PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the z valve From Galactic systemz Inc.?

A.T.S
09-03-2002, 03:07 AM
??? I Hav not the money for the retro valve will this work well? will it damage anything?

Aliens-8-MyDad
09-03-2002, 07:19 AM
i thin they are crap, but i never used one so i cant really say that, but i have herd agd parts work best.

Dayspring
09-03-2002, 09:27 AM
Won't damage anything. But you're better off staying with AGD parts. Just how it is. They are better than any aftermarket one out there. Save up for the retro. It's SOOOOO worth it.

FutureMagOwner
09-03-2002, 10:14 AM
lol ill put in my question here then to save some room

does the rt valve do anything other than recharge faster and bump your finger back? does it make your trigger lighter or any jazz like that?

while i heard good thigns about the z valve i dont think its worth the cash imo

BajaBoy
09-03-2002, 10:31 AM
save for a retro, its worth the money

Miscue
09-03-2002, 11:41 AM
Z-Valves are a waste. Save for RetroValve.

Dayspring
09-03-2002, 12:00 PM
What? You want more than the fastest recharging valve in paintball today?

Try this-

Uses only HPA- more stable a gas for paintball purposes. (cleaner & less thermally reactive)

Reactive Trigger- allows for faster firing rates. Also started the revolution for "Reactive Triggers"

Fast Recharging- NO shootdown. EVER.

Made by AGD- means it will work w/o the hype! No Elves here!

If you haven't shot one, do it. Then come back and sing it's praises. :D

Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
does the rt valve do anything other than recharge faster and bump your finger back? does it make your trigger lighter or any jazz like that?

A.T.S
09-03-2002, 12:53 PM
Why are they a waste? What problems do they have? I am a rec. player. I do not need to shoot super fast for long periods of time so I don't need the fast recharge rate of the retro valve. It would cost me $400 to get one because I only have co2. My velocity is consistent enough on my co2+remote set up that the ball goes where I point the gun. At this time I have no desire For H.P.A. I used a reactive trigger on a tippmann98 and loved it I could get 2-3 shot bursts with out thinking. With my mag I have a tendency to yank the gun ever so slightly when firing 2-3 shot bursts. All I want is a reactive trigger to make it easer. I do not like double triggers. Please do not tell me that it is not AGD so it sucks. I only want to hear from those of you who have had experience with it. (If you have one, have used one, have a friend who uses one, etc.) I realize that the retro valve is probably better, but I do not think it is worth the money for my purposes. Thank you for your time!

Dayspring
09-03-2002, 01:00 PM
What we're saying is that AGD's design is the best you can get (Stock, Retro or otherwise). There's no reason to spend the $ for not that big of a performance gain (if any).

A.T.S
09-03-2002, 01:19 PM
"What we're saying is that AGD's design is the best you can get (Stock, Retro or otherwise). There's no reason to spend the $ for not that big of a performance gain (if any)."
-Dayspring

I Know that AGD bad *** products! Dude! I want a reactive trigger!!! the z-valve is a reactive trigger for under 50 bucks!!! I simply can not rationalize spending $400 when all I want is a gun that will push the trigger back for me. I could get 2 new R/T tippmanns for that price. All I Want is the reactive trigger!

Dayspring
09-03-2002, 01:22 PM
I don't believe it's a reactive trigger. The reason the RT kicks the trigger rod out is b/c they redesigned the airflow. I don't believe the Z-Valve does this. It's a lateral move. No upgrade at all. Get us now?

A.T.S
09-03-2002, 01:28 PM
Check it out on their website.http://www.galacticz.com/index.html
It is under Accessories then look at valves.

Dayspring
09-03-2002, 01:49 PM
Crap. they're just replacing the on/off pin and a small valve part. Not enough for a significant difference.

Save the $ and buy some paint.

*EDIT*- The Reactive effect is because of the re-routed air flow. This will lighten the trigger a pinch, but by no means will it give the reactive trigger that the Retro can.

