PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta AO meet this saturday?

personman
09-04-2002, 07:49 PM
I'll be going paintballing saturday, with or without AOers.
:) I'll probally go to georgia paintball 2.0, and thats in roswell. Here is a link to it http://www.gapaintball2.com/home.html
Its right next to brunswick bowling and startime and the roswell roller rink.
Paint is 80 per case of PMI premium, 200 for 500.
They have other kinds of paint too like big ball and marbaliser. They have 1 hyperball field there, thats pretty nice. Entry fee is 10 bux. Gun rental is 10 bux, mask rental is 5 bux, crappy BE harness rental is 5 bux (buy one new for 8 bux lmao) co2 tank rental is 5 bux with 1 free fill full rental includes mask, gun, co2 tank, crappy BE harness and barrel plug for 15 bux there open 10 am to 9 pm, I'll be there early, probally like 10-11 am

co2 fills is
3.5oz-7oz....................$2.00
9oz-12oz.....................$3.00
14oz-16oz...................$4.00
20oz...................... ......$5.00
24oz-28oz...................$6.00
n2 fills is 1 buck per 1k (3 dollars 3000 fill, 4.50 for 4500)
They charge tax so keep some extra change around
Minimum player age is 10, players under 18 must sign waiver with a guardians signature also

here is the waiver, you can download it
http://www.gapaintball2.com/gpb2waiver.PDF

thier website is http://www.gapaintball2.com/home.html

I dont know how long I'll be there, depends on how hot it is, and how my supply of money is doing.

They have pics of the field on the website.

contact me on AIM or just show up, I dont care, I'll be the 13 year old with the mag that looks like this
http://files.joako.com/DCP01268.JPG
I might be using my 10 inch barrel :)

Aim: YupItsBlue

I know this isnt much of a notice, but it isnt a big thing

magman007
09-04-2002, 07:59 PM
LOL GREAT MARKER STAND! put that lvl 7 bolt to good use...and those spare stock springs!

personman
09-04-2002, 08:04 PM
:) yup!

Actually I stopped using the springs because I was afraid they might get damaged, so I replaced the springs with a 9vt battery

personman
09-05-2002, 06:06 AM
up to the top

boomerfoxtrot
09-05-2002, 09:09 AM
I'll try to make it up there... I don't know if I'll play, but hey... it's almost as good watching.

I'll be the "moose" with the Z-Grip mag..

TigerMan
09-05-2002, 03:06 PM
I hope to make it as long as one of my parents will take me. I'll get to use my new toy, my Angel LCD. :D

personman
09-05-2002, 04:49 PM
Ok..
If you go you get a free pass to see the soon to be famous filming of:
PERSONMAN ATTEMPTING TO PLAY HYPERBALL WITH A TALON

I'm bringing my camera..
Other guns you might see me using there:
http://files.joako.com/DCP01277.jpg
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=350688
I hope I'm not alone! :D

xmetal2001
09-05-2002, 05:04 PM
Hmmm....I'm going friday. I'll try to go saturday instead, but i dont know if that'll work.

xmetal2001
09-05-2002, 07:32 PM
Yep, i'll be there, around 11 o'clock.

*I know i could edit, but im not*:)

davej946
09-06-2002, 12:50 PM
I'm heading over to Puddleglum's place to play on his private field Saturday. We met a couple weeks ago playing at Wildfire on a Friday night - he STOLE my squeegie (j/k). :D

He called me last night a personally invited me, very cool!

You guys have fun, wish I could go, but I can't afford to play 'commercial' paintball right now. Shout out to all Atlanta AOers!

Later ~ Dave

personman
09-06-2002, 02:32 PM
Wildfire is the devil.. whats with the cat litter anyway?
Ask the tech dude if he remembers the kid with the mag that shot him in the hand. lol that was me! lol
Im going to sleep early :)

personman
09-06-2002, 07:35 PM
I just fixed my gun, I diddnt set level 10 up properly the first time, turns out my spring was too long (mid size) anyway it works awesome now and you guys are going to see some level 10 action! (if you havent already ;) )
Im going to bed soon after I pack up all my gear.

boomerfoxtrot
09-07-2002, 04:50 PM
:)

I went.. I played.. I reffed.. I got shot :mad: .. I came home..

