PDA

View Full Version : Paintball.com Review of the Xtreme E-mag

Scooter/Cootie
08-30-2002, 06:13 PM
Thought everyone would get a kick out of this. Here is a link to the official Paintball.com review of the Xtreme.

Check it out. :)

http://www.paintball.com/features/story.cfm?placementID=1335

magman007
08-30-2002, 06:21 PM
well, i did not like how they didnt mention the level 10, not the fact that it is actually lighter than an angel

edit: was that written by a third grader? i mean what preofeesional person reviewing the hottest marker out there writes like that. JEEBUS! and so many people go to paintball.com, and are gunna see that. AH! we gotta drop out comments.

also about the comments, i love the guy who is like oh id rather have a dye cocker, or a shocktech than that. Dye cockers and shocks are nice but come on? atleast say you would rather have a custom freeflow!

EDIT 2: they were like, you can go from long electro pull to short with the flick of a switch. HELLO explain whay hybrid is! who in their right mind wants a long electro pull? jeez

and those quotes were deffinitely changed, tom nor john really talk like that, ther both much more professional, unles they toned it down and spoke in baby talk to the writer, which from his style, they probabally did

nutz
08-30-2002, 06:37 PM
i just lost most respect i had for paintball.com

Scooter/Cootie
08-30-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by nutz
i just lost most respect i had for paintball.com

Wow, I may have missed something but I thought it was a fairly decent article. I don't think that it knocked the Extreme or AGD except for the $1,400.00 comment at the end.

Do you see something that I may have missed? Thanks

magman007
08-30-2002, 06:50 PM
scooter, i agree with you, it wasnt that bad, but it coulda ben alot better, and much more prefessional, especially comming form the site that when searched, probabally comes uo 9 times outta 10 more than any others. because the name of our sport is its URL. It just wasnt professional enough to be put up in such a high traffic area.

Oregon_pb_
08-31-2002, 07:54 AM
that article didn't cover remotly enough detail as any good review should. thats more of a preview i would say.

B+, the + is for effort, the B is for the article.

angelKiller16
08-31-2002, 11:05 AM
the article was weak. If my english teacher saw that and didn't know it was written by a "profesional" writer she would say it was written by some 10yr old. Ther writter didn't even go over any of it's performance traits and couldn't even overview it's capabilties or features. This guy gets a D in Angelkiller16's school.

magman007
08-31-2002, 11:09 AM
it sounds like he just read the box and wrote down what it said....or he could have done that because the box had nothing on it! just like the article had nothing on the marker"

nutz
08-31-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Scooter/Cootie

Wow, I may have missed something but I thought it was a fairly decent article. I don't think that it knocked the Extreme or AGD except for the $1,400.00 comment at the end.

Do you see something that I may have missed? Thanks

dude they totaly forgot to mention one of the best features of the extreme and all mags. level 10, which makes the mag have one of the lightest moving bolts on the market, if not the lightest on paint. Aside from restating what has been said and is known about the emag they left out most of the new stuff thats on the extreme. I didnt see ace mentioned either.

SaS
08-31-2002, 06:41 PM
the ACE was mentioned...

Quote from www.paintball.com
" You also have the anti-chop eye feature in the Emag Extreme, which senses the ball falling into the bridge. The unique nature of this mechanism is the placement of the eye. “This marker is the only marker which has an eye looking up from the bottom of the breech and the reason for this placement is the ball always hits the bottom of the breech when it is ready to fire. So, this is the most reliable placement for the eye.” Kaye explained. "

but no level X...

FalconGuy016
08-31-2002, 07:05 PM
It really wasnt that bad, it just wasnt particularily good.

CenterFire
08-31-2002, 07:16 PM
You also have the anti-chop eye feature in the Emag Extreme, which senses the ball falling into the bridge.

Am I just stupid, or does a ball falling into a bridge not make sense?

SaS
08-31-2002, 08:24 PM
typos... can be interesting
but not so much on such a high traffic site

that was just a copy/paste on my part