PDA

View Full Version : Would the level 10 be a waste of money for me?

magsRus
08-29-2002, 07:24 PM
I dont chop barely at all with my minimag so would it be a waste of money for me to purchase one of these kits..or do they do more then preventing chopping

magman007
08-29-2002, 07:27 PM
hmmm, well if you hardly ever chop, i would say no, it is nice to have though, i have one incase i ever do chop, because i know i probabally wont. is there any other upgrade to go on to your marker that you would like to buy? if there is, i would suggest you go with that

HoppysMag
08-29-2002, 07:35 PM
well the key word there was barely... its worth it... i never copped with my mag ( exluding the batch of peanut shaped 32* paint) and i still got lv 10 cause its a good thing to know its there... i dont need seatbelts im a good driver... but the other car might not be you know... some day you will hit a bad batch of paint or a bad day and wish you had it...:D

magsRus
08-29-2002, 08:02 PM
yeah but 100 dollars for a kit is hard to part with when you never know when you might need it..I guess I will just spend the money on paint

CenterFire
08-29-2002, 08:04 PM
Am I the only one who didn't get LvL 10 just for chops? It reduces blowback, and definitely reduces kick. It's worth every penny and more if you ask me.

shartley
08-29-2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by CenterFire
Am I the only one who didn't get LvL 10 just for chops? It reduces blowback, and definitely reduces kick. It's worth every penny and more if you ask me.
LOL I get a kick out of that one. I know my RTPro kicks so darn much I can hardly hold onto it. It darn near jumps out of my hand! ;)

Again.. it may be that I come from the world of REAL firearms, but kick has never even been noticed by me when shooting any Paintball Marker…. Let alone having it be so much of a problem that I need something to help REDUCE it. ;) But I guess I am different. :D

On the serious side…. LX is a wonderful thing to have. But for those who seldom, to NEVER chop, I see it as a “nice to have” not a “got to have”. If you have $100 and must decide what to spend it on (and don’t chop anyways).. Paint VS LX… get the paint. But if you have $100 and have it dedicated to your equipment, you will not find a better use for it than the LX.

CenterFire
08-29-2002, 08:24 PM
I would hardly consider kick all that noticeable without level 10, but it's there, and you don't realize it until you shoot with level 10. My gun shoots so much smoother now, I can't even compare it to its previous self. My friend can actually shoot 2 bps faster with level 10 (Yes, I realize that sounds like a BS claim, but his trigger is 100% smoother than it used to be and it happened the second we installed level 10). Perhaps we're just so much more confident with it that it makes us better players? ;)

You can't forget that the lessened blowback helps too.

EDIT - You may also think of kick as natural vibration. No matter how still your hands are, the gun creates vibration when you pull the trigger. Regardless of your ability, the vibration will affect your--not necessarily the gun's--accuracy.

nak81783
08-31-2002, 12:30 PM
I didn't see this in any of the posts I skimmed through on this thread. If I missed it, I'm sorry. Nobody mentioned the fact that you can shoot more fragile paint. There's nothing more annoying than hitting a player and having it bounce. Since I've had my 'Mag, I've had to shoot the thicker shelled/higher bounce test paint (even with a foamie bolt). Lots of times people I'd hit would get paintchecks and be clean. The darn balls bounce right off. I'm getting my LX next week, and I can't wait to finish off a case of fragile paint I had to buy when I ran out one day. The stuff was breaking quite often just from bolt impact. Just thought I'd add my two cents.

Thanks,
Nathan