PDA

View Full Version : Trouble unscrewing tank... a lil help?

joeyjoe367
09-05-2002, 02:25 AM
Ok, here's the deal,

I got an ACI BullDog 68/3k fiber wrapped tank, and for the most part, it's fine, however There's one issue that I've been worried about.

Right now, it's screwing into a plain' ol stretch-z drop with an ACI elbow attatched to it. If you don't know what I'm talking about, It's just like the NWPP Spoon Drop, just without an on/off, and an angled bottomline instead.

So it works fine, however When It comes time to take the thing off, it takes a ton of elbow grease.

...I mean, a TON.

I can't remove the tank when It's got the Extreme Rage tank cover on it, the cover just slides around. I have to take the cover off, grip it with my bare hands, and rotate the gun around the tank.

Now, I had no problem with doing this, but the last time I took it off, the regulator started unscrewing from the tank

...with 1200 PSI left in the tank.

I quickly bled the tank, and now it's sitting in a cardboard box waiting for me to go to the pro-shop to have it loc-tited & wrenched down.

So what could be causing the problem? when I screw it in, it seems to go just fine, however once it's pressurized, it doesn't like to come off the ASA.

I don't have an on/off for this tank at the moment, and so tossing on a slide-check won't exactly work, I think I'm going to get one on there anyway, but that's aside the point.

anyone got ideas on what could be causing the problem?

lol, I AM turning the tank in the correct direction :p

PyRo
09-05-2002, 06:24 AM
Has it always been like that. The threads are probably messed up on either the tank or the asa. If you have an old Co2 tank or somthing around, why won't you see how that threads into it, and try your tank in another ASA to find out if the threads are what is doing it.

EnW
09-05-2002, 05:55 PM
I had a brand new CP on/off that would bind up on me.
My solution was to take it apart and put a little bit anti-sieze compound on the threads.

PyRo
09-05-2002, 08:05 PM
Good point, i just remembered that my step bro bought a new drop from the store and the tank wouldn't go on for anything. They just gave him a new one though.

joeyjoe367
09-05-2002, 10:36 PM
Hmm... 'thing is, it goes on and off just fine when there's no pressure in the tank/line.

could it be the o-ring moving around a bit and jamming in the threads?

Blazingace
09-06-2002, 03:37 PM
Most of the time it is the pressure in the lines that cause this to happen. If you try to take it off with more pressure in it, it probable gets harder to do. I suggest oiling the threads alittle and firing the gun as you screw off the tank, my friends cocker does the same thing. An On/Off would help out. It would allow you to close the tank and fire off the remaining air to remove the pressure holding the tank on.

fanera17
09-07-2002, 12:40 AM
joeyjoe367 is right...

I have the same tank and the same problem... Just make couple of shots at the same time when you unscrew the tank.