PDA

View Full Version : The *OFFICIAL* unbias car enthusiust thread!

FooTemps
09-07-2002, 08:17 PM
Ok, I've decided to make a car thread for unbias car enthusiusts... lol, so many car threads!

Does anybody know anything about the new GT40 that's going to be released sometime in the near future?

nic m85
09-07-2002, 09:32 PM
All I know about the new gt 40 is that it looks cool as hell and ford said its going to make the viper look like a joke.

It's nice to have a unbiased thread. I personally like just about anything that looks good and/or goes fast.

FooTemps
09-07-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by nic m85
All I know about the new gt 40 is that it looks cool as hell and ford said its going to make the viper look like a joke.

It's nice to have a unbiased thread. I personally like just about anything that looks good and/or goes fast.

Well, I have one car and driver article on it and one autoweek section on it... They said that saleen, roush, and lear are in a partnership with ford to build the GT40. Rouch does the powertrain, lear does the interior, UK-base Mayflower vehicle systems will build the aluminum bodies, and Saleen will actually build the car.

You know, the new GT40 and old GT40 don't actually look THAT different...

Well, since we're on the track of new American cars... Have you heard anything about the C6 corvette? I saw it in one of my car mags and it's hella ugly... Just hope they're going to change it...

Edit: I'm rereading the C&D article so I'll post more on it later.

FooTemps
09-07-2002, 10:32 PM
Hmmm... where do I start... hmmmm...

This article is kinda old and things have changed about it already but here it goes anyways.

I'm for sure that the new GT40 will have an aluminum space frame type body and will be probably around 500hp. I mean, the GT40's supposed to be able to beat the viper. Nothing on drivetrains and the engine info might be a little iffy now that roush is going to be building that part of the car. The article also said that the gt40 should be devoid of any high tech gadgets for performance, only good old fashion high performance parts. That means nothing like active diffs, electronic shocks, etc (those are the examples from the article). This thing is race worthy but Ford says it won't be putting it up in the ALMS since they have nothing to really prove. etc. etc. and so forth... lol

zvanut
09-08-2002, 09:22 AM
what about Pontiacs new GTO???

FooTemps
09-08-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by zvanut
what about Pontiacs new GTO???

oh damn, you mean i have to search through all of my 40 magazines to find info on the gto now!?!?! lol

Koosh
09-08-2002, 04:17 PM
Hehe... is it just me, or are all cars starting to look alike?

No really, take the 350z, audi TT, Honda S2000, the new GT0, the new Vette, and compare them against each other...

Of course, they don't look ALL alike, but there are STRONG similarites between them...

On a side note, I just saw a 350z driving, and it looks HELLA sweet... I WILL own one.... eventually...

rhetor22
09-08-2002, 05:00 PM
The new GTO?!?!?!

Why didn't i hear about this?

I agree the gt40 looks very very similiar to the old one. The old one looked real nice too ;)

350z, i have yet to see one, but i think they are sweet little cars.

FooTemps
09-08-2002, 07:12 PM
I hate how modern cars are so alike... I just hate it! All the companies need to seperate themselves from each other. I swear, jaguar has to use ford's parts bin, mazda uses ford's parts bin, etc... IT PISSES ME OFF! I WANT TO SEE INDIVIDUALITY BETWEEN COMPANIES! I mean, what ever happened to the days when car companies wanted a new sports car that was cool and innovated that actually required them to make NEW PARTS? Hell, Nissan uses the same engine in about 5 cars now! I loved the good ol vq30/35 before they put it in every car line they have! Maxima was the orgine car made to have the engine, then they put it in the altima, then they put it in the skyline(G35), then they put it in the 350Z. Can you say overused? Bah, it inspires me to start a company that would actually be unique... Not this overly conservative geometry design driven car industry.

FooTemps
09-08-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by TheFlamingKoosh
Hehe... is it just me, or are all cars starting to look alike?

No really, take the 350z, audi TT, Honda S2000, the new GT0, the new Vette, and compare them against each other...

Of course, they don't look ALL alike, but there are STRONG similarites between them...

On a side note, I just saw a 350z driving, and it looks HELLA sweet... I WILL own one.... eventually...

I hate the look of the new vette... it's a friggen 350z x-type hybrid... I have no clue what car designers are thinking these days... The 350Z needs to be tweaked a little bit more to get rid of the TT lookalike idea. The S2000 actually looks different from the GTO and Vette so I don't care about that... lol

::rant rant rant!::

I'm done with my ranting...

paintslinger
09-08-2002, 08:18 PM
also check out the new mk5 supra that should be out in 04'. u cant forget get about thee ole supra...yummmmm supra *drool*

Koosh
09-08-2002, 08:25 PM
Heh...

I own a Mk II supra... Can't wait for the new ones!

paintslinger
09-08-2002, 08:28 PM
once i turn 16 im getting a job so i can get a mk3...yum turbo...do u go to supraforums.com ?

FooTemps
09-08-2002, 08:39 PM
bah, the new supra and skyline I do not like! The skyline looks kinda ugly. The supra looks ok but it's still not up to my fancy. I hope they work on those designs more.

Koosh
09-08-2002, 08:41 PM
I do, but I hardly ever post there... I just like reading about their cars and such... But I did post a kill story with my Mk II! w00t!

hehe... I want a mkIII too... or better yet, just the 7m-GTE... that would make my supra about an extra 150 horses right there!

Have you seen what Norbie has done to his Mk II? He transplanted the 2jz-gte (Twin Turbo engine from the MK IV) into a mk II! it is Nucking Futs! He is still working on the car though...

paintslinger
09-08-2002, 08:43 PM
omg yes i have that is frickin crazy. i've seen pics and MAN is that mean looking...the weight of a mk2 with the power of an mk4. my god have mercy on our souls...but yea u should so do a 7mgte swap that would be so sick...my friend has a mk2 and he's got a friend with a wrecked mk3 and he might by the 7mgte off him and drop it in his mk2. but we gotta do more research first.

Koosh
09-08-2002, 09:02 PM
I would do it too, but I have certain *AHEM* legal *AHEM* issues I need to take care of first... they have priority, and cost more money than my car...

FooTemps
09-08-2002, 09:07 PM
lol... Am I the only AO'er who's going to buy on the supercheap side of toyota? lol... I'm looking to buy a Trueno (aka Hachi-Roku) and get a black top 20V AE111 engine for it... #1 reason for me to buy it... It's perferred by drift racers... I want to learn how to drift and be showy! lol

paintslinger
09-08-2002, 09:07 PM
lol OUCH...yea ur mk2 wont do much good if ur in jail...