PDA

View Full Version : Buying My First Mag! Need Help!

Dern
08-30-2002, 03:04 AM
Hello all, I have been looking into a mag all year, and soon I will have the funds to get one (around october). However, I am having trouble deciding what accessories/ upgrades to get. Below is my plan for my mag and the options that I can't decide on- so please help me with any advice you can give: (by the way, I'll be using the mag on CO2 first until i can get the nitro it needs)

1) Automag TKO (TKo because its only 40 dollars more then a regular powerfeed automag and it comes with a decent barrel, gas-thru foregrip, bottomline, and all macroline fitting for those upgrades). This is 290$

2A) X-core 8 stage expansion chamber and vertical ASA adapter together the two are about 40$

2b) A palmer stabilizer Side-Line that directly connects to the Automag's AIR assembly thingy, this is 70$ and then I don't need the parts listed in 2a, and its a better overall performance I believe.

3) Intelliframe with blade trigger

4) Nitro/HPA (most likely a 68 ci 4500 PSI crossfire system)

5) lastly a retro valve and a Richochet AK, or Revvy w/ X board, or Evolution, or halo loader system.

That is what i am thinking of doing, in that order. A new barrel may be in there somewhere but only if the barrel the TKO doesn't come with.

Any suggestions on a different order i shouljd buy those upgrades in would be helpful, or any other helpful hints are great :). Also, I had a question about the palmer Stabilizer with Side Line connect specifically: How big is it and how far does it stick out? Also, is it necessary or will a regular Xchamber get the mag to perform just as well?

Shirow
08-30-2002, 06:34 AM
2b) A palmer stabilizer Side-Line that directly connects to the Automag's AIR assembly thingy, this is 70$ and then I don't need the parts listed in 2a, and its a better overall performance I believe.

You could get a 48/3000 tank for the same price as that.

FutureMagOwner
08-30-2002, 07:54 AM
yes with the cost of the expansion chamber and stablizer you could get a good nitro tank(not one of the $400 tanks but a good sized screw in)
also if im not mistaken action village usually gives whatever barrel they have in stock and isnt selling most of the time(dont expect a freak system or a boom stick though :)).

cphilip
08-30-2002, 09:08 AM
You do not need 2A nor 2B if you get HPA.

Also by the time you buy the intellifrrame and the Retro valve you coulda bought an RT Pro with both of those on it. Think about that option.

Shirow
08-30-2002, 09:13 AM
I bought a TKO Automag in an ebay auction (Action Village was auctioning it off as 'refurbished') - got it for $160. Bought a 2 piece J&J from my friend for $50 and a 68/4500 crossfire for $200. 12v revy for $50, and that was about it.

Came to a total of about $450, which isn't too bad I don't think. It's not hard to find a cheap mag, you just have to shop around. I wouldn't be scared of buying used (if it's from a trusted party, either) - mine is in perfect condition.

Skoad
08-30-2002, 09:55 AM
To be honest i think buying used is the way to go. I was a little shakey on buying used at first but i went for it and i am very happy

+'s of buying used

1) CHEAPER!!(more for your money)
2) Most of the time you can buy the gun already with upgrades you were going to get anyway instead of buying a pretty much stock gun and having most of those stock parts sit in your room.

As long as you find a good seller it will be a plesant experience, trust me.

Mags are indestructable anyway :)

magman007
08-30-2002, 04:43 PM
ok, if you dont have a motorized hopper get it asap! that should be your first upgrade. Jeez guys! and go for nitro first, forger the side line stab, you dont need it, just save a bit more and get nitro. Also, if you run into choppage, then pick up lvl 10 before your level inteli.but olny if you have choppage issues.

Dern
08-31-2002, 12:20 AM
i think i'll do that lower end nitro thing... its a grand idea to save money and time :)

Dern
08-31-2002, 01:00 AM
If i go for a used one, should i try these forums, or ebay? Which would u trust more?

Skoad
08-31-2002, 09:02 AM
i bought mine off the forum here, u can always search the sellers name through the buy/sell/trade feedback.

I got mine from snakestang and got my tank/valve from Butterfingers. ZERO problems :)

Dern
08-31-2002, 11:52 PM
Hmmmm... sounds good to me! I might just get the RT Pro though... cheaper in the long run ( if buying new ).

I got a question though: Can the RT Pro valve be switched with a regualr AIR valve (the ones on the 68 automag and minimag). I'm just curious if it can...

angelKiller16
09-01-2002, 12:17 AM
i am not sure about your last question but i believe you can since the bodies of a classic and pro are interchagable. I wanted to say that the majority of the people on here are good traders and thier are lots of posts about good traders too, but even if thier aren't it doens't meen thier bad. Second i would recomend getting a high end electric loader right away since you are getting a RT Pro and that HP nitro/air is a necesity for the RT's to work. Good luck finding a gun you like and glad to have you as a member and future owner of the best paintball gun on the planet, the automag.

Mossman
09-01-2002, 12:34 AM
Getting an RT PRO is like getting all 5 of your staggered upgrades at once. You are getting intelliframe and Retro...problem is....a nice loader and a nitro tank are necessary