PDA

View Full Version : help, classic valve is automatic

shinymag
09-07-2002, 02:09 PM
MY classic valve automag has become automatic and super sensitive in firing, since the installation of my new intelliframe. There is slight leak that sounds like it is coming from the on/off valve. If I even put the lightest pressure on the trigger it not only fires but fires and farts until I release. It fires when I gas it up, it even fires if I HIT THE SIDE OF THE GUN. I have a basic knowledge of how an automag operates, and I'm guessing my gun is older and has a longer sear length. Thus the on/off valve is always on, or is super sensitive.
-clasic valve #CF10813
-all stock ADG parts
-Eagle air 3000psi

Please correct or confirm my theory and help with how to fix this problem.

Havoc_online
09-07-2002, 02:24 PM
get your trigger rod length to 1.985in

shinymag
09-07-2002, 06:44 PM
So is mine too long or too short? How do I shorten it if it is too long? Or shall I just buy a new sear? --thanks

PyRo
09-07-2002, 10:24 PM
Your trigger rod could be too long. First, make sure with teh gun gassed up, that if you pull the trigger all the way foward, the sear rod doesn't hit it. If it does, its too long. Also, check out your on-off. It sounds like the pin could be in upside down. That little ball thing should point outward (twords teh ground when the marker is held normally). If you have an old style on-off, make sure teh top is in teh correct way, and be sure you have all the o-rings in the on-off, and they are in good shape. Also check for bolt and sear wear.