PDA

View Full Version : Water on Warp Feed?

Hsuve
08-30-2002, 07:59 PM
Would water on the Warp Feed cause any problems? After sending my Warp Feed to somebody for a modification (There was no water on my Warp Feed when I sent it), the guy claims that water is on the circuit board, and that may be causing it to spin without end when the batteries are connected. I'm just curious if that would truly cause such a thing to happen, and if not, what could it be? The guy's turned the vibration sensor all the way (Both ways, more sensitive and less), and nothing appears to change. This is a PTP Warp Feed, if that helps any, and the external sensor is not plugged in. Also, in the case that my board is messed up, the AGD store sells the boards for $35, but would it just be a "plug it in and go" sort of a thing, or would I also need other parts to get it working like a regular AGD Warp? Thanks in advance to all who're willing to help.

misfit
08-30-2002, 08:38 PM
they are the same more or less. it is easy with a ptp warp because the vibration sensor is on the out side so the only thing that you have to solder is the motor wires back on. you have to do this because you cant get the board out with out desoldering the terminals first. it is easy.

Hsuve
08-30-2002, 10:22 PM
Hmmmm... I remember somebody posted something, but then when I clicked reply, it was gone. :(
misfit: Thanks for the help, solves one of questions! :D Anybody got an idea on why it's not stop spinning? Any help would be appreciated.