PDA

View Full Version : I have heard that a retromag can fire as fast as you can pull the trigger But.....

A.T.S
09-05-2002, 04:13 PM
I thought it worked like the Tippmann Reactive trigger. Constant finger presser = multiple shots the harder the presser the faster it shoots. Will constant presser fire multiple shots on a retro mag like Tippmann or do you have to concentrate on each finger pull??? I ask this because I have heard that you have to turn up the input presser of the gun in order to achieve a "sweet spot" I assume that a "sweet spot" is multiple shots with constant finger presser.

Telefragged
09-05-2002, 04:32 PM
Sweet-spotting shouldn't be attempted on a ReTro Mag because it leads to excessive sear and bolt wear, and may cause other problems in the long run. The RT on a ReTro is not meant to work that way, it just pushes your finger back after the shot, making for quicker firing. Sweet-Spotting typically happens when the input pressure it set to high.

The Tippmann RT is designed to work that way, and while its fun to do, its typically illegal at most fields. Same goes for a sweet-spotted ReTro, it usually isn't allowed.

A.T.S
09-05-2002, 05:16 PM
I see. thank you ever so much for clearing that up!!!!

BlueMagRT
09-06-2002, 10:15 AM
thats funny i never new sweet spotting was not allowed at most fields. especially when the ref yells over to me at shatnerball and says "that's an RT right well you can use your rt trigger." basically telling me to sweet spot it already. :) i still have to fine tune my lev 10 to achieve sufficient bounce to sweet spot.

Glenn0586
09-06-2002, 10:32 AM
well whats the closest you can come to sweet spotting it w/o damaging the gun and sear like you said?
cause i have a retro minimag and i would love to get it to the point where i only have to "vibrate" my finger on the trigger to get it to shoot insanely fast.
*EDIT: forgot to mention.....i asked what was the closest you can come w/o damage.....but also, HOW do you do it.

TheTramp
09-06-2002, 10:32 AM
A gun that is easy to get into run-away mode (Retro or model 98) is not legal in tournaments. Most fields don't really care for normal rec play.

The Retro can be set up so it wont go into run-away mode and there is no way to change this on the field so it can be used in tournaments when as the model 98 can easly be altered on the field to run-away so it isn't allowed.