And where are you getting a Retro Valve for $400? (Just noticed that) Um, they are alot less than that. Especially if you take the "Go Retro" deal from AGD.

ghideon
09-03-2002, 01:56 PM
The $400 tag comes from the fact that he would have to move from CO2 to HPA if he were to go retro. So figure $200 for a decent HPA tank.

Dayspring
09-03-2002, 01:58 PM
Crossfire tanks are $100-$150 or so. Decent Tank. Find one used. Even better.

Still- Z-Valve is crap.

A.T.S
09-03-2002, 02:01 PM
Daydpring, Do you have a retro mag? If so would you please look at the on off pin and tell me if it is strate like the one in the clasic or if it expands like the one in the z valv. Ill bet it looks more like the z valv.the diferent pin shape is what makes it reactive.

A.T.S
09-03-2002, 02:09 PM
I would nead a 68ci 4000psi tank to last as long as my 20oz co2 200 bucks I do not play at near a fill station so air has to last all day.

TRIAD
09-03-2002, 02:10 PM
Alright. You came, asked for advice, and now try to deny what we tell you. Look, here are the facts:

1. Don't buy aftermarket non-AGD parts. Many void warranties, and all offer little or no performance gain.

2. Ask a question, get an answer, and listen to it (especially when the mods, mag experts, tell you what to do)

3. Save for a ReTro valve.

*edit* You can buy a used 68 4500 psi (no such thing as a 4k tank, although you can fill a 4.5k tank to 4k) for 150 or so here.

A.T.S
09-03-2002, 02:14 PM
Please!

Dayspring
09-03-2002, 02:16 PM
Actually, you're wrong. The airflow path is what makes it reactive. The incoming pressure isn't regulated down, so it kicks the trigger back with full force.

As for the on/off- the top is a larger diameter than the bottom. Not tapered.

Take a look through the Tech Forums and you'll see I'm right.

*EDIT*- Some people just don't listen... :rolleyes:

TRIAD
09-03-2002, 02:24 PM
Okay A.T.S, don't ever ask a question again. If you're not going to listen to us, don't ask. Not a SINGLE person said to get it. Quite a few responded, people with much experience, and even a mod, and yet you don't listen. So, get what you want, post back how much you don't like it when you buy it. I'll be looking in the misc. items thread when you sell it.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A.T.S
09-03-2002, 02:28 PM
That seams reasonable I will look at the tech forems to see how it works. I will also atempt to figure out exactly what the z-valve does and how it works.

A.T.S
09-03-2002, 03:30 PM
I am not trying to disrespect anyone!! The reason that I was not satisfied with Miscue's response was because my question was not specific enough. That is why I tried to clarify my situation and the question. I have listened to every reply. (In Dayspring's reply I missed the part about the Re designed airflow oops!!! However that does not mean that the Z-valve design is not reactive.) So far I have learned that people do not like them I still want to know why people do not like them. I would like a logical explanation of why they do, or do not work. Or an account of someone using one. I realize that you are trying to help me I just think that I have been failing to communicate clearly.

56kSomeGuy
09-03-2002, 03:37 PM
I haven't used it yet but i think that putting a rt on/off assembly in your valve will not make it reactive. All the z on/off is another version of the rt on/off assembly i think.:confused: Not really sure about what i'm talking about...

Mike Smith
09-03-2002, 04:43 PM
I have the 1992 version (with upgrades of course) of the AutoMag.

I tried the Z-valve almost 2 years ago. It's a real good valve UNTIL the pin bends. You have to buy a complete new valve. Galactic does not sell just the pin and that pin is very thin. Mine bend SLIGHTLY and became useless after 2 - 3 months. It would fail to shoot or would shoot double and triple shots. Sometimes, just a bump of the gun made it shoot. After I got the magnifying glass out, I noticed an extremely small bend near where the seer hits it. That was the problem; but the solution was, buy an entire new valve.