WHAAOOO

personman
09-07-2002, 04:59 PM
boomer you were that guy I talked to inside as I was leaving, right?
Too bad I couldnt stay long, I ran out of air :(
Sorry I missed you Tiger

Agh I got gogged 3 times..

boomerfoxtrot
09-07-2002, 05:04 PM
yup.. I was the one with the paintball junkie jersey on..

personman
09-07-2002, 05:32 PM
cool, I was there like an hour before anyone came, it sucked.. the guy in there offered to fill my tank anyway even though I diddnt have any money but my mom was already on the way and I was pretty tired so I said no..
I forgot to play that game with the talon! argh!
I had tons of fun though, That could be possibally the hardest I have played.. I was like the only mechanical gun, so I HAD to play hard.. oh yea there was a nice cocker there too.. :p
Let me see, everyone had atleast a 6 bps advantage over me, I was shooting like what, 6 bps.. I have no clue what the other guys were shooting, but still, I had to work hard..
there was one time where I saw a guy get out, so I run up to the L shaped bunker where I got this clear view of some guy, pop up, send two rounds flying at him, then pop pop, I get shot in the neck and chest.. DO'H someone was right beside me!

boomerfoxtrot
09-07-2002, 06:10 PM
haha..

I had a good time, but I doubt I'll go back anytime soon.
It's a hour drive... and the feild really isn't all that good. Everyone (for the most part) are really friendly there.

Sorry ya didn't get to play much. By about 3pm there had to been about 10 guys with rentals.... atleast! I didn't shoot to much though... I'm poor!-)

You'll have to get someone to bring you down here to our fields....

personman
09-07-2002, 06:21 PM
What field do you go to? Fat city?
Yeah the guys there are really nice.
I kind of like the field..
It easy to move on, plenty of bunkers and stuff.. I can easily get to the 50 off the break.. one on one though.. lol
Infact I did get to the 50 today, earlier in the day.

boomerfoxtrot
09-07-2002, 06:32 PM
I play at FatCity and DansLand...

Fatcity has a nice hyperball feild... Dan's Land is by far the best feild I've been too. Good feild, GREAT PRICE, great people, and great playing too....

I'll see if I can't get something set up end of October or early Nov for a "offical" AO meet day... I'll talk around and see if maybe I can get "free feild fee" or "free air" or something of that nature... I have about 20 free feild fee passes to the Wild Fire in Coyners...

I need to find out how many people might come out...

personman
09-07-2002, 06:35 PM
Cool..
Wild fire sucks :)

lol

I might possibally come out, you never know.. :)
Where is dansland? I figured out that fat city is waaay far away from me, but I have never heard of dansland

xmetal2001
09-07-2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by personman

there was one time where I saw a guy get out, so I run up to the L shaped bunker where I got this clear view of some guy, pop up, send two rounds flying at him, then pop pop, I get shot in the neck and chest.. DO'H someone was right beside me!

:D I came out the side of the standup and you just standing up in front of me shooting somewhere, easy shot.
(sorry about hitting u in the neck, i actually tried to make it as painless as possible)

personman
09-07-2002, 06:37 PM
!!!!!
THAT WAS YOU!?!?!!?!?!
OMG I SHOULD HAVE KILLED YOU RIGHT THEN AND THERE!

