PDA

View Full Version : My Faith, Respect and Love for my Mag/AGD has tripled while playing yesterday

Hemlock86
09-08-2002, 12:14 PM
Yesterday I got to use a friends Angel and another dudes cocker. The angel shot really fast, but it wasnt accurate at all. The balls were dropping to soon, I couldnt hit crap with it. With the cocker, I chopped a few times and I have no clue how. I pulled the trigger ALL the way back and it would even double load some times. I didnt like it at all. The barrel was really hard to clean too.
I have a fairly basic Automag 68 with HP tank and 12" boomstick. My gun shot 10 times better then either one of those two. My Mag is more Accurate and Consistant without a single break going through a case. My Mag made my day yesterday. Plus I played fairly well for being away for 2 months or so.
Yesterday basiclly 100% totally convinced me that I made the right choice with my marker selection and that Im never going to buy anything but AGD. I just need to save up for a retro and intelliframe....then Extreme next :D

I also let a few cocker owners use my Mag and they liked it alot. One guy even said he was considering getting one now! :D weeeeeeeeeee

Thanks AGD :)
Peace
Eddie K.

Havoc_online
09-08-2002, 01:53 PM
I believe it's safe to say that I'm locked on AGD products more than 95% of the ppl in the world;) but would'nt think it to be fair to judge a cocker or angel in general by one persons gun that was messing up. the Angel could of had a bad barrel/paint match and the cocker could of had a few issues as well. The only reason I say this is cause if I'm going to tell ppl not to judge a mag by one gun that chopped or leaked, it must be fair to say the same thing about other guns. All guns are great, I am very partial to mags though and the little extras they have to offer:) ...In any case, I'm glad you got some ppl to show some more respect to a 68 ;) keep up the good work!

If you think you like your mag now, wait till you get a Retro, Iframe, and level 10, warped! then, your talking prime set-up!

chrisj
09-08-2002, 02:06 PM
I really like mags, but the cocker barrel system is the easiest thing I have ever seen to clean. Pull the pin, pull the bolt, run a squeegee through the top of the gun and you're done. This lets you clean the bolt while you're at it.

Its a very nice feature, probably my favorite on a cocker.

Chris

Shirow
09-08-2002, 02:35 PM
Yeah, I love my mag too ;) It's really increased my accuracy, not having an electro trigger, intelliframe or a retro valve yet - my friends all have electronic triggers and they burn through paint like crazy, yet I eliminated 7 guys in a row yesterday with about 25 paintballs :) They weren't all newbs either! ;)

But yeah, I love my mag - it's so damn easy to take care of it, it works good (after I finally fixed the consistency problem) and as we all know, quality always shoots straight :)

MagmanLee
09-08-2002, 02:51 PM
Yestorday i wnet to the local field w/ my friends, there were 4 of us in all. I had my 68classic, a 68crossfire, and a 32* terminaltor barrel(cheap). My best friend had his bushmaster, an 68armagedon, and the stock barrel which shoots great w/ the field paint. My other friend had a spyder w/ an ELCD frame, 14" AA, and a 48crossfire. And the last guy has a stock 2k2 cocker, 32* whisper barrel(terriable imo), and a 48crossfire.
I played ok.....alright i got raped, which wasn't a surprise since i didn't play in about 3 and a half months. But the most memberable moment was when all at once: Bushmaster leaks from 2 locations, the LPR and the velocity adjuster, the spyder stops working right and velocity goes from almost rolling out to what look like(compared to ours)400fps, and the cocker's velocity suddenly drops and he can't unscrew the timing rod to set it again. LOL i was the only on that field with a gun that wasn't screwing up.:D

Hemlock86
09-08-2002, 04:21 PM
Since Ive had my mag(7 months or so), I havent had one major problem with it yet. Yesterday on the field I saw an Angel, 2 cockers(one new Dye Cocker) and a Bushmaster crapped out on people. All those markers are more expensive then mine and they didnt work well. Obsolete and I have NEVER had any problems at the field, we can always count on our Mags EVERY time! The guys at the field and shop joke and make fun of us for having mags(Calling us Canadians, and what not) but our reply is "Atleast my guns still works" or "How long have you been tinkering with that cocker?" hehehehehehe.

The Angel does have an awesome trigger feel, but it wasnt accurate at all compared to my mag. It could have been the paint...who knows. And I couldnt get the barrel clean very good while playing with the cocker after I short stroked it... I just love my mag and I cant wait to upgrade! :D

peace
Ed

Ov3rmind
09-08-2002, 05:36 PM
Guys, bashing other guns is starting to get really retarded. I have seen Mags go down as well, you do not have the superior gun to end all guns. If the accuracy was off with other guns, it's because of the paint/barrel match, or a bad reg causing inconsistancy. The Cocker chopping paint was probably because it wasn't timed right, which just shows the owner doesn't know what they should be doing.

I myself love Mags, they are great guns. However, I also like a few other guns as well. It just annoys me to see people patroling message boards telling everyone how all the higher priced guns are totally unreliable and can't shoot straight compared to their gun. It's starting to become the the Black Dragun forum over on PBNation.

It's fine to love the gun you own, most people do. However, its not fine to put down other guns to justify your purchase.

Hemlock86
09-08-2002, 06:06 PM
Im not bashing other guns... I somewhat liked the other guns. They just didnt perform as well as my Mag. The point of this thread wasnt to bash any guns. I was just stating that I respect my Mag/AGD more now. I appologize if it seemed like I was bashing, but I was just stating what happened yesterday. I didnt say cockers/angel suck...because they dont. I just prefer my Mag over anything else right now.

obsolete898
09-09-2002, 11:37 AM
He's not bashing other guns, he's just saying what happened. I've played with all the guns he's talking about and they're sweet(especially the dye ultralite). I think it was just a bad day for guns.

Although it is pretty funny to see everything else crapping out, except the mags.

However, its not fine to put down other guns to justify your purchase.

Good thing he didn't.:rolleyes:

Hemlock86
09-09-2002, 03:01 PM
YA!

Anyway... I Love my Mag!....Thats the bottom like :D

peace
Ed

Ov3rmind
09-09-2002, 05:22 PM
I guess I'll rephrase what I said a little: ZERO of what you said was wrong with the other guns, was not the guns fault. Let me explain:

but it wasnt accurate at all. The balls were dropping to soon, I couldnt hit crap with it.
In a nutshell, "the Angel has less range and accuracy than a Mag." Oh God, we all know the answer to this. I guess it's OK when someone says a gun has less range and accuracy than a Mag, but when someone says a Cocker has more range and accuracy than a Mag, this whole message board will jump on you.

With the cocker, I chopped a few times and I have no clue how. I pulled the trigger ALL the way back and it would even double load some times. I didnt like it at all. The barrel was really hard to clean too.
The user had the gun timed wrong. The other thing I find hard to believe is how in the name of God the barrel was hard to clean? Cockers are extremely easy to clean breaks out with. Just pull out the bolt, run a pull thru through, and you're set!

Mags still rock though.