP and Hopper operate.

Pand0ra
09-07-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke

I thought there was a by-pass button on the warp (on the bottom-side) that automatically spins the feed wheels when pushed...?:confused:

Is that button disabled when you intelli connect it?

Yes that's right. It's not disabled.
It's just a thing you don't want to use in the heat of a match.

@++

P4ULuk
09-16-2002, 06:15 AM

Yes that's right. It's not disabled.
It's just a thing you don't want to use in the heat of a match.

@++

I didn't see the previous post till I got back from Campaign, lol you were our first game! I play for Team Dyehard.

:D

Paul.