PDA

View Full Version : Centerfeed VS Powerfeed

Dern
09-01-2002, 03:11 AM
Heyo again I have yet another question! I was wondering whether a center/vertical feed is faster feeding or has some kind of advantage over powerfeeds. Also, is there an advantage of powerfeeds over centerfeeds? I heard centerfeeds feed faster but can cause more ball chops (however level 10 probably fixes that).

-dern

DiRTyBuNNy
09-01-2002, 03:59 AM
one of the biggest non-performace issue is finding barrels for the centerfeeds (I know you can mod them to work..but they don't work without the mod..so there..) unless you go with the new EquationUSA barrel set which is milled for H/R, H/L and CF...

CenterFire
09-01-2002, 12:52 PM
I've shot a centerfeed mag, and it performed fine if you ask me. It is hard to find barrels, but Equation, BOA, and J&J are known to make them, and other companies such as Smart Parts and Dye can make them on special order. Someone I know locally has a centerfeed freak kit.

Dern
09-01-2002, 03:48 PM
I think I mean the centerfeed on an RT PRO... since it can come stock like that. Does it still have to have a special barrel?

Dern
09-01-2002, 11:07 PM
which feed system do you prefer?

petefol
09-01-2002, 11:31 PM
if your planning on getting a warp feed then a powerfeed is best, but with the centerfeed you could cut down the feed tube so its a low rise and then put a halo on it. the idea behind a lowrise body is that even with a halo on top of the gun the halo would only stick above the bunker as much as your mask would, so if the hopper was on the side of your gun you would get shot in the mask anyway.
http://www.automags.org./forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=357354

canibus
09-02-2002, 11:27 AM
that picture shows diferent thats agd's patented no-rise feed which works best with a halo b over a warp feed mainly because it "shoots" that ball right down into the breech.

Troy
09-02-2002, 11:46 AM
Does anyone elso notice that on the "no rise" the Halo Blimp is right in your line of site.

And the Warp has a much smaller profile than a "no rise".

Dern
09-02-2002, 01:09 PM
I think I will be going the centerfeed/ low-rise method. Thanks for that pic, too.

How wowuld u reccomend I shorten the centerfeed? Just draw a level line on it where it needs to be cut and saw it off? Then I guess I could just sand down the cut edge and polish it off.(?)