PDA

View Full Version : Really Important Emag/timmy

agdemagman69
09-04-2002, 07:03 PM
My friend is trying to decide whether to get an Emag, or a 2k2 timmy..... please vote in the poll and list reasons

Gitaroo Man
09-04-2002, 07:30 PM
i don't know about the emag cause i have never shot one but i have shot my friends GZ and the 2002 is probably the same or better. I absolutely love the timmy's...i would get one if i had the money

TRIAD
09-04-2002, 07:31 PM
Let's see

Timmy:

Antichop eye
Very light
Many trigger set screws
Vert feed w/removable feed neck so added feed necks including PTP Timmy warp adapter

Emag:
Lvl 10 is awesome (assuming you get it)
Much better for warp
Heavy(if you're a wuss:D )
Different "feel" to marker
Better for warping

Both have good customer service.

agdemagman69
09-04-2002, 07:57 PM
did they stop making sfl emags?

SlipknotX556
09-04-2002, 08:14 PM
No they didnt stop, but only 50 were made. More will be avabile at a later time. You might be able to find one used on ebay or here on AO or pbnation, but i dought it, most people love their SFL'S.

agdemagman69
09-04-2002, 08:57 PM
damn, i guess that means no body kit too...

Vern1
09-05-2002, 06:21 AM
Greetings,
Being a Timmi Tech, this may sound biased, but....
Insert this disclaimer: I haven't had a lot of experience with E-Mags, but I did get to shoot Capos and it was very nice and has me looking for one of the Extremes when they come out.
I have had and used Timmis for a little over two years and don't have much trouble with them. They are light, fast, reliable and easy to maintain and it normal for me to go months without chopping a ball shooting as fast as I can pull the trigger. I do get called at a lot of tourneys for shooting modes, but just hand the marker to the ref and tell them to wail on it. They just hand it back after a few or a lot of shots and shake their head.

Will I go completely one way or the other - NO!
I am a marker monger and own 6 Timmis, 2 Cockers, 3 Mags - no E-Mags - YET! and various other markers from low end to high end - NEVER had much respect for Angels.

The Level 10 has brought the Mags a new level of respect - a lot of folks know them as the "Stainless Blenders" but that is changing.

Would I buy another Timmi - well YES!
Would I buy a new Extreme - well YES!

Bottom line, try both if you can, find the one that fits your style of play and stick with it long enough to learn the marker. Don't get discouraged if it doesn't work perfectly - take the time to learn to fix it.
Something else to consider - If there is a really good Timmi or Mag tech in your area, that may sway your decision one way or the other.

I hope this helps and doesn't sound too one sided.

Whatever you choose, have fun with it and PLAY BALL!

Jack & Coke
09-05-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Vern1
...Will I go completely one way or the other - NO!
I am a marker monger and own 6 Timmis, 2 Cockers, 3 Mags - no E-Mags - YET! and various other markers from low end to high end - NEVER had much respect for Angels.

The Level 10 has brought the Mags a new level of respect - a lot of folks know them as the "Stainless Blenders" but that is changing.

Would I buy another Timmi - well YES!
Would I buy a new Extreme - well YES!

...Whatever you choose, have fun with it and PLAY BALL!

Amen brudda!http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

That's exactly how I feel.

Good post!

covadsucks
09-05-2002, 12:07 PM
I had a 2k2 Timmy and an Emag at the same time, hard decision on which I was to play with more...

Both are very nice markers. I just opted to get the first Emag a new owner so I have an excuse to buy a C&C Extreme when they are finally available in mass quantity.

I miss the Emag some, but then I get some new trinket for the Timmy and all is forgotten.

paintball8869
09-05-2002, 01:30 PM
personally, i like the intimidator more. It fits my style of play better than the emag. I just like the timmy trigger better.

However, the emag is a VERY good gun. Especially with the level 10. I installed the level 10 in a friend's mag and was simply amazed by it. The biggest improvement for a mag ever.

I cannot say which is better, just which is better for me. Both will not chop once you set them up correctly (assuming the emag has level 10). Both are able to handle more balls per second than you could ever shoot. The Intimidator might be easier to use as a beginner with teh LCD screen on it, but it might confuse some that the settings have to be adjusted via the dipswitches to save the settings (settings don't save through the buttons on the screen).

All in all, test them both out. See which one feels better to you. I don't think you'll be unhappy with either gun.

xmetal2001
09-05-2002, 09:33 PM
Pie???, O well. I guess you just have to get my honest reponse.:)

I've never actually shot a Timmy, but I have shot an Emag and its GREAT. I've heard timmy's shoot good too though. If you worried about customer support at all then go EMAG. AGD cant be beat in that category. LVL10 fixes the chopping problems too.

Personally, i would go Emag. But its up to you. Shoot both and see which one you like better.

Ultimator
09-06-2002, 05:42 PM
I've had the oppurtunity to shoot both an E-mag and 2 Timmys. Over-all the E-mag fit my playing style much more. I'm not partial to electronic triggers and I could shoot the Emag faster in Hybrid than I could in electric ... oh well. That all depends on your playing style.

FutureMagOwner
09-06-2002, 05:53 PM
my opinion is kinda biased seeing as how i have a mag that i love and in negotiation to get a gz timmy

all i can say is shoot both and see what feels better personally i love shooting my mag!!!!!! if i were rich i would buy every gun then sell the ones i dont like to shoot of course i cant do that seeing as how i make $40 a week so i shoot a bunch of guns at my field :)

agdemagman69
09-08-2002, 11:31 AM
he got an sfl emag