PDA

View Full Version : gone done and screwed it up

Sir Chopsalot
09-03-2002, 07:41 PM
well i seem to have screwed up the field strip screw hole threads somehow so the screw wont go in all the way, can someone give me advice on what i should do?

BajaBoy
09-03-2002, 08:06 PM
wait the hole as in.. the frame/rail? or valve?

Sir Chopsalot
09-03-2002, 08:51 PM
in the valve, the screw goes in about 2 and a half turns then stops

speedyejl
09-03-2002, 09:03 PM
Id contact AGD. Or you can find a larger thread size than the stock. then retap it and get a bigger screw

PyRo
09-04-2002, 11:18 AM
Probably needs to be retapped, I wouldn't mess with it, call AGD.

FrontMaG
09-06-2002, 08:42 AM
will it screw into your valve without the valve in your gun? I had a micro that had steel hose and the hose was a tiny bit to long and wouldnt let the valve in all the way so the screw would only go like half way in. but then i switched to macro line and cut to right length and it screwed in all the way. hope that helps ya

Thordic
09-06-2002, 08:52 AM
Sounds like you either cut the threading on the screw or the valve somehow.

If you don't see any marks on the screw's threads, its probably the valve. If you have a dental pick, you can run it along the threads and feel for the mark.

Sounds like you should send it back to AGD though, if you go changing screws and stuff you could mess up the tolerances.

The screw, along with the rail bushing, holds the valve in a specific location in respect to the body. Changing screws could throw this out of alignment, which will mess with the on/off and the bolt catching on the sear.

hitech
09-06-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Thordic
If you don't see any marks on the screw's threads, its probably the valve. If you have a dental pick, you can run it along the threads and feel for the mark.

If you find that it is the valve you can use a tap that is the SAME SIZE as the original threads to "clean up" the threads. You are NOT trying to cut new threads, just get rid of the burs. If you are not comfortable with doing that I wouldn't try. Send it in.

PyRo
09-06-2002, 05:19 PM
Just for the record its a 10-32 thread.

Sir Chopsalot
09-08-2002, 11:40 AM
thanks for all the advice, i dont exactly trust myself enough to try and redo the threads so i think im just going to send it in