:D It diddnt hurt that much

boomerfoxtrot
09-07-2002, 06:39 PM
dan's land is down around FatCity... kinda.. it's that far south...

gotta go..... =]

TigerMan
09-07-2002, 09:34 PM
I was there. I didn't get to talk to any of the AO'ers though (I was with some friends who I hadn't been able to play with in a while so I got sidetracked). If you saw me, I was shooting the green and chrome LCD. I saw boomer and one other guy I know for sure. I think boomer was there when this was happening, but I really wanted to smack that bleach haired guy (99.9% sure this guy is an Amateur tourney player), he was really ticking me off (not directly). He thought he was it or something. To make a long story short, we did this 5 on like 20 game (keep in mind this field isn't very big and many of the bunkers aren't great for more than 1 person), and so this guy starts blabbing and such that we should all feel like losers or something for losing (most of the 20 were either rentals or young kids). I'm glad my friend at least shot the guy. I guess thats how he gets his highs though, by trying to be cool and whip on rec players or something. Anyways, besides him, it was a good day of play and hopefully next time I'll get to talk to some fellow AO'ers (sorry I didn't get to this time :( ) .

boomerfoxtrot
09-07-2002, 10:09 PM
I agree with you, and it wasn't even that he was all that good either. I mean, sure.. he'ld beat me, but if I remember right... he staied behind the screen untill I got hit blind side (happens when you play with rec players that don't tell you) He is a front player... and he was running his can .. that's for sure.

Then that **** he pulls jumping over a bunker, it's illegel to climb the bunker in nppl.. so he was playing something different there.

I guess you get alot of people like that. People who think there the ****, well.. I don't let it get to me. I have my own braggen rights.. but do I go running my mouth off... hell no.. it's people like him who make rec players not want to come back, either that ... or make their moms not want to bring them back. Me... I am friendly with everyone... newbie or not... and I don't trash talk on the field... that's for people who think are are more then they are. The reason he won most the games was because of the kid that was on his team all the time... anyway..... it was fun.... non the less..

personman
09-07-2002, 10:10 PM
yeah actually I think I saw you!
were you the one asking about the neck guard? I was the little kid covered in paint! lol

TigerMan
09-08-2002, 08:51 AM
Yeah that was me asking about the neck guard. I got one after I got shot right below my neck, so I didn't want anymore of those hickies and having to go to school with them.

I agree with you boomer with that guy wasn't very good for what he had. Right before that 5 on 20 game, I told the ref to split those two guys up, and he was until the bleach haired guy was like "fine I'm out if he's not on my team." So they did the 5 on 20 thing. Guess he was too scared or something. He didn't really move at all that much, he just basically shot a ton (which I think has a big effect on rec players, many newer players freak out when they hear paint pouding on the bunker). I'm glad though that guy fell when he did the jump (too bad it didn't effect his mouth). That guy isn't a good example of the players at that field, most of the people there are cool people, and willing to help newer players. I try to be helpful to newer players, even though the questions can get annoying when their all the same. :p After most people left, this kid who'd only played a few times before showed up. He liked to ask me a lot of questions, and he tagalonged with me a bit, but I was helpful with him, and I let him see my gear and all. I tried to help him on the field to, as I tried to get him over his fear of being alone on the field (everytime he was the last man left, he'd always give up), but that just takes time.

personman
09-08-2002, 10:35 AM
That was a fun day of paintball.. I played aggressivally but I dont think I actually got anyone lol
yeah lol Im going to have to wear a shirt with a coller BECAUSE OF XMETAL or else they will think im perverted and having sex at 13 :eek: Or I just wanted to look like im having sex to I bit myself real hard :eek:
I dont want a neckguard.. feels cheesy imo..
lol what the hell was that thing she pulled out of the cabinet when you asked if it was a neckguard?!!?
I was like ummmmm...

boomerfoxtrot
09-08-2002, 06:47 PM
hey personman..

are you going to go to the SC day? I know it's in nov... but still... I could always come meet your parents =] maybe see if that would work... just tryn' to get you up there.... let me know if I can do anything.

personman
09-08-2002, 06:54 PM
That would help, btw my friends birthday party was today and I made him a card and put your sig on it and he loved it! :) thanks lol
I'll ask.. Im trying to get up therre but my church is having this holiday festival the same day and my mom is working there, so its difficult..

boomerfoxtrot
09-08-2002, 06:59 PM
hahaha.. glad my sig is being used for something!!

:D