PDA

View Full Version : small lvl 10 leak

Punkerx2
09-03-2002, 11:57 PM
hey everyone i got my new level 10 today!! whohoo! but it has one small problem... when im shooting sometimes it will start leaking but then it will stop... ill be like bam bam ssbamssbamSSSSbamsss bam bam and after a few shots it will stop.. and then later it will do it again.. it leaks down the barrel and i dont have a chrony so i dont know if im shooting hot or if i can turn my velocity up or if the velocity even has anything to do with it... i used the medium spring and the carrier with one slot if that has anythign to do with anything...any idea? but other than that small little problem i love it!

hehe forgot to say im out of air so i couldnt test it to see if it works when someone figures out the problem.. thanks in advance!

Dayspring
09-04-2002, 12:27 AM
Try the next smaller carrier. I think they make a .5 carrier and that may work for you.

Kevmag
09-04-2002, 12:33 AM
I have the same exact problem. An occassional, small leak often after I fire a string of paint. The leak usually stops after I fire a few more shots.

I've removed shims with no effect. I believe the next step should be a change to the next lower carrier (1.5 for me, I believe). I'll let you know how it goes when I get a chance to make a switch.

BlackVCG
09-04-2002, 12:39 AM
Typically a sporadic leak means you have one too many shims installed. It could be you need to go down a carrier size, but try removing a shim first. If that doesn't work, then go down a carrier size. If you get problems with the gun not shooting after it's sat for awhile, then replace the o-ring with a new one (they're all just a bit different). Find one that works right and leave it alone.

Restola
09-04-2002, 08:16 AM
For me it was also fixed by the next smallest carrier (I ran my lvl10 with no shims)

Glenn0586
09-04-2002, 09:26 AM
I was having a similar lv 10 leak.

I am running the 1.0 carrier now, though I would like to use the 1.5. Unfortunatly, I do not have it. Its a long story. Anyway, what he told me to do was to use the 1.0 and the longest spring.

Maybe that can help you. Try switching your spring. And yes, velocity has something to do with it......at least mine did. Try messing with it and seeing what works.

Shirow
09-04-2002, 11:11 AM
I had to use the shortest spring to stop my leak, but I was leaking out of the valve.

Glenn0586
09-04-2002, 11:30 AM
I was leaking out of the barrel.

Punkerx2
09-04-2002, 07:19 PM
ok heres wut i think im gonna do... after i get my tank filled ill try going the next smaller carrier, if that doesnt work ill remove a shim (i have 2 right now), if that still doesnt work ill switch to the longest spring and hope for the best... if it doesnt solve it, next time i go to the field where theres a chrony hopefully ill be able to turn the velocity up and maybe that will solve it...