No thanks. The metal they are using is too soft for the job that it needs to do. I went back to the usual AGD valve.

A.T.S
09-03-2002, 05:09 PM
Thank you for your reply Mike Smith

are there any more people who have expirence with the z-valv?

magman007
09-03-2002, 05:14 PM
you have to realize, something is cheep? well you get what you pay for, just like mike said.

Also, you said you jerk your marker ever so slightly to get your 2-3 round bursts. are you playing with a stock? or no stock? if you wish to keep your remote setup, i reccomend a stock, that will severely help some of your problems. a good shooting platform is key

AssassN
09-03-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by A.T.S
Why are they a waste? What problems do they have? I am a rec. player. I do not need to shoot super fast for long periods of time so I don't need the fast recharge rate of the retro valve. It would cost me $400 to get one because I only have co2. My velocity is consistent enough on my co2+remote set up that the ball goes where I point the gun. At this time I have no desire For H.P.A. I used a reactive trigger on a tippmann98 and loved it I could get 2-3 shot bursts with out thinking. With my mag I have a tendency to yank the gun ever so slightly when firing 2-3 shot bursts. All I want is a reactive trigger to make it easer. I do not like double triggers. Please do not tell me that it is not AGD so it sucks. I only want to hear from those of you who have had experience with it. (If you have one, have used one, have a friend who uses one, etc.) I realize that the retro valve is probably better, but I do not think it is worth the money for my purposes. Thank you for your time!

All i heard was...

Why ... .... . ..... .... ........ do .... ..... I .. . .... ....... . .. not need .. ..... ..... .... ... .... ....... .. .... .. . ..... .... the .... ........ .... .. ... retro valve. It wouldn't cost me .... to get one because I only have .... .. ........ .. .......... ...... .. .. co2+remote ... .. .... ... .... .... ..... . ..... ... .... .. .... .... I have .. desire For H.P.A. . .... a reactive trigger .. . .......... and ..... .. I could get ... .... bursts with out thinking. With my mag I have a tendency to yank the gun ever so slightly when firing 2-3 shot bursts. All I want is a reactive trigger to make it easer. I do ... like double triggers. Please do ... tell me that it is not AGD so it sucks. . only .... .. .... .... ..... .. you ... have ... experience .... ... (If you have one, have used one, have a friend who uses one, etc.) I realize that the retro valve is ........ better, but I do ... think it is worth the money for my purposes. Thank you for your time!

2 pounds of grapes later im done.

banzaimf
09-03-2002, 06:08 PM
First off, I have a Z-valve in my gun

Next, I have done all the things to my gun that they say not too (sear grinds, on/off pin grinds, trigger rod length adjustment, etc), including tossing in a Z-valve. I got a somewhat lighter trigger pull from the Z-valve, but it was not as noticeable as the sear grinds. As for anyone who feels like telling me sear grinds don't work, I have had my slightly ground sear in my gun since 1997. They do work if done in moderation. Anyways, the point is that Z-valves do make a SLIGHT difference, but cost vs performance isn't all that great.

banzaimf

A.T.S
09-03-2002, 06:19 PM
LOL AssassN I can dig your style. I was afraid it might sound like that.

Magman007 I bought the mag partly because of the pistol feel for that reason I do not use a stock. My pro/carb feels like a rifle I wanted something completely different. Thank you for your input.

Are there any single trigger jobs that might make the action smoother?

Thanks banzaimf

AssassN
09-03-2002, 06:21 PM
If you want my real opinion i say retro valve, but i respect the fact that you dont have the money.

alf
09-03-2002, 09:55 PM
a.t.s.

i have a z-valve...i bought it used for $25...i used it one day, took it out and ordered a retro...

if you want, ill send it to you FOR FREE, so you can try it...if you like it, send me whatever you feel its worth...

if you dont like it, just send it back

it BARELY made the trigger lighter, and caused me to chop about 8 balls that day...

