PDA

View Full Version : Matrix

freek133
09-07-2002, 02:29 PM
What do you guys think of this gun? The field I play at (paintball central) could just as easily be called "field of matrix users" I do like the gun, but cannot work the trigger worth crap.. I have been told I have retarded fingers on the matrix. But some of the people out there can rock that thing like no other. I was wondering if anybody has tested the limits of these guns? I was talking to my friend who has an lcd matrix and he said there was no restriction of fire on the lcd matricees. But when will the gun itself give in and start to shootdown? anybody know?

SirOssis
09-07-2002, 02:57 PM
The board on the LCD(or if you get the upgraded bolt from Aardvark) has a max setting of 22.2bps and the gun can shoot it fine as long as the tank can. Our whole team uses them and don't have a problem with shootdown. Hard evidence though I don't have

freek133
09-07-2002, 03:02 PM
How fast do you think you are shooting?

personman
09-07-2002, 03:06 PM
So, your basically shooting 22 balls, then chopping and shooting 1/5th of a paintball? :D

Ov3rmind
09-07-2002, 03:10 PM
Great performers, but I myself wouldn't buy one. I've heard of WAY too many reliability issues with them. If you have one and it works though, good for you! I also prefer my guns on the smaller side. I could put up with a Matrice's size, but I think it would annoy me a little.

FutureMagOwner
09-07-2002, 03:33 PM
lol person you cant chop very easy with a matrix either :)

and the matrix isnt that big compared to alot of high end guns in its range

i might be getting one for $450!!! and working and trinity reg and i think bolt kit :D

P4ULuk
09-07-2002, 03:57 PM
Had a go of an upgraded matrix, it's the only marker I've been able to 'walk' (two finger tap) with absolutley no effort/practice. So I thought superb, I'll put my HALO B on and really see the paint fly... nope, could only get a ball out of it when I slowed my firing rate down :confused: I believe this was down to dwell time!

Paul.
:D

rudy
09-07-2002, 08:30 PM
freek133 the matrix is an interesting gun it has the "accurac of a cocker and speed of an angel" and many people are switching too it and many more will. I own one and I am going to do some test on how fast I can get it going now that I have a morlock board. The thing I see is my matrix can fire fine with a forward dwell of 10 ms and that means it might have a cycle rate of 20 ms. which tourns out to be 50 cps. when I set up the morlock I can see if it can go lower perhaps 6 - 8 ms. and I have to see how far before It doesnt release all the air. The big advantage of the matrix is it is one of the lowest kick guns I have ever shot which helps people to walk the trigger and fire fast while also keeping the gun on target. this is cause it does not strike a valve or have sear resulting in a slower start in the cycle. it also only has one main moving part which is fairly light. the downfall of the matrix is the spool valve has quite a few working orings. they tend to wear out and can cause problems. It is also a heavier gun and kind of bulky. I personally use this gun as a backup to my main mag. I can fire faster with it and keep it on target better. however I am hoping the morlock will also bring my rate of fire up with the mag. Up untill now I have seen no hard evidence of how fast a matrix can go yet matrix owners believe its faster then anything. I am gonna find out fo sure though.

Ityl
09-07-2002, 08:35 PM
I think the reliability is a bunch of crap, my brother's has worked great with him doing nothing to it besides putting oil in it.

Awesome gun.

paintbattler
09-07-2002, 10:51 PM
thats one nice marker

K-villeplayer
09-08-2002, 06:07 PM
About the reliability, I do believe it does have some problems there. Not major, but with the o-ring wear and what-not. I go to the same field as Freek133, and it is full of Matcies (sp?). I stopped by the store before going to the field one day and while there, was asked to bring 4 bags of various o-rings for the matrix to the field. I don't know a lot about the gun, but 4 bags of o-rings is a bit much. It might just be because of the volume of people using them at Paintball Central (almost every other person lol)

Just my thoughts.

