PDA

View Full Version : AutoCocker-big allen screw under front block?

JEDI
08-30-2002, 09:52 AM
What is the allen screw under the front block. Not the big one in front of the block. If I put a gauge on it will it tell me my input (operating) pressure AFTER the inline reg?

cphilip
08-30-2002, 10:25 AM
Yes it will...You mean the fairly large one just under the block? That one is LP and 1/8 NPT. Thats the one you want.

I did that. You need a elbow (male to female 90 degree) to make a nice neat turn to the side with it. Looks nice too when you do it that way.

JEDI
08-30-2002, 10:47 AM
Perfect! I wanted a gauge but didnt want to have to put an adapter between my reg & inline asa. What brand gauge did you go with, and hows it working?

Webmaster
08-30-2002, 11:39 AM
er - you are half right there phil...

it does tell the pressure - but it tells the pressure GOING INTO THE GUN - not the pressure out from the LPR. Usually its much easier to run a guauge on your reg - depending on whta kind you have - butif you put a guage on there - it will tell you what pressure you are running at.

Why is that hole there? its to chamber air from the front block screw to the LPR.

cphilip
08-30-2002, 12:03 PM
Correct o mundo Webbo!!!

... it shows the "regulated pressure". In other words the pressure after the regulator, not the input from tank pressure. But no, not the pressure after the LPR. But at least it shows where you have your reg set too. I thought that was what he wanted to accomplish as that is what I was after when I did it. But I may have assumed too much? :)

But as to running one on the reg many regs do not have a low pressure side port so that is not possible. My AA Vigilante does not. All I could do there was read the tank input pressure (800 psi in my case) which I already had coming from the Flatline tank anyway. So what good was that? But the one under the block shows me that which is coming from my regulator as regulated down. In my case 300psi. Might not be what he was after. I dunno...

Why it is there is not so important as the fact that it is usefull and the right size and does indeed contain the pressure after your main regulator.
I used a Dye Mini guage...

Added on edit: I am certain I answered it right now. Here was his need as copied from his original question If I put a gauge on it will it tell me my input (operating) pressure AFTER the inline reg? So there ya go! And it certainly will do that. He never asked to measure after LPR pressure. SO THERE!!!!! :D