PDA

View Full Version : Long Term Experiences with LVL 10 Upgrade

alvin1
08-28-2002, 06:47 PM
Greetings All,

I understand the LVL 10 upgrade has been available for almost 6 months and I’m curious about your long term experiences with the upgrade. From what I gather from other posts, there is an initial o-ring break-in period after which the user may have to switch to a smaller carrier. However, after the LVL 10 is installed and broken-in, what may users expect in the long term?

Aside from routine marker maintenance, does the LVL 10 require constant “tweaking” after break-in?

Any estimates on how long the carrier o-ring will last? Will it last about as long as a lvl 7 power tube o-ring?

Thanks for responding!

Alvin

athomas
08-29-2002, 10:00 AM
Well, the level 10 has only been out for a couple of months. So far, my level 10 experience after about 12000 rounds plus dry firing, is that once the power tube o-ring is broken in, all you have to do is make sure the mag is oiled regularly and just play. No extra tweeking is required.

I suspect the power tube o-ring will last a long time provided the air supply is clean and you keep your mag clean and oiled.

ShooterJM
08-30-2002, 10:27 AM
I haven't fired even close to 12000 rounds, probably closer to 6-8000. I've never HAD to tweak my set up. When I went from a 250 chronny limit to 290 I switched springs to allow for less pressure on the paint. Actually I haven't even had to switch carriers yet. You have to oil it and that's about it.

pito189
08-30-2002, 04:41 PM
Well I did have to go to a smaller carrier after about 4000 rounds. Other than that I went with a longer spring to be easier on the paint. I have put about 18000 through the gun, and doing swell.:D

I can't believe it works so well. Considering when you look at the bolt, it is moving at just about the same speed that a lvl 7 bolt would have moved.:eek:

Z-man
08-30-2002, 04:55 PM
The moment I got my lvl 10 I started blowing paint through it.

My first day I shot 8,000 rounds through it and broke all of 4. about 75% of the time I was in rapid fire and by the end of the day the trigger was a bit softer so I cleaned out and went up a spacer size and the sweet spot I had returned. I have put about 17,000 rounds though it and I am NEVER going back. Best upgrade for the Mags by FAR.

mihanikos
08-30-2002, 05:10 PM
After about 1000 rounds I had to go a smaller carrier, but it's been fine ever since, and I switched from the middle spring to the smaller spring, the bolt hit a lot lighter with the smaller one, and the air efficiency is better, with the longer spring I had to turn up the velocity to get the bolt to overcome the spring pressure. I am using the smallest spring, 1.5 carrier and 2 shims. And I haven't broken one ball in the breach, I broke a couple in the barrel but that was caused by something else that I have now fixed

P4ULuk
09-02-2002, 09:48 AM
I had a number 2 carrier and 2 shims this started to leak after about 9000 shots so went to the 1.5 carrier she's just started leaking again so will probably got to a number 1 carrier and see how I get on, will also be moving to the middle spring for a little more efficiency!

Paul.

alvin1
09-11-2002, 01:02 AM
Thanks for all your responses so far. I hope many will continue to share their experiences as will I when I get some decent mileage on my LVL 10.

Alvin

joeyjoe367
09-12-2002, 02:14 AM
my first day, i was tweaking it on and off the field, I even had to switch springs mid-day.

ran the gun dry, cuz I couldn't find my oil, and that could possibly be the culprit.

I took the thing out again with no problems whatsoever.

FrAuStY
09-12-2002, 04:38 PM
Well over 10000 cycles 90% with paint, and no problems yet. I had to change from a 1.5 carrier to a 1.0 within 500 rounds of installation to cure a small leak. After that... I've only oiled it 3 times.. once a month with play about every weekend. I'm using the longest spring, .5 carrier, two shims and 850 input on standard A.I.R. Valve. Only one break and that was due to me sticking a wet paintball in the break and twist locking it.. I pulled the trigger about 20 times before the paintball literally ripped spewing paint down my barrel. No big deal..it was inflicted.