Andrew

SirOssis
09-08-2002, 09:08 PM
I've not had to change an o-ring since May and thats with a case just about every weekend. I did blow a few when I was first setting it up but once it was dialed in haven't had a problem with it. All I do is lube it up once a month

blnk162
09-09-2002, 11:38 AM
There were a few problems with reliability when the marker first came out 2 years ago. Now they are very very nice markers. Ive owned 2 and they are fasttttt.

The reason you could call your field the field of matrixes is it is traumas home field and Im pretty sure if some Amateur team around here won 5 straight nppls a lot of people would rock the guns they used. You shouldnt worry about problems with your matrix though especially at that field. If anything goes wrong just talk to riley or rob and theyll help you out.

freek133
09-09-2002, 02:31 PM
That is the best thing about central in my eyes... other than a great field, good customer service, and alot of products,... everything you buy from them has a lifetime free fixing deal!!!

Toxic Dave
09-10-2002, 08:37 AM
The LCD's keep track of the MROF the marker achieved, and there is a demo gun around the Gen-E Sports shop that has 20bps registered on it. Rich Telford from the Ironmen says he get around 22 with a halo B on his gun. So indeed Matrix's are capable of shooting reallllllly fast, really easy. And there are some mods coming out from this small, little, East Coast aftermarket company that will make it even easier to do so.

Dave/ Toxic Performance

billmi
09-10-2002, 09:19 AM
Cool Warp breech :-)

-Bill

Psycho Chicken
09-10-2002, 11:09 AM
I love my matrix: quiet, accurate, doesn't break paint, and fast as h***. Now i got my matrix before the level 10 can out and before the Extreme's though. Personaly i wouldn't trade it for anything, cept maybe a C&C extreme. But yes, they are gas hogs (even with the bolt kits), plan on at lest a 68/4500 for a front player and a 88/4500 for back. Also, some people don't like them because they are on the larger side of the fun spectrum.

Scorch
09-10-2002, 02:45 PM
I'm shooting a ShockTech Matrix right now. http://www.gravitypaintball.org/shocktrix3.jpg

I miss my cocker's very light weight and efficiency but the speed and smoothness (surprisingly its even smoother than my cocker) is a great lure. Both are nearly perfect over the chrono.

How did I get "introduced" to the matrix? A shocktech factory player shot out our whole team and we all had the same story... "I never heard the shots just saw them about 10' from my mask then green".

I love being able to rip 3-5 shots cross field and the recipient doesn't realize he's a target until the paint lands. :)

Reliability... I dunno about bad... The design is really simple. Getting the oring kit reminded me of my RT (sort of a warm and fuzzy). Sunday night I tore the whole thing down to body and parts... cleaned everything, lubed with "Matrix Muck" and put it back together. And! it works (actually a bit better than before). The only wear parts are orings. They are cheap... easy to replace and really don't wear that quickly.

Chopping... the first time I shot mine, I didn't have my HALO handy and used a TurboRev with Vortex impeller. The loader is very quick and I have seen few markers out shoot it on semi (without reactive triggers). I was skipping shots within 3-6 shots. The trix bolt simply bounces off the ball and keeps rocking. When I got my HALO (which I have since sold for an eVL2) on there, my team was exceedingly happy with the results.

Its a great marker.

Scorch

SirOssis
09-10-2002, 05:43 PM
ya not sure where we got the idea for that breech mod :D

and Toxic Dave, any word on what kind of mods might be coming from that small little company?

Shockerboy18
09-10-2002, 06:59 PM
i dont like the fact that theres a ton of o rings and if you dont greese them like every 5 games they leak but thats the only beef i have with them

SirOssis
09-10-2002, 07:05 PM
I only lube them up like once every 5-6 weeks... if that

athomas
09-10-2002, 07:21 PM
The matrix does rock. A friend of mine has one. I've fired it and can achieve a high rate of fire quite easily. He can make it sound like an automatic. I don't find that its bulky at all. I like the feel.

The one problem he has is that he has cracked two bolts in the past year. The third is on order to fix the gun right now. The service is good. He hasn't had to pay for a replacement bolt yet. They've covered it under warrantee.

Psycho Chicken
09-10-2002, 10:49 PM
Lemme see if i can get my gun on here.....