-alf

A.T.S
09-03-2002, 10:06 PM
alf-
Did it push your finger back? Did the balls break because of short stroke? How exactly did it feal? I might be interested in your offer.

alf
09-03-2002, 10:12 PM
it didnt push my finger back...im SURE of that...

it DID make it a little lighter, but not much more than that...

as for the shortstroking, it COULD be, but i kinda doubt it

pm my your address...ill drop it in an envelope

-alf

A.T.S
09-03-2002, 10:32 PM
Alf you hava pm

Dayspring
09-04-2002, 12:12 AM
I was hoping this silliness was over by now... Guess not. :rolleyes:

Enjoy the new part man. Let us know about your experience please.

A.T.S
09-04-2002, 12:56 AM
lol Dayspring, I enjoy your bewilderment.After my research today I expect nothing dissatisfaction from this product. However curiosity has the best of me. For the price of a few stamps, I am willing to give it a try. I will let you know the outcome and am prepared for the "I told you so." Lol Have a wonderful night!!!

Beano357
09-04-2002, 04:22 PM
I have used the on/off assm. so called the "z-valve" It dose change the trigger a little bit. Not nearly as much as the ReTro will. It is comparable but not the same. Try it out, if you like it great. Its all a matter of opinion. If you do get one make sure to set the regulator nut ccw with the least amount of velocity before taking the valve apart, seat the reg pin and spring then skrew the valve back together. The reg nut needs to be set far back as possible to ensure you dont bend the reg pin. Set the velocity clock wise with 1/8 turns that should be good for 10-20 fps per 1/8 turn.

In vest in

Miscue
09-05-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by A.T.S
I am not trying to disrespect anyone!! The reason that I was not satisfied with Miscue's response was because my question was not specific enough. That is why I tried to clarify my situation and the question. I have listened to every reply. (In Dayspring's reply I missed the part about the Re designed airflow oops!!! However that does not mean that the Z-valve design is not reactive.) So far I have learned that people do not like them I still want to know why people do not like them. I would like a logical explanation of why they do, or do not work. Or an account of someone using one. I realize that you are trying to help me I just think that I have been failing to communicate clearly.

I've written pages and pages and pages of what I think about the Z-Valve for the past two years. I've answered this question approximate 286.3 times... and it's not a quick answer. Many of these posts are easily searchable.

Bottom line is... I'm not going to try to convince you that you should tie your shoes and not run with scissors.

Ok, maybe one more time.

Z-Valve is not quality. Their tolerances are shotty. If you are lucky, you can find one that doesn't act up. Problems include: Leaking, shootdown, failure to fire, firing more than one ball per pull, and my personal favorite: firing after sitting on a table for a few minutes with the safety on. After fighting with getting one particular Z-Valve to work in a gun (like usual), I gave up after it was becoming a safety issue.

A lot of the problems involve the pin being an incorrect length (not the only problem), which you will not run into when using an untampered AGD part.

AGD techs have bags of these things that they have pulled out to fix broken guns... that should say something.

Sure, some Z-Valves work 'ok' (otherwise they would not sell at all right?!). You have a lightened trigger pull due to the tapered pin, nothing magic about it. The 'Retro-like reactivity' is a joke really. Even if the dang thing 'works,' you're more likely to shortstroke and do all sorts of stuff like that. You know what... it's not worth it... not a significant improvement IMO. Use that money towards a RetroValve and you will be WAY happier.

287.3 times and counting. :)

Dayspring
09-05-2002, 11:48 AM
Maybe he'll listen to you as opposed to the 2 pages of people telling him the same thing.

It's his $ though and far be it from me to tell him how to spend it wisely (unless asked for advice). Oh wait....

A.T.S
09-05-2002, 11:52 AM
Thank you Miscue

In the future I will try to do better searches before I ask a question.

Miscue
09-05-2002, 12:22 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3987&highlight=zvalve

Another old z-valve thread...

A.T.S
09-05-2002, 01:58 PM
Thank you Miscue