PDA

View Full Version : 13bps upward INPUT NEEDED

Unregisterd
09-08-2002, 03:42 PM
Hey, im doing a science experiment and hopefullay this year I can make it more interesting. Many electro pneumatic marker manufacturers say that people can manually pull the trigger 13bps an upwards im going to be testing this theory. I will be testing this with an Impulse w/ hopefully a blade trigger ( "dad i need 25 bucks for science......"). If any one has a good idea for a method please share. I was thinking of timing myself and 4 or 5 others, male and females, trying to shoot a hopperfull of 60 paintballs in 5 seconds. Also do you consider fanning the trigger or walking "pulling". keep in mind this is testing the human finger reflexes not just paintball......and "people" ar considered average joes. Thanx

Thordic
09-08-2002, 03:50 PM
Don't rely on emptying a hopper.

Plus, an average person won't know how to pull the trigger at 13 BPS. It only comes with a lot of practice.

The best way to measure, however, is to record yourself dry-firing on your computer, and then cut off exactly one second, slow it down (I slow it down to 1/4th normal time) and then count how many shots your hear.

That's the best method, IMO.

alt01
09-08-2002, 04:04 PM
I would count both normal pulling and walking. Many people can walk over 13 bps. Some people can pull that fast but most people pulling at 13 bps are getting some of that from trigger bounce, not physically pulling the trigger 13 times.

Unregisterd
09-08-2002, 04:15 PM
Thordic i find it hard to believe that an inexperienced player has such bad reflexes that he/she wouldnt be able to pull a blade trigger shortened down 1mm or below close to 12 - 13 bps. However thanx for your method it would probably work much better than my first idea

nutz
09-08-2002, 05:02 PM
also, u need to test a wide range of trigger settings because on the impulse certain settings can get alot of trigger bounce and that can add like 2-3 bps to whats actually being done.

The best way to do it would be to use a few different electros and with a few different trigger settings for each and measuring by sound like thordic said

Mad_Cow_Midgetz
09-08-2002, 09:39 PM
i think the problem he will have is not having a standard -- all electropneumatic guns have different style trigger pulls- emag feels different than an angel, impulse different than a matrix, etc. I think a better experiment would be closed bolt versus open bolt... its been done before yes but that would be an overall better project (bythe way this is the kids bro, and that is my impulse he is talking about there, if this goes over well i get a free blade trigger! :) )

BlackVCG
09-09-2002, 01:55 AM
I believe it was at World Cup, but there was somebody there with a Shot Timer that was letting people see how fast they could shoot. You could pull your trigger any way you pleased, so long as it was in normal semi-mode. The fastest person was Chris Lasoya and he was somewhere right around 14cps.

The way I see it anymore with how people say how fast they're shooting if you take about 2-3cps off that ROF you'll know what they're really pulling. Until you actually get hard data, you have no idea what speeds you're pulling at and most everyone likes to exaggerate their ROF.

What's my point? Well all of these claims that most anyone can walk or do whatever they can to a trigger and get 12-13cps are just that.

Thordic
09-09-2002, 07:50 AM
Thanks Black :)

Mad_Cow_Midgetz
09-09-2002, 03:52 PM
darn you unregisTURD you have disgraced the family name!