PDA

View Full Version : Stripping Anno off a barrel..

Skoad
09-07-2002, 09:59 AM
I got a black AA freak tip and i found out a chrome looking one would look way better on my gun.

I have heard of people stripping the black off the aluminum freak backs but never someone who did it to a freak front.

Is there a way i can do it without ruining the inside of the barrel? Give me a shopping list of stuff i would need to take it off AND what to use to polish it to a shine

Mossman
09-07-2002, 10:10 AM
I wouldnt do it unless you had a way to polish the inside of the barrel

The surface of the inside of the freak backs doesnt matter, the ball never touches it and the insert is held by O-rings anyways.

Normal barrels and the freak front will probably give you worse accuracy because of the rough and not uniform surface after stripping. (its still relatively smooth, but its like a dull silver and a little rougher than polished finish)

Skoad
09-07-2002, 10:27 AM
yea i understand that

but i was wondering if there was a way to do the Drano method without having to dunk the tip in the lye solution, like maybe get a towel soaked in it and wrap it around the front, would that take it off?

magman007
09-07-2002, 11:11 AM
well, the ball doesnt touch the tip any ways, the tip is like .700 and the balls just float on through, i thonk you could lye it and be ok. now if it were a single piece, then i wouldnt do it

pito189
09-07-2002, 01:02 PM
You can do it. Just soak the entire tip. Use one of those big Redz squeegies in a drill, and polish it up real well. Or something else like that. I did one of my AA tips like that and its works just fine, and looks very good with my dranoed back.:)