PDA

View Full Version : How fast is your rt?

A.T.S
09-04-2002, 09:43 PM
How fast is your rt?
What is your setup?
how fast is it with an input presser of 800psi?
What is the difference between the E-mag and the Extreme E-mag?

Sorry I failed at a search.

Thank you!

Dayspring
09-04-2002, 09:57 PM
A) It's as fast as you can pull the trigger. It's been computer pulled up to 26 bps.

B) RT Pro, Crossfire 68 Stub, 9v Revvy

C) See answer A.

D) Emag is stainless steel. Extreme is made from aluminum.

E) Can't believe you couldn't find this anywhere.

Mossman
09-04-2002, 10:00 PM
My RT - 10.5 bps off a preset crossfire tank (850 i think)
Retro valve, benchy 2x frame, thats all ya gotta know
Emag has a stainless steel tube body, its heavier, cheaper, doesnt have ACE and doesnt come stock with Lev. 10
Extreme has a aluminum anodized body, and the CnC is very nicely machined my manike ;)\

Also, the extreme takes cocker threads and emag takes (duh) Mag threads

thats all i've got now

shartley
09-04-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
A) It's as fast as you can pull the trigger. It's been computer pulled up to 26 bps.

B) RT Pro, Crossfire 68 Stub, 9v Revvy

C) See answer A.

D) Emag is stainless steel. Extreme is made from aluminum.

E) Can't believe you couldn't find this anywhere.
I believe you are confusing numbers…. The RT Valve can fire at 26BPS without shoot down. I don’t think that was “as fast” as it can be fired. ;) But being that no loader thus far can even FEED that fast it is pretty much a moot point. :D

But yes, the RT will fire as fast as you can pull the trigger, thus making the actual speed USER determined, not Marker limited.

My setup is a stock RT Pro (L7 bolt), Flatline 68/4500, 12V Revy w/Xboard, and I use about 950 input pressure….. very reactive but not “sweet spot” or “bounce”.

A.T.S
09-05-2002, 01:49 AM
My spelling is bad so my searching is pore. lol! Thank you for you replies. I had asumed that the retro valve allways had a "sweet spot." with the tippmann r/t all you have to do is squeez the triger and the rt does the rest the harder you squeez it the faster it shoots.(that is untill you squeez it so hard that it can not push your finger back)That is what I understand to be a "sweet spott". Is this how the retro valve works? or do you nead higher pressure input for that tipe of reaction?

Potatoboy
09-05-2002, 01:57 AM
Ahem.

AGD's official number of "26" is simply because that's how fast it fired in "runaway."

It's been proven that computer controled, or with a proper tuned marker and trigger, you can cycle at rates above 26 CPS (Cycles per Second)

A few members on the board are intimatley aware of this fact. I believe Tom also mentioned it in chat once that they weren't exactly sure how fast to say it was, and settled on 26 because at the time they knew it could go that fast, but were unsure how to make it faster.

If I am incorrect I'm sure someone will point that out.

shartley
09-05-2002, 06:41 AM
Again.. I don’t recall anyone saying 26 was in “runaway”, “full auto”, or anything else. Every time I saw 26 was from AGD themselves, and it looks like it has been changed. I remember them saying “26 BPS without shoot down”, but can’t find that. Again, I remember seeing it on their store like that.

Now it is only
Comes with the world famous RT valve system which undisputedly is the fastest recharging valve in the world! (26 bps capable)
On the E-Mag page. And

It features the world-renowned RT valve system which recharges faster than any human can pull the trigger (26 times a second).
on the RTP page.

I know it can do more than that because we have verified faster cycle rates here in the forums.

Again, I am not saying Tato is wrong, but I would like to see where it was actually posted that it was 26 BPS determined specifically because of “runaway” conditions as he stated:
AGD's official number of "26" is simply because that's how fast it fired in "runaway."
He does though state that it can go faster… which is very true. And again, don’t forget the “without shoot down” part. :D That is as important if not MORE than just reaching fast speeds.

(Added: Again, I would like to state that I am not “second guessing” him. I just don’t recall that ever being stated as such on AO… and I am on here a lot ;). And if it has, it would be nice to be able to use that as a verified reason for the 26BPS number. So a link to it actually being said like that would be much appreciated. I don’t like giving out wrong information. Thanks.)

1stdeadeye
09-05-2002, 09:43 AM
My set up is in my Sig. I had to add the Warp and Level 10 because I was outshooting my hopper and thus chopping alot of paint!

Seriously, It will fire as fast as you can pull that trigger. You will never be able to shoot it to it's fullest. Even the Emagnum Board can't shoot it to 26.

Thordic
09-05-2002, 09:52 AM
We had a conversation with Tom about this in Chicago this past weekend, and he said that they had tested it up to 26 BPS and used that number because they didn't think they'd ever need to go any higher.

He says that they believe it'll handle around 35 without shootdown, but they doubt it would make it over 40 without signs of shootdown.

So he hasn't tested the extreme high end of the RT valve so far because it still goes faster than anyone needs to shoot it. Even Butterfingers, going 30 BPS full auto, hasn't hit the upper limit.

That's the explanation that was given to us by Tom himself, or at least something close to what he said :)

Slapp
09-05-2002, 09:02 PM
ATS

I've not shot a tippman with a reactive trigger but it sounds like they function differently than the Retro valve trigger. In a retro the higher the input pressure into the valve the harder the trigger will kick back against your finger when the marker fires. The marker will not become more reactive the harder you pull the trigger. Therefore with a retro valve if you want to achieve the trigger "bounce point" that will make the marker fire in rapid sequence similar to full auto you need to apply a consistent pressure on the trigger hard enough to fire it but soft enough for the retro effect to kick it back after each shot. This type if firing would be hard on the marker internals and is not easy to maintain for more than short bursts especially because you are likely to be moving while playing paintball. The real benefit of the retro valve is not that it may give you the ability to shoot full auto for short bursts although it may do that from time to time if you practice with it. The real benefit is improved valve recharge rate meaning no shoot down. The feel of the trigger bounce is nice too but if you want to shoot fast it will come down to learning how to do it by practice to develop your skill more than any magic gizmo's will hand it to you. Good luck and if you do decide to get a retro I think you will be very happy with it.

A.T.S
09-05-2002, 09:16 PM
:)