PDA

View Full Version : SUPER Affordable Sup'Air

Remington
09-08-2002, 05:24 PM
Well, it's not really Sup'Air Bunkers buts its REALLY cheap and put a couple together or stand em up right and you got yourself a real cheap air bunker field! http://www.inflatablechairs.com/airsofa.html I shot some paintballs at a small inflatable chair today and guess what! The paint doesn't even break so you can use it as seconds. Here's some more good ones: http://www.portablebeds.com/airbedtwin.html

EsPo
09-08-2002, 05:29 PM
thats phat good idea

Remington
09-08-2002, 05:31 PM
I know I can't wait to buy some! It's gonna rock like what!

Gitaroo Man
09-08-2002, 05:39 PM
thats a sick idea....i wish i had a place for my own field

magman007
09-08-2002, 05:40 PM
hahaha thats a really good idea! take onwe of the love seats, stand it on end, and place duct tape and bunjey cords on em to hold em down!

davidb
09-08-2002, 05:44 PM
I could be totally wrong here, but I don't think that those would stand up very well to paintball hits.

Raptor3359
09-08-2002, 05:45 PM
lol thats not a bad idea, after a game u get tired u got a chair right there to sit in, lol

EsPo
09-08-2002, 05:48 PM
ya, will they stand up to hits, or will it pop, or fly away?

Aliens-8-MyDad
09-08-2002, 05:58 PM
well if u can sit on them im shure they can hold up

PaInTbAlLeR476
09-08-2002, 06:09 PM
they stand up to hits
when mine was taking up space in my room i took it out back and lit it up real good Nothign happened it would be fine...but i took a knife to it:)

Will Wood
09-08-2002, 06:53 PM
Just cover it in ducktape :) Then it will be indestructable!! MWAHahahhaa. Might be tought getting them grounded well, but it is a good idea nonetheless.

SaS
09-08-2002, 06:54 PM
how about close range hits?
someone snapshooting could shoot the bunker while their poping out

or hits while advancing to bunker the guy behind the bunker

duribility... but at that price, it would still be useful

Remington
09-08-2002, 07:14 PM
There SO durable paint just bounces right off it. I shot one from liek 15 feet and it almost nothing.

Mossman
09-08-2002, 07:17 PM
LMAO, u accidentally shoot it from behind the bunker....and u have to watch it slowly deflate while surrounded by 5 opponents....lol

paintslinger
09-08-2002, 07:59 PM
omg id so do that and cover them all with duck tape. now all i need is a field to put them on.

FordPrefect
09-08-2002, 09:06 PM
You can even get the chairs from Osco or something for about $2. Good idea!

magsRus
09-08-2002, 09:12 PM
finally old people can use the bunkers as seats

magman007
09-08-2002, 09:16 PM
I am so doing that when i get back to the states. i mean, one good summer out of em is all i could really ask for, i mean, it would be cheeper in the long run instead of paying field fees, and 100 dollar a case paint, i could play on my own field. each year if need be, i could replace the bunkers with the money i would save. Makes sence doesnt it?

*ArKfEaR*
09-08-2002, 09:25 PM
I dont really know how high they are. But they seem like really good lay down bunkers, never really thought of that gj man. Probably can use just regular long peices of wood or something as stand up and everything else as laydowns and such. And for keeping them down you can just get rope and wrap them around the whole thing then into the ground they go.

Its not Ultra air ball.... its Ultra Chair Ball by Remington :)

Gitaroo Man
09-08-2002, 09:38 PM
they are sweet as i said before.....how are you going to make them just stay there?...weights or just let them sit? also....you can see right through some of them...lol...

paintslinger
09-08-2002, 09:40 PM
hence the duck tape...makes them non see through...and u can always...duck tape them to a big rock/weight LOL

SaS
09-08-2002, 09:44 PM
could put one of those chairs on it's side

use two ... iron rods or wood stakes... something to anchor in the ground on either side of chair

then use duct tape or rope to wrap around all three items
that would hold up pretty good... might be able to get a stand up bunker out of it

paintslinger
09-08-2002, 09:47 PM
u can use the beds as stand up bunkers but they need a good support system.

Jacob
09-08-2002, 09:52 PM
So, is Kaiser Bob getting any ideas from this for the next AO tourney. Set up an inflatable lawn chair behind an inflatable chair? :D

AGD
09-08-2002, 11:12 PM
This is really interesting. If someone gets some report back here with pics. Even if they only last a few weeks they might be worth it.

AGD

Ov3rmind
09-09-2002, 12:45 AM
This sounds awesome if they hold up. I just want to find a good way to weight them down. We may see a new age of "Sup' Chair Ball"!

A feild with style: Intimidating Bunker (http://www.portablebeds.com/68903.html)

Dern
09-09-2002, 01:05 AM
I was checking out that web site and found this http://qualityinflatables.com/68548.html

That would be a good universal bunker- a laydown or maybe a standup.

FooTemps
09-09-2002, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Dern
I was checking out that web site and found this http://qualityinflatables.com/68548.html

That would be a good universal bunker- a laydown or maybe a standup.

you could turn them to stand up or you can stack them for huge bunkers... good idea! Still need to use the all important duct tape!

SaS
09-09-2002, 02:23 AM
you know those inflatable chairs

could have someone sit on one of them... that would weigh them done pretty good...

the only thing i would hurry about would be if the material would hold up to a close range hit (1' or less)
because i don't know about everyone else, but i sometimes start shooting before i clear my bunker...

having it covered with duct tape is a nice idea, it would really increase the duribility... i bet it would hold up after you do that

now i'm off to watch space ghost coast to coast

Remington
09-09-2002, 05:50 AM
I'm gonna try and order some this week and SHOULD get some pics up between now and next week. Thanks for all the great replys.
"Its not Ultra air ball.... its Ultra Chair Ball by Remington" :)

ogre55
09-09-2002, 10:08 AM
I remember a pick someone took from IAO with a ref at the end of the day lying down on an Air Ball bunker. Just put a few inflatables on the sides of a field and the refs could rest in style.

As for keeping the bunkers in place, try some rope/twine/bungee cord, use duct tape to keep the rope from sliding off the bunker, and some tent stakes to keep the things in the ground.

This is just theory mind you, but it sounds feasable.

Ogre

temps
09-09-2002, 12:13 PM
Wow! thats the best Idea for paintball since the mag! :D

Remington
09-09-2002, 01:19 PM
We should try and get a type of field like this to become common, like the black pipes are to hyperball and the Sup'Air bunkers are to speedball, plus they're so much less expensive.

TheTramp
09-09-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Remington
We should try and get a type of field like this to become common, like the black pipes are to hyperball and the Sup'Air bunkers are to speedball, plus they're so much less expensive.

I think this is a fun idea. It would be a perfect way to put together a quick field for team practice and such. Unfortunatly I don't think you'll ever see them at established fields due to the limited durability of these "bunkers."

Even covered with duck tape I don't think they would last very long. There is a reason Air ball fields are make the way they are.

With that said, I think they would last for at least 50 games (5 man). That would be enough for a small tournament (one set up with a bunch of friends ect.) or a bunch or rec games.

It could only cost a couple of hundred dollors to make a good field. If you charged $5 to play on the field you should be able to pay for all of it before they wore out. If they lasted longer that it took to get your money back you could just stop charging.

Remington
09-09-2002, 01:42 PM
Way to burst my bubble Tramp. Haha oh well. Your right it would be good for a small tourney or rec ball.

Strider
09-09-2002, 02:36 PM
"Theres one behind the Tweety, one in the sofa bed and one moving up towards the bugs!"

Hehe...

FalconGuy016
09-09-2002, 02:52 PM
fill them partially with sand.

Ov3rmind
09-09-2002, 04:01 PM
fill them partially with sand.
Now there's a good idea. The problem is, it would take a while to do, and you'd need a lot of sand. If you were willing to do it however, I think it would be sweet.

Remington
09-09-2002, 04:12 PM
Sand is a good idea but personally I don't think it'd be worth the timr. Think about it, you have to put sand there a 2/8" hole. Personally, I'd just fill a Zip-Lock bag with dirt/sand and tape it to the side of the inflatable.

angelKiller16
09-09-2002, 04:17 PM
the sand is a good idea but when you shoot it it will wobble around like punching dummy. So if you do the sand and the tent stakes idea it would be perfect. Assoon as i possibley can i'm goin to christmas tree shop to buy like 12 of these things to combine with my speedball/woods feld.

Every year, on the last day of school i have everyone over in my school who plays paintball or who wants to and can get a gun. I know what i'm goin to use for bunkers this year! last summer i had 25 people over playin pantball all at once!!!!! it was sophmores vs. freshmen. As fresmen we got beet most of the time but one game 6 of my friends ran to the right side and all of the remaining sophmores went after them (like 9), moving up and such. But me and the other freshmen went aoud some heavy brush that was like 4 feet thick and 65yrds long. We popped out in midfeild behing them and my friend hit like 5 of them before they turned aroud! they where shocked!! this year with the infatable chair bunkers my friends will love it!!

Python14
09-09-2002, 05:30 PM
LOL, This is so cool. I can build my own 3-mag Ultimate Air field for under a hundred bucks and all I need to get it going is a compressed air tank(already got one!) I'm seriously gonna get some of these. I mean you can't beat 8 bucks for a Standup bunker that should last a few months of hard play.

Remington
09-09-2002, 05:54 PM
It's official: My team is buying some of these and the total for all the bunkers were getting will be 217 with shipping which isn't too bad considering a Sup'Air Bunker costs that much. Plus it's a pretty big setup, maybe 12 bunkers. Nice size for a 3-man team. I'll try and post pics next week when we get em all set up.

Vern1
09-09-2002, 07:09 PM
Greetings,
How about a little water in there.
Pretty easy to put in with a hose with the end cut off.
Just stuff it in and put a few gallons in and you could be set.
They may roll off in the wind, tho.....
There have been mamy discussions of using transparent plastic sheets for fields - this goes even further.
And just think how much the lazy refs will like this....

Cool idea.
Sup Chair fields for everyone.....

Ov3rmind
09-09-2002, 08:36 PM
Water is also a great idea! If you can manage to get a hose to get water into these things, that would be great.

Dern
09-10-2002, 12:31 AM
Hmmmm... If you were gonna fill them with sand or dirt, then the AIR part of the game would be eliminated and you would have a hard bunker. Of course, it would be a really nice hard bunker :).

SaS
09-10-2002, 03:47 AM
player: "REF, CHECK HIM!!"

Ref: "He's Clean"

player: "that's because the water washed it off!!"

too much water on a hot day might be bad(evaporation bulding up internal pressure)... but it would have to be almost filled to make a difference

i can't believe nobody tried this before

Remington
09-10-2002, 05:34 AM
Well sadly, my team won't be getting them this week or next because 2 members are working on getting cockers and desperetly need the money. But, we will hopefully have them by the end of the month so I'll keep everyone posted. Also, if anyone else is planning on buying them: POST SOME PICS! And like Tom said a report on how well they work for a field.

angelKiller16
09-10-2002, 02:20 PM
i'm going to test it out on my purple clearish chair that i got and see how it goes. I mentioned it to my friends at school and they thought it was a halarius idea.

bond1313
09-10-2002, 11:33 PM
IT WORKS!!!!! I took my sisters purple chair out side when she was sleeping, i put about 10 galoons of water in it to hold it in place. When you blow them up do not blow them up all the way so there really tight. Leave the a little bit from full that way it absorbs the impact, but have enough air in it to stand up. I shot it a fed dozen times from 30 feet away and it bounced of every ball. I got up close to it about a inch away and the ball hit and bounced off. Out of 200 rounds only 5 broke on the chair. This is a great idea and will revolutionize the sport of pintball. When you buy them make sure you get the extra thick chairs at list 30mm thick.

bond1313
09-10-2002, 11:36 PM
I looked around at www.qualityinflatables.com and they have the best selection and best price i would buy them there. Plus they have different shape, chairs, sofas, stools, pillows, boat, beds, and animal shapes. The fields could be very interesting.

TheTramp
09-11-2002, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by bond1313
IT WORKS!!!!! I took my sisters purple chair out side when she was sleeping, i put about 10 galoons of water in it to hold it in place. When you blow them up do not blow them up all the way so there really tight. Leave the a little bit from full that way it absorbs the impact, but have enough air in it to stand up. I shot it a fed dozen times from 30 feet away and it bounced of every ball. I got up close to it about a inch away and the ball hit and bounced off. