PDA

View Full Version : Embarassing shatnerball storys

The-Z-Man
09-03-2002, 08:00 PM
About two insertion points after lunch time me and a bunch of other ppl went off to fort courage. We also brought the tank with us. When we ge to the frot a ref told us that there was a ceise fire going on. We heard a gun fight going down at the fort and we asked the ref what was going on. He said he didnt have a radio so he didnt know. So then we trudge back to the jungle of doom. So we start off running down a path and sitting in a 3foot deep trench. So we have some reds comming at us and we eliminate a few of them. But one of them told some others where we were and we got even more feds shootin at us. So i pull out one of the gernades i had in my tank holder in my pack. When i pulled it out the rubber band had come off a little so i decided to throw it. When i threw it it back fired and eliminated the group i was with.

Load SM5
09-03-2002, 08:09 PM
I busted my butt hard trying to charge into Bedlam out of the woods up that steep grass hill under fire. I fell right on my face and got lit up hard.

the123
09-03-2002, 08:51 PM
final battle--
POW POW POW POW i'm the FIRST one to the door at the northeast building. I had plastic cletes on and the concrete sidewalk was quite oily to say the least.
When I fell I blocked the door for a few seconds and i'm sure i'm responsable for someone taking a hit.
Not a big deal cuz we had a medic in there.
I got a huge bruise on my thigh and forearm and had to play a tourney the next day. :(

spazzed
09-03-2002, 10:05 PM
I took a wicked spill on the gravel in the front of bedlam, right near the insertion point... I was running, kinda on the side of the one of the two big holes/drainage ditches & next thing I know, SMACK! Didn't hurt, but my hopper fell off :o

Sure do wish I had some sandpaper. :-/

AGD
09-04-2002, 12:27 AM
Its the last grand battle in the towns at the end. I am hiding behind the buildings getting some shots off at the Klingons when my gun stops shooting. I start fooling around with it and it shoots once more. I am thinking I have bolt stick, so in front of everyone I'm banging the new CnC against the wall trying to get it to shoot. After several minutes of this I finally discovered I was OUT OF AIR!! LOL shows what my years of experience are good for! The L10 just stopped, not used to it yet.

AGD

InfinatyBPS
09-04-2002, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by AGD
Its the last grand battle in the towns at the end. I am hiding behind the buildings getting some shots off at the Klingons when my gun stops shooting. I start fooling around with it and it shoots once more. I am thinking I have bolt stick, so in front of everyone I'm banging the new CnC against the wall trying to get it to shoot. After several minutes of this I finally discovered I was OUT OF AIR!! LOL shows what my years of experience are good for! The L10 just stopped, not used to it yet.

AGD

LOLROF Hahahaha, thats great. Its like seeing bill gates, smacking around a PC saying, POS!!! Then saying, oh crap, its not plugged in.

Riotz
09-04-2002, 04:07 AM
Well let's see. It was the beginning of the day. The Borg just took Bedlam from the federation. We were pushing them back fast through Armageddon. I was with a small group, capo, mango, and havoc. Havoc takes off, that leaves just the 3 of us. There were some Federation on top of the hill past Armageddon. I told capo and mango to follow me, then I take off and ran up the hill. I started to shoot the newbies. I look back and I was all alone. hehe. I did manage to take out 6-7 people before I ran out of AIR. Could only get fills to 2000 PSI.

warpfeedmod
09-04-2002, 07:01 AM
I was running around near Fort Courage somewhere around mid-day. We were trying to take the fort back after our Klingon alliance just ended. We were coming up the path from the temple and whoever was in front of me when I tripped, I'm sorry I lit you up :p

bricsmi
09-04-2002, 07:29 AM
I ran into 2 cars on the field. One in Bedlam and one in Armageddon. For the one in Bedlam not only did I hit the car but Timmy ran up behind me, slipped and kicked me in the A** which then pushed me in front of the car so all of the Federation guys could see me.

Load SM5
09-04-2002, 07:38 AM
That paint slicked sidewalk claimed a lot of victims.

MagDog68
09-04-2002, 08:18 AM
Our troops had been whiped out in Armageddon and Bedlam and little action was going on at either field when me and about 5 other Borg tried to lay claim to the town and advance to Armageddon.

As we approached the hill dividing the two fields we hear a loud music coming from the other side. Cautiously scaling the hill we come face to face with the "Runabout" feddy tank climbing the hill -- you have never seen 5 fat men run so fast!

Needless to say that was joke fodder for the refs for the next few minutes...

~Fred

AGDJon
09-04-2002, 08:34 AM
Ahh my moments were in the charges.

First charge of the day:
I rally a whole bunch of borg members into following me for an assault on Bedlam. Keep in mind, there was a camera crew there filming us. Well, I was misinformed as to where the feds were waiting and needless to say, I led a borg unit to its impending doom

Last charge of the day:
I led the borg up the hill, hehehe, unfortunately, my lead fell short when I tripped and fell on top of the hill. I recovered bt am sure everyone behind me was laughing their butts off

hitech
09-04-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by AGDJon
Current members of Wang Force

So, I wanna some wang. How do I "join". BTW, I believe I know the secret of the wang!

shivors
09-04-2002, 01:37 PM
...I wasn't the only victem of slick sidewalks.

