PDA

View Full Version : Does LX quiet it?

Magluvr
09-02-2002, 05:02 PM
I was just wondering is level 10 would quiet my gun. Right now I have no problems with my mini except that I would like it to be quieter. I was wondering if the level 10 could do that for me???

If it can't do you have any suggestions?
Note: I already have a good barrel (the 2002 SP AA)

AcemanPB
09-02-2002, 05:06 PM
i didn't notice a difference, in noise

i was going to tell you to get a barrel with more porting, but i see you already have on

i've used an all american on my gun before and i thought it was very quiet

pbguy888
09-02-2002, 05:42 PM
Why would u want it more quit....? Whats the point?

rhetor22
09-02-2002, 05:52 PM
i'd love for my gun to be quieter, its already pretty low as it is though.

I don't think lvl 10 will do that for you, but it does sound cool when it hits Tom's tongue! It makes a little psst noise. hehe, cool!!:D

Tighten down your screws and use smaller paint is all i can think of.

or put a wool sock around your gun

FooTemps
09-02-2002, 07:21 PM
ooo! get a 2 inch ramrod barrel! that should be quiet! lol, jk. That'd probably be the loudest mag ever.

BlackVCG
09-02-2002, 07:25 PM
LX gives the gun a sharper pop sound. It seems to have less of the "ping" sound with L7.

thevilduk
09-02-2002, 07:30 PM
make a silencer if you really want it to be quite. The only reason in my mind someone would want there gun to be more quite is someone who plays woodsball? Because a quite gun in speedball is not all that great.

MagKoko
09-02-2002, 09:12 PM
silencer = 200$ permit

AssassN
09-02-2002, 09:23 PM
if u make it only to fit paintball marker than u dont need permit.

Do a search on it.

thevilduk
09-03-2002, 03:22 PM
yes techinically a paintball markers is not considered a fire arm... from my knowledge. Hell if you can make one for a potato cannon im sure you can for a little paintball marker.

Tom Sparkman
09-03-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by AssassN
if u make it only to fit paintball marker than u dont need permit.

Do a search on it.

It's pretty hard to make it fit a paintgun only. If BATF can get it to fit on a real gun (and they are pretty creative) and it reduces the output by 1 decibel, it is considered a firearm silencer.

Tom

thevilduk
09-03-2002, 03:58 PM
first you probly have never made a paintball silencer the materials consiste of batting (blanket filling stuff) and pvc pipe. Yes i have made a paintball silencer. Hell i could make a fire arm silencer for about 150 dollars... all ya need is some sound absorbing foam a lathe and some aluminum. But the only reason i would ever make a silencer is to sell things for more money on ebay:D

Swanky_Sam
09-03-2002, 04:11 PM
my mini mag sounds like a nail gun. But it scares every one so i like it.

Magluvr
09-03-2002, 05:22 PM
Yeah, I wanted it quieter because I play woodsball. I was just trying to see if there was anything I could do to get it as quiet as my friends cocker. It is almost perfectly silent except for the sound of the ram pushing the block.

If you can think of anything else email me at nuclear_puffin@lycos.com if not I will start thrying to tinker with it!

magman007
09-03-2002, 05:37 PM
sorry to go off topic, but on the way of scilencers, a potatoe works pretty dang good on the end of a .22!

rx2
09-03-2002, 05:48 PM
Anything will work well on the end of a .22!
Actually, potatoes will work fine for a few shots. The only problem is that sometimes the round can veer once it enters the potatoe, especially if it hits an area of higher density. So, don't hold the potatoe on the end of the barrel by hand, or you may end up with a wound. Of course, you could then claim it to be a stigmata, but that is another topic all together.