PDA

View Full Version : September 7th & 8th Skirmish World Record Game Info.

Paintballer86
09-01-2002, 11:51 AM
Message deleted for identity protection purposes.

misfit
09-01-2002, 01:34 PM
i have to regester tomorrow, did we ever get an answer if agd is going to be represented there?

dropkick1
09-01-2002, 03:08 PM
i'm going with misfit^^^^, i'll be shooting a black micro emag with a smoke warp. black rcochet 2k, etc, and wearing a green jt power jersey and either a black proteus witha skull painted on it or a blue dye invision.

ken

Dayspring
09-01-2002, 08:24 PM
I've got a team of 4 (myself included) that is going. I don't know when we're heading out yet. We need to register tomorrow afternoon. I'll post my info here.

EDIT* Oh yeah- I'll be wearing camo pants and a JT Hotrod Jersey (or an Old Navy Staff T-Shirt) I may try to rig up a flag or banner or something on my truck so people can find it.

Paintballer86
09-01-2002, 09:17 PM
Make shure to say you want to be on yellow team!!

Dayspring
09-01-2002, 10:48 PM
I'm excited! My team and I are planning on taking it easy and not shooting tons of paint. (Or our paychecks) But I think we'll play for a bit, enter into the contests and bum around the lot for a bit.

Oh yeah- If we get enough AOers, I'll set up our own Donut Orgy! (So long as I get permission to use the term from AGD's legal dept ;))

BTW- any word from AGD if they are going to be on hand?

Dayspring
09-02-2002, 01:17 PM
OK. I'm registered for the Yellow Team. HOWEVER- there is no camping at the fields. YOu have to go to outlying campgrounds. I'll look into which campground I'm going to and maybe we can choose the same one. I'll do that this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

If you guys need to contact me for any reason for info or anything, my AIM name is PappyFDU. Drop a line!

*EDIT* My check in time is 7:15AM. I think we're going to head out the night before. Otherwise I'd have to be up at 5AM. And that would suck.:eek:

SHAG
09-02-2002, 06:04 PM
Hi,

I registered with Blue. I really didn't care which side I was on at hte time. I told the lady on the phone that as long as I get to shoot someone I will be happy. She just laughed. See ya in the middle.

Guns...

Me Black body Red annodized with warp and flatine 4500.
Girlfriend Chrome Body Sunrise anno with 4500
Friend Micro Mag

Secondaries...

Don't know yet. I might sling up a Model 98 short barrel

Later,
Alan

FalconGuy016
09-02-2002, 06:29 PM
Im on the purple/pink/rainbow trim team.

You may not of heard of it, because its a 2 man "special" team.

I will be shooting a sweet fully auto blade with a large hunting scope and a 36" barrel /w bipod, to snipe you bastards out!!

I will also be toting dual 60mm paintgrenade launchers, so dont try to mess with me :)

Oh, and we rented the helicoptor and a minigun converted to a paintgun, a few backup spyders and emags, a special talon that shoots laser-guided paintballs, a few hundred paint grenades, 40,000 marbilizers, and a neat little pen that doubles as a single shot emergency paintball gun and a reusable enema dispenser.

See ya there :)

Dayspring
09-02-2002, 09:15 PM
Shag- we may try to get the AOers together to hang for a bit during the day.

Falcon- Um, REAL info about going is good. BS is not. Thanks.

Wickster
09-02-2002, 09:39 PM
I will be there with my wife and a friend of ours. I am going to register us tomorrow so I don't know the team yet. I used to judge at Skirmish years ago, so I can't wait to go back and play there in this format. I will post our color tomorrow sometime.

I'll be in Rhodesian camouflage with my pf mag, braided pro-line remote with 68 ci 4500 tank. You will notice my wife using my old F-1 (yes I said F-1) Illustrator :D .

See you all there!

Dayspring
09-02-2002, 10:07 PM
Go Yellow with the rest of us!!! I'd hate to shoot at a fellow AOer...

Paintballer86
09-03-2002, 10:49 AM
Message deleted for identity protection purposes.

Glenn0586
09-03-2002, 10:55 AM
I just signed up with Yellow.

I dont know what Ill be wearing but Ill be shooting a chrome centerfeed minimag with a smoke revvy, RT valve, and a black blade intelli.

BTW, does anyone know if AGD is going to this or not? I need a 1.5 carrier for my lv 10 to work better and I could get it from them if they are there.

Yes I agree. Someone should make a big AO sign so we can all meet up.

Dayspring
09-03-2002, 12:11 PM
I'm kinda sitting at work, but I think I may have a 1.5 carrier from the Beta test that you can have. (My setup is working perfectly after 2000 rounds)

As for the sign- I'm going to rig up a large flag pole and run a big flag (duh) on top of it. Probably a Dive flag. (Too many American flags around. This is easier to spot)

As for the campgrounds, that's where I was looking as well. It seems pretty nice. I have to call them on the way home from work and get some info about check-in, cuz I plan on getting there at some time like 1AM saturday morning.

And with this crowd getting larger, two words keep echoing in my mind---

DONUT ORGY

Paintballer86
09-03-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
As for the sign- I'm going to rig up a large flag pole and run a big flag (duh) on top of it. Probably a Dive flag. (Too many American flags around. This is easier to spot)

Sounds Great. I dont thiink that you will have much luck campground wise, b/c there was only like 1 campground left when we signed up for one, (3 days ago) so I dont know. Donught Orgy would be fun, and from what it looks like, we will have a few members there. Should we plan on meeting by your flag at 5:30-6:00 (when the game ends for the day)? Would that work for everyone? Are you going to put it on your car/truck? We still have a little planing to do, but it should prove to be a good time.

Dayspring
09-03-2002, 12:52 PM
It's probably going to be inbetween the two SUVs going. Look for a big blue Xterra with a AGD sticker on it. (it also has a Thundercats sticker on it too ;))

I'm going to call the campground now.

*EDIT* Just got off the phone. I registered for "enough room for 2 trucks and 2 tents." So I'm all good. Although, I'm probably going to get stuck in the parking lot from the sounds of it . ;) We'll be getting there late on Friday night so rest and equipment prep will consume most of our night. However Saturday is another story :D

Did anybody get a fire-pit? If so, I'll bring firewood.

Wickster
09-03-2002, 04:10 PM
My wife and I are registered on the yellow team. We are staying at a relative's house, but we will look for the diver down flag on Saturday.

;) TIP- bring a 2 liter bottle with water in it to clean yourself off (after the game if you don't get hit during the game :D ).

SHAG
09-03-2002, 04:52 PM
Hi,

Figures I am the only on on Blue :) May be I should change sides. :)

BTW< As far as I know and according to the info, AGD will not be there. I got my regisratuion pack the other day and it said nothing about Airgun Designs being there. Yes I know what the web site said IIRC, the "trade show" is really just a hodge poge of a few vendors under on big tent. Smart Parts had a booth. Tippmann and a few smaller guys.

Later,
Alan

misfit
09-03-2002, 07:11 PM
yellow team, me and ken

dropkick1
09-03-2002, 08:06 PM
yeah, we'll be at the jim thorpe camp ground with dayspring, hehe,oh well cya guys up there.

ken

Wickster
09-03-2002, 08:09 PM
The Skirmish website says that national Paintball, smart parts, WDP, Tippman, AIRGUN DESIGNS, etc... will be there.

They also claim (from e-mail to their list members) that the vendors will be selling many of their wares at REALLY low prices. Hopefully, that will be true and we can all get some great deals.

GO YELLOW!:D

Dayspring
09-04-2002, 12:19 AM
I know about Dropkick & Misfit, but I was curious as to what kind of firepower the AO contingent will be sporting.

LX RT Pro (may be Warp Fed- just heard back from Subbeh)
JT Slam System (I can load in 5 seconds with one hand and not lose trigger rhythm)

In a few words to the blue team- BRING IT!

And yes Shag, by all means- switch ;)

I will handle the Donut Orgy and set up a time later on this week. Do we all want to get together afterwards at the camp site? Where are we all staying? Does anybody have a confirmed firepit for the traditional dance around the fire chant?

Glenn0586
09-04-2002, 09:11 AM
amen to that brother. i got one of those too and i love it.

the only problems ive had is that the little rubber bands get tangled sometimes and then i have to stop shooting to fix it. arg!

Dayspring
09-04-2002, 11:59 AM
BOUNTY HUNT

I have a "friend" going this weekend. He'll be spporting a Blue JT Jersey with the # 8 I believe and the name "Jester", we Blue Pants. He'll be weilding an Angel IR3.

May also be wearing a Hawiian shirt. Target can be identified by a bright green Frog on the front of his mask.

I want him "ELIMINATED ."

dropkick1
09-04-2002, 01:34 PM
i saw him at d-day, he's kinda bossy and annoying.

ken

Dayspring
09-06-2002, 08:44 AM
OK everybody- here it goes. 24 Hours to World Record Game.

Here's some last minute info-

Yellow Team!

My check in time is 7:15. I imagine most others' is close to that. The earlier you get there, the closer to the facilities you are. Don't be late!

I'm at the Jim Thorpe Campgrounds, site S3. Stop by! (I'll be getting in LATE tonight- aka:1AM)

I figure the Donut Orgy can be around 2PM tomorrow- Just enough time after lunch to take a break from running around.

Look for a Dive Flag (red Flag w/ diagonal white stripe) high above the cars. That'll be my group. Come by and say Hi! I'm rigging up some shade so it'll be nice and cool. (otherwise, look for a big, tall blue Xterra)

If everything works out, we'll have a nice campfire saturday night, stop by and hang out w/ us. We don't bite. (well, usually...)

If there's anything more you need, feel free to drop me an IM during the course of the day. (PappyFDU on AIM) Come 4PM, however, I'm out of the office and prepping for the weekend.

Catch ya all tomorrow. Drive safe!

Paintballer86
09-06-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring

I figure the Donut Orgy can be around 2PM tomorrow- Just enough time after lunch to take a break from running around.

I might not be able to make it if it is at two. I might be a little late, and my arrival might be around 3:00. But go on without me! Dont Fret! :p :D