The final battle and half my team are playing pansy *** on the hill separating Bedlam and Armageddon. I manage to spray enough paint to get a seam and I rush the first building on the left of the field. As I started to slow down I started my skid. The term SMACK does not even come close to explaining the brutal contact between me and that wall. <sigh> Seeing as this was towards the end of the battle there was about 60 people watching me execute this wondrous maneuver.

On the flip side, I was able to slide out on my knees and take two before getting tagged. There was a camera man there filming it so I guess I am going to be a star!

Shivors
Spyder Xtra
Benchmark 2 finger w/job
Lapco Bigshot
Pure Energy preset

Drgnwyng
09-04-2002, 04:12 PM
well besides sliping and triping on everything in my way I was in Bedlam and the camras where on me rigt so I start shooting off to thes guys in the trees and I run out of air how sad on camra and eveything

soulegend
09-04-2002, 05:17 PM
I was running to make the insertion into Bedlam, and some guy was filming a low angle shot at everyone running to get there. I froze like a deer in headlights. What the hell was I thinking? I just felt a little dumb after that.

Fred
09-04-2002, 05:51 PM
In the Pump Tourney, I not only shot my own Teammate (DataPimp69?), but I BONUS BALLED HIM! :eek:

Then, in the next game, He shot Manike in the back!

...not the best day for the Assimilators...

spacemanspiff
09-04-2002, 05:56 PM
, my lead fell short when I tripped and fell on top of the hill. I recovered bt am sure everyone behind me was laughing their butts off

Boy you have some problems with hills. We were playing catch outside of the RedRoof waiting to go and Jon had this nice little tumble over the little hill that was there. :D Oh and that was the best charge/dive I ever saw what grace and power you have. I think the that MasterWang needs running lessons......:p :D

Load SM5
09-04-2002, 06:14 PM
Hills are like kryptonite to Master Wang.

spacemanspiff
09-04-2002, 06:33 PM
Hahahaha..........good one Load:D

AGDJon
09-05-2002, 10:45 AM
You guys are mean. No extra Wang next time I see you :)

Thordic
09-05-2002, 12:17 PM
Well, lets see...

I can't even count the number of times I fell over trying to run into or out of a building in Bedlam. Cleats + slimy wood floors = me on the ground. During the final battle I managed to come down pretty hard on my left leg, it swelled up pretty nice and hurt. At least until the notorious Wang Party.

Another good one was running onto the field, and going to take a test shot with JJ's emag. Nothing happens. Im checking to make sure its on, making sure there is air in the tank, etc. I see Hoover's blue pants, and ask him what the problem is.

His solution? Reach over and turn the safety off. Those damn safeties will get you ever time :rolleyes:

My best moment was on my FIRST game of the day. After finally getting out of the chrony station, I charge into Bedlam with tons of other Borg. We are plowing through into Armageddon, and I go to take cover in Armageddon. A piece of scrap metal catches my left pants leg, and turns my 4-year old paintball paints into chaps. The back of the leg ripped from the ankle to the, uhm, something else that begins with an A.

I played on like that for the majority of the day, finally giving in and buying some cheapo uncomfortable cargo pants and changing in the middle of the parking lot.

I got plenty of comments about my pants that day :)

So to everyone on my team, the saga of my pants is now over. There will be no more patching, no more sewing, those pants are finally retired and resting in a landfill somewhere in Illinois.

Dayspring
09-05-2002, 12:25 PM
I'm almost afraid to ask about the "Wang." I guess you'll just have to come out to another AO day and do a presentation of/on Wang. :D

Muzikman
09-05-2002, 03:34 PM
Hmm..let see...I always seem to make an arse out of myself...but the one time that really sticks out is when I knocked Manike's beer on the ground at Gambit's house and got everyone in a 10' radius soaked in beer. Then Manike comes back for his beer to find it almost entirely empty and couldn't figure out where it all went. (Yes Simon, your beer does evaporate).

Mike Smith
09-05-2002, 06:57 PM
This wasn't embarrassing, but it was frustrating.

When the game began, a bunch of us Texans headed for the back tape, some ran and the sane ones (me) jogged. We had a good push going, but our point people were getting eliminated. Eventually, it was my turn for point. I did pretty good for a while but, while I was leaning forward behind a tree, a single paintball found my player's badge and broke on it. :(

That badge was dangling about half-way between my body and the tree. There was no medic available, so it was a long walk back to the hospital/insertion point.

LaW
09-06-2002, 10:02 PM
Being a ref I got to see a lot of teh funney!! One of the most memorable moments was early on during one of the klingons reinsertions. Just as they were reinserting about 50+ klingons, a bunch of dead klingons were walking toward the klingon camp and in that group included mancow and the camera cart. Well the whole reinsertion started charging mancow and their own teammates markers ablazing!!! Mancow and company ran away under fire from their own team!!! I thought that was just great.