PDA

View Full Version : what is so bad about benchmark trigger frames?

EsPo
08-31-2002, 03:49 PM
Tell me what you think.. tell me what you mean... i have heard people say slop and i dunno what that is supposed to mean. pleeze only post if you have shot one or have one.
i think im gonna get one cause i dont have enough for the intelliframe. also if any1 has a powerlyte grip frame tell me how that is also.

TRIAD
08-31-2002, 03:50 PM
The trigger flops around like a dieing trout. It basically will go anywhere, but it will be fine, if you keep it up against the sear rod.

magman007
08-31-2002, 03:51 PM
well, first off the triggerpull is much longer than it has to be. this is forewards to back slop, and side to sode slop is a trigger that wiggles, the benchy´s also have this

edit: wait for the intelli. THe powerlytes are not agd approved, and will void the warrenty, same with the dyes. I reccomend waiting for the intelli. it is so much nicer

EsPo
08-31-2002, 03:54 PM
when you say keep is against the sear rod this would mean i have 2 extend it rite? i can just do that by twisting it rite? magman.. i will seriously have 2 wait till christmas to get an intelliframe. not even joking.

TRIAD
08-31-2002, 04:00 PM
Well, there is a lot of forward slack, so i'm saying if you have the trigger slack pulled so there isn't any, ti will be up against the rod, and play will be reduced.

magsRus
08-31-2002, 04:16 PM
I love mine, but I guess they could cut down on some of the slack in the trigger pull it takes so long sometimes if you just sit there and watch yourself pull the trigger

magman007
08-31-2002, 04:26 PM
wait for it then, it is truely worth it, everyone and their mother will tell you that. I loved it so much. then i got my e-mag lol

and what ever you do, dont adjust the trigger rod, i repead do not adjust the trigger rod

CenterFire
08-31-2002, 04:55 PM
I have a benchy 2x and love it. It feels completely different from the Dye/Intelli. You can get more leverage on it as its placed out further, making it easier to pull. The downsides are that it does have side-to-side slop, and without a trigger stop, you often pull the trigger further back than necessary, but you can learn to avoid that pretty well if you play with it a lot. My friend has an intelli and he can shoot faster on my benchy anyway. I'm not sure about warranty policies, but I've never had to send my mag in anyway...

Also, it doesn't look as nice as the intelli. Just thought I'd add that.

EDIT - Thanks TRIAD, Benchy frames do not void the warranty, so you no longer have to worry about that either.

blackmag3
08-31-2002, 05:04 PM
i would shoot the stock frame over a benchy two finger trigger by far. the benchy has lots of trigger play from front to back and from left to right. i would wait and get an intelli frame. it is so much better in my opinion. to me the benchy frame was the worst thing i ever bought for my mag.

TRIAD
08-31-2002, 05:24 PM
Read the warranty info, Diamond labs and Dye frames void warranty. BENCHY FRAMES DON'T.

magman007
08-31-2002, 06:01 PM
you know what always confused me? benchy's have bad slop, the the zgrip does not, but benchy was licenced by agd to make the z grip...doesnt add up. unless agd gave strict instructions on how to make it

EsPo
08-31-2002, 06:21 PM
benchy or stock.. cant afford anything else plus my local shop doesnt have anything else.. cant order anything online cause they need my credit card and my parents dont allow that.

magman007
08-31-2002, 06:23 PM
stay stock then, you will regret buying the benchy, check the forsale forum and try to find a used intelli.

Wc Keep
08-31-2002, 06:44 PM
i shoot the benchy and i love it. i have the chrome one so it costs the same amount as the intelli. i dont like the intelli because its to short so i cant pull it fast enough. and the only thing ugly about it is that it has that funky trigger. but other than that i can shoot it hell of fast.

EsPo
08-31-2002, 06:56 PM
i cant give out my adress on the internet either.. so that rules out the forum.

p.s. yes.. my parents are a lil paranoid

CenterFire
08-31-2002, 07:28 PM
I completely agree Wc, most people who diss the benchy have never tried one, they just go with the crowd and say it has slop. The trigger is so much easier to pull the way it is placed. It is probably just personal preference, but I still love my benchy. (Yes, I've shot an intelli)

TRIAD
08-31-2002, 07:44 PM
I've shot both. True, benchy's are lite, but they have slack. I've shot z-grips, stock, intellis, benchys, dyes, so don't give me that. I like the dye and intelli the best, mm blade trigger, z's are nice too, benchys are okay, and we don't need to talk about stock, do we?

paintbattler
08-31-2002, 07:55 PM
the trigger has a lot of play in it

rudy
08-31-2002, 10:03 PM
Well I figure Ill explain rather then just give my opinion. I have shot stock, DL, benchmark, and intelliframe. Most old 45 frames like the bench mark put the trigger rod up so it was depressed very close to the top of the trigger. the also put a rounded contact area in. so basically what happens is the longest pull they could get was formed and due to the leverage it is very light. So if your fingers arent strong and you cant afford electronic guns then the bench mark might be right for you. however is does have alot of slop. On one frame we can shoot it with the safty truned on and leave it like that. The intelli frame has the trigger rod contact down where AGD likes to place it. and so the pull is harder then a benchmark but much lighter then a stock frame. it is also not as sloppy you get a nice crisp pull. Finally here is what I dont like about benchmark frames the pull is so long and light you have a much higher chance of short stroking and it is almost impossible to pull the trigger consistently in the same manner. This effects velocity. many people percieved mags as inaccurate because they were using such frames and were getting greater velocity fluctuations due the pulling the trigger different each time.

I would say go twith the wait and go wiith the intelliframe. also by then is is likely the medusa will be out and one other frame that will be a nice option