PDA

View Full Version : A Little Dissapointed IN Action Markers

magman007
08-29-2002, 07:34 PM
Well, i thought these guys flew straight, and didnt buy into the hype. Boy was i wrong. In the september issue of apg (what is that like 2 months old??) i saw an add for the Sentinal AT. It had things saying "the most accurate shooting and reliable marker" Brad(web) and at the bottom it had their own claims.
EXTREMELY ACCURATE and durable, and
"FASTEST, BEST -BUILT "manual" on the market.

This really peeved me.

I thought these guys were finally getting on the scene, and they would establish a good reputation, now there establishing a repputation like those guys who make the Commando 2 and things. Has any one else seen this?

what are your comments?

HoppysMag
08-29-2002, 07:37 PM
sniker....the Commando 2 .../sniker hey atleast they wernt afraid to advertise it in pink... but people believ what manufacters say... cause they dont know any better...:(

Coaster
08-29-2002, 07:39 PM
they key was that there was "..." infront and behind the quotes.

chrisj
08-29-2002, 07:42 PM
These are the guys that make the tanks for systemX, and I've been having to deal with them over the phone for some warranty repair. They seem to be pretty good in person.

Chris

I'm aware that this doesn't answer any quality, marketing, or product concerns.

Brian68mag
08-29-2002, 07:43 PM
I bet that Brad(Web)is the shop owner here, he says that all the time.

Brian68mag
08-29-2002, 07:46 PM
Also, thats the kind of advertising you need to grab the teens and other youngins entering the sport, which is probably the vast majority who read those mag's.
I know its like that at my high school

magman007
08-29-2002, 07:56 PM
i know that, but it isnt good. There trying to beet out spyders and piranas, i doubt it will happen, especially with false advertising, little spyderkids being like its false buy a spyder and so on. Also the fastest and best built manual? WTF? what about an rt, a freeflow cocker, a mag, and so on. that really bothered me

Coaster
08-29-2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by magman007
i especially with false advertising, little spyderkids being like its false buy a spyder and so on. Also the fastest and best built manual? WTF? what about an rt, a freeflow cocker, a mag, and so on. that really bothered me

You have to realize what ... means. It means that they decided not to include the entire quote, so they shortened it and put ...'s in. For example if somebody said "The most accurate and shhoting reliable marker is NOT the Sentinel" can be shortened to: "The most accurate and shooting reliable marker..."

That is NOT false advertising.

shartley
08-29-2002, 08:37 PM
Also keep in mind that a lot of these kids will be able to afford a cheaper marker and setup, vs your standard Mag setup. Things like the RT Pro are their “some day” markers and not their “get one today and start playing” markers. And of course they are going to want to believe their cheaper markers are the best on the market.. it is an ego thing.

All my Son’s friends own Tippmanns, Spyders, and JTs. They can convince their folks into getting them a complete setup that runs them $100-$150, but would find it hard pressed to get them to buy an RT Pro (or other higher priced marker) and setup.

Sure, they all talk big smack. They even did so around me before they knew what I used and then saw it in action. Then I even let them shoot it a bit… egos instantly deflate. The trash talk suddenly disappears and they now all want RT Pros.

So don’t try to “fight” them, SHOW them. :D Not only will they want Mags, but you will be their idol.

magman007
08-29-2002, 08:48 PM
well, i put the quotes for the ones that were their claims. i was quoting them, they didnt quote any one. those were there false claims. I just think it is un fair. I never smack talk the newbs, and i always let em try out the e-mag...might reconsider that tho when the extreme gets here lol, but it just bothered me. thats all.

Coaster
08-29-2002, 09:52 PM
yeah they did, i have the ad right infront of me. It says the person's name under it. Anyway, i dont' want to start a war so i will stop posting this stuff.

magman007
08-29-2002, 10:07 PM
no no no, their own claims, the ones with no quotes at the bottom. the olny thing in quotes is manual. that might mean that yo have to manually throw the paint because it wont work right, or something like that, but their own claims are not in quotes. Atleast they didnt claim like 20 ROF

dansim
08-29-2002, 11:29 PM
have you shot one? then how do you know it doesnt...anyway what do you want them to advertise taht its a piece of garbage and that you shouldnt buy there product, or not advertise at all? yeah thats a good plan...i can think of a few companies that were fading b4 they started advertising;)

TheBigRaguPB4L
08-30-2002, 01:36 AM
The sentinal's the best marker out there? I want one.

magman007
08-30-2002, 12:56 PM
dansim, i see your point, but i think they should advertise the truth. Like agd does in their few advertisements. Same with bud orr. THey dont overly claim things, thats what the public does. that is how it should be done. not called the best when it probabally isnt. Crossfire called its self the best, and techinca round table is testing it, why arent they testing the sentinal at?