PDA

View Full Version : Will a WL, warp, feed well on a HL body?

Doobie
08-29-2002, 09:29 PM
I have a Hopper Left body and want to go Warp. I will have the Warp mounted on the left and the hose running from Left to Right in front of the trigger guard and up to the bottom of the PF.
1. Does anyone have this set-up?
2. How reliably does it feed?

On another level...how long of a string of paint can a warp push? Can it push through a 5 ft hose?

Doobie
08-30-2002, 10:05 AM
up
upupup
upupupupup
upupupupupupup
upup
upup
upup
upup
:D :D

BajaBoy
08-30-2002, 01:04 PM
im not sure about how good it will feed but u can deff set it up. look at peoples guns on the paintball talk place u will see the diff ways of doing it

Z-man
08-30-2002, 04:47 PM
I had my warp setup on the left of my gun with a left mounted power feed on my classic RT. I ran the hose under the gun between the fore grip and trigger. I played about 20,000 rounds with that setup but I swapped it to the other side for 2 reasons.

1). One day when I was playing the warp stopped pushing the balls up. It was spinning and the Revvy was full but I believe some of the paintball slime got in there and kill off the warps ability to grip the balls. Also (my theory) I think that the more paintballs that the warp has to push will cut down the responsiveness of it as well as increase the chance of the urethane rings just spinning around the balls.

with the warp on the right side not there are only 5-6 balls that the warp pushes up verses the 10-12 I had on the old setup.

One last thing to consider is what hand you shoot with. I use my left hand so it's actually not too bad for me but many right handers can't use my setup. Just some thoughts.

Doobie
08-30-2002, 08:23 PM
I am a right hand dominant shooter and will be setting it up with the Warp on the left. I have seen people put the 90 degree elbow adapter at the top of the power feed and make it work that way. I also saw one that had the 90 elbow coming right ot uf the warp so that the hose came up the bottom of the power feed. Don't know which would work better.
Thanks to all for the info so far. Anyone else have more input on this subject?

codeJockey
08-31-2002, 01:19 PM
I used to use the same setup. It worked fine, but the extra hose running under the gun annoyed me. I finally bought a Warp Body (left side). It doesn't work any better, but it's prettier... ;)

paintbattler
08-31-2002, 07:46 PM
5 foot hose? good lord..where you puttin ur revvy and warp? in ur backpack?

Doobie
08-31-2002, 11:40 PM
paintbattler,
Yup, that's the plan. It's just an idea i'm toying with although it's not original.

Z-man
08-31-2002, 11:51 PM
Your gonna need dual Warps to push that many balls through.

You know that you could "daisy chain" 2 together with one upside down and the other connecting to it right side up like this [ u n] (the u represents aright side up warp and the n the upside down one).

I thought about it, but that's where it stopped :-)

vf-xx
09-01-2002, 12:38 AM
I run my warp on the left side with the hose going under the trigger guard to my hopper left body. I use the 90 adapter straight off the warp. I haven't had any problems with it like this. The 90 deg adapter is a must with an emag. However on a RT, RTP, or mag with extended foregrip you can run the warp hose in front of the trigger frame and not run into any problems.

Doobie
09-01-2002, 07:10 AM
Thanks to all. I think I got the info I need, now.
AO rules!