PDA

View Full Version : help about leak ??

doink
09-06-2002, 12:27 PM
Hi. Perhaps this is not a leak but I'll try to explain my problem.

I've just got a new intelliframe. I had the boo-yaah before and I don't want it anymore because of problems.

I got a 68 Automag classic with lvl 10 upgrade. I run it on a crossfire 3500 psi bottle. I have thrown away the boo-yaah and inserted the intelliframe. When I press the trigger with the safety on the marker starts to leak. When I let go it stops.

And when I shoot fast, sometimes it like doubleshoots once and then continue as normal.That's perhaps if I don't let the trigger go fully backwards before I fire again. I am used to the electric. I think it is something with the "thing" the trigger pushes backwards to make the gun fire. Perhaps it's a little bit to short or too long.

Perhaps this is normal but it never happens with the spyders/tippmann I've used so it can't be totally normal. There must be a little misconfigure there ...

If I shoot slow ( 1 bps ) and presses the trigger fully and let it go fully it works fine.

I hope you guys understand what the problem is ... I am not so good on the technical english language ... neither the automag technical =)

Thanx

Blazingace
09-06-2002, 03:27 PM
Hello, I will try to help if I can. The "thing" that the trigger presses against is the sear rod. With the gun gassed up you should have a small gap between the rod and the trigger 1/16th of an inch. If the sear is too long the trigger will press against it and start the fireing process. With the safety on and the sear rod too long the sear will move slightly and the gun might leak. With the gap built in it allows for a little play in the trigger so there is no leak. Try ti screw the sear rod in a little untill you have the right amount of gap with the gun gassed up.

athomas
09-06-2002, 03:40 PM
When you took the Boo-yah frame off and put the intelliframe on, did you also change the on/off assembly back to the original AGD on/off?

puckmaster
09-06-2002, 11:58 PM
I'm pretty sure its the triiger rod length. Turn it in a liitl bit and see if that fixes it. I had that happen to me.

doink
09-07-2002, 09:31 AM
Athomas: No I did not change anything else but the grip. But there's a new on/off thing in the lvl 10 upgrade isn't it ? When AGD fixed my gun it seemed like they changed it ... But that was before I got the intelliframe...

I turned the trigger rod lenght a little shorter and that works fine now. While pressing the trigger with safety on it don't leak anymore. But when I shoot fast it still comes a "tssssskkkk" sound sometimes and there is coming 2 balls out of the barrel at a very low speed. When I continue fireing, it works as normal. It just happen sometimes and is pretty annoying.... Do you know what tht could be ?

Mossman
09-07-2002, 10:42 AM
you're short stroking?

speedyejl
09-07-2002, 12:10 PM
Your shortstroking, or your nubbin needs adjusting. Probably short stroking

Blazingace
09-07-2002, 02:52 PM
Short stroking might be a problem. Check your nubbin. That prevents double feeding. Make sure you didn't turn the trigger rod in too far.

Spray Painter
09-07-2002, 08:19 PM
do they even make 3500 psi tanks

speedyejl
09-07-2002, 11:59 PM
yea fill your 4500 to 3500

doink
09-08-2002, 01:09 PM
I've tried to adjust the trigger alot.. I'm pretty sure the trigger rod is too far in when I press the trigger.

Short stroking... What do you mean by that ?
Is it if you press the trigger wrong ? too short or something ? Perhaps I'm doing that sometimes when I try to shoot really fast ... But no other guns I've tried make that leaky sound when I do so ....

And what is a nubbin ?

Spray painter: Hehehe ... Glad someone noticed...No it's not a 3500 PSI tank. Me and a friend talked about his new 4500 PSI tank and my mind slipped away .. of course its a 3000 PSI tank.

doink
09-08-2002, 01:21 PM
I'm pretty sure the trigger rod is NOT too far in when I press the trigger ... a mistake by me on the former reply

athomas
09-08-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by doink
Athomas: No I did not change anything else but the grip. But there's a new on/off thing in the lvl 10 upgrade isn't it ? When AGD fixed my gun it seemed like they changed it ... But that was before I got the intelliframe...

The level 10 does not come with a new on/off assembly. If you sent the gun into AGD, they probably put a new on/off in it to get it working properly.

Adjust your trigger rod so that there is about 1/16" between the rod and the back of the trigger when the gun is gassed and the trigger is forward.

The leak problem sounds like too many shims in the level 10 set-up. Try removing a shim or two from the power tube. This should fix your problem.