PDA

View Full Version : When will I get my RT back??

Hyanbul
09-05-2002, 07:22 AM
I sent my RT in to get it fixed up a bit here and there and I have been 3 weeks already!!! When will I get my RT back??!! The guy that I had it send it for me said that there is no one working at Airgun b/c they are working at some tournaments which I can't remember which ones he said, but how much longer will I be w/o my Mag and stuck w/my friend's Spyder?? :mad:

FactsOfLife
09-05-2002, 07:35 AM
here's an idea, instead of posting a useless rant on the forum, break out the calling card and CALL AGD...:rolleyes:

shartley
09-05-2002, 07:36 AM
Might they have been at Shatnerball? The most talked about event in the Paintball World at this moment?

This is actually no excuse for slow service, but it is an explanation. And a logical one at that.

Have you CALLED AGD? Their number is not hard to find. And if you have not called them first, or sent them an e-mail directly to ask about this, I consider these types of post very rude. But that is just me....

Hyanbul
09-05-2002, 08:39 AM
Jeez, I never thought I would tick people off w/this post. I've emailed them like a week ago, but no reply yet. Can't a guy express his feelings for not having his mag and playing w/a Spyder?? Come on, I would choose a Mag over Spyders anyday, and I'm sure anyone else would too. Shartley, I'm not ticked at AGD, just a little frustrated, and FactsofLife, you can call it a useless rant, but I'm just trying to get some info from others that have gone through the process before and see what they have to say, not negative replies.

shartley
09-05-2002, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Hyanbul
Jeez, I never thought I would tick people off w/this post. I've emailed them like a week ago, but no reply yet. Can't a guy express his feelings for not having his mag and playing w/a Spyder?? Come on, I would choose a Mag over Spyders anyday, and I'm sure anyone else would too. Shartley, I'm not ticked at AGD, just a little frustrated, and FactsofLife, you can call it a useless rant, but I'm just trying to get some info from others that have gone through the process before and see what they have to say, not negative replies.
I am not ticked off. ;)

You can not however blame anyone for thinking your post was rude when you did not even mention that you had already TRIED to contact them. Your second post clears up a couple points, but NONE of that information was said in your first one. :) We on AO try to deal with what is presented for information. We try not to draw any conclusions from the information, but take it at face value. If you go read your first post, you will clearly see that the responses were pretty correct for the information provided.

I would suggest shooting off another e-mail and/or giving them a call. I love the phone! It may not be the most recent form of communication, but I find it often to still be the BEST. ;)

Hope you get your marker back soon.

Thordic
09-05-2002, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by shartley
This is actually no excuse for slow service, but it is an explanation. And a logical one at that.

Excuse or no excuse, that's the way things are in the paintball world. It's not just AGD, but most paintball companies whose tech department shuts down for major events.

August is probably the WORST month to send your gun in to get fixed, because you have IAO and the Atlantic City NPPL events almost back to back. Granted, AGD wasn't at AC this year, but its still a busy month.

Major tournaments take precedence because thats where companies NEED to have a presence, and need to get their stuff out to the public.

Until paintball grows much bigger, the tech departments just aren't big enough to handle everything.

AGD even has their satellite techs, like Rob and Kayle, come out to major events to aid their normal tech guys but its still a heavy load at major events.

FactsOfLife
09-05-2002, 09:32 AM
I'm sorry, I will NEVER understand the mentality that drops a grand on marker and won't make a one dollar phone call.:rolleyes:

Thordic
09-05-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by FactsOfLife
I'm sorry, I will NEVER understand the mentality that drops a grand on marker and won't make a one dollar phone call.:rolleyes:

There's always that too :)

Hell, email is free.

cphilip
09-05-2002, 10:58 AM
...also been some computer down time there as well from what I hear. IAO and then right behind was Shatnerball...

Now not sure about this "guy you had send it for you" factor either. How did he send it? Slow rickshaw? Did he get an RA# before he sent it? You may have some issues there you need to check on...

Why don't you give Marica an email and ask her again. She will need your RA# that you sent it in on.

office@airgun.com

Hyanbul
09-05-2002, 12:45 PM
I had no problems sending it in at all, but isn't it pleasant to receive negative comments only trying to put me down?

cphilip
09-05-2002, 01:02 PM
Well gee! I was trying to help you.... :rolleyes:

SlipknotX556
09-05-2002, 02:11 PM
Phil only trys to help. :) Also call up the tech line and ask the status of your gun. I sent my emag in last friday, its in pieces on the table. They will tell you if it has been fixed, or if it was shipped out.

BajaBoy
09-05-2002, 02:19 PM
im not reading all of that.. just gotta add my comment.. did u put the RA on the box?

SlipknotX556
09-05-2002, 02:33 PM
If he didnt, AGD would just send his gun back to him. The RA number has to be printed CLEARLY on the outside of the box.

cphilip
09-05-2002, 02:42 PM
RA# on outside the box, and on a note inside describing the problem...

...and a comment how nice the techs are and how foxy the office ladies are is always is a good thing too! ...And some candy... and some cash and ... Omaha Steaks... :D

FutureMagOwner
09-05-2002, 03:21 PM
and who do we send these omaha steaks to? maybe to:
cphilip@itsnevergunnahappen.org :D :) ;) :p :eek: :o :cool:

magsRus
09-05-2002, 03:21 PM
it took them a month for my gun

magsRus
09-05-2002, 03:23 PM
Wait what am I saying... I sent it out august 3rd and its the 5th now so thats more then a month and they still havent shipped it out yet..their great nice people there just takes a while for parts I guess