PDA

View Full Version : SFL or Xtreem?

RT pRo AuToMaG
09-06-2002, 06:01 PM
Should i get a SFL or an Xtreem, if i get the SFL i have a level 10 kit to put into it.

OnyX
09-06-2002, 06:07 PM
well all i can tell you is flip a coin and then decide cuz i love my sfl but wouldnt mind getting an extreme, so its just a matter of what looks good to you.;)

Load SM5
09-06-2002, 06:54 PM
SFL's get the level 10 upgrade for free so you can actually sell the one you have now. They also take a different sized bolt so you might experience a small buit of blowback with the one you have. Mostly it's about appearance.

openboater
09-06-2002, 07:09 PM
Look close, they aren't the same. The one thing my extreem has is the NO-RISE. The SFL has the straight tube that you have to put a plastic adapter on.

Extreem has neat on-off switch. Does the SFL have the switch or ugly plastic pin ?

Tom said somewhere that they recently re-routed the power wire in Xmag to make room for ACE. How is it done in the SFL since the SFL's are now a year old.

You probably can't go wrong with either, but there are slight differences that you might be happy / unhappy with.

Load SM5
09-06-2002, 08:02 PM
Yea you need an adapter, soes'nt have to be plastic. There are some nice aluminum ones out there. SFL breeches will be out soon

The plastic pin is'nt that ugly nor is it a big deal in my opinion.

My SFL came setup for the ACE and has the ACE settings on the board. Running some wire though the Extreem bodies is nothing and is a free upgrade.

Havoc_online
09-06-2002, 08:04 PM
the Extreme is lighter.

magman007
09-06-2002, 08:11 PM
hmmmm well, first off, this is one where i gotta steel Sams Job(may i call you that Mr. Hartley?) I wrote this thread about oh say....2 weeks ago? you might want to look it up, there was also another one a week ago.
I will retireve the threads just this once, but never again.

Personally, on the on off switch, i could care less, i like the pin, and the on off on the extremes is a little ghetto! oh well. Also, all sfls will be upgraded to the point of the extreme, minus the aluminum valve.

Personally i like the lok of the slf better, but i am going to spring for an extreme, mainly becasue i cannot get my hands on a sfl.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47863&highlight=SFL

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48317&highlight=SFL