PDA

View Full Version : Classic Mag chops way to much!

Automaggin
09-01-2002, 03:29 PM
my classic feed chops way to much. everyone tells me cuase i shoot to damn fast for it. if i cut the feed tube down, will it feed faster? i dont have the money for level10 yet, and i have team practice this weekend. what should i do

subbeh
09-01-2002, 03:58 PM
Find the thread for sanding the edge of your bolt. With my RT, if I shot fast AT ALL, I would chop. After sanding the bolt, I cannot think of one chop that was because the warp did not spin and load a ball half-way. Seriously look into it, that seems to be your problem.

Maybe someone with time / superior search skills can pull this thread up for him?

Kevmag
09-01-2002, 04:41 PM
See if you have the newer stype Powerfeed Plug (Parabolic). I believe there is a classic thread that shows the differences. The bottom of the plug will have screws.

BajaBoy
09-01-2002, 05:54 PM
it sounds like he has standard feed..

p8ntballa
09-01-2002, 07:34 PM
http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32839&highlight=rounding+bolt+edge
Try that. Dont cut the feed yet, it will create a smaller ball stack and be even easier to outshoot it.

someVWkid
09-01-2002, 09:00 PM
i chopped my tube, big mistake, dont bother cuz it makes the feed slower.

misfit
09-02-2002, 12:06 AM
it doesnt matter if you cut the tube on a classic mag. it was made that long so you dont put you finger in it. i cut my old one and had no problems with it. you can do a serch on it if you want to find out for your self

PyRo
09-02-2002, 08:23 AM
Do you have the extended nose bolt? Or do you still have one of the old ones. If you have an old one, get an extended or even better a level 10. A powerfeed body, and/or a warp should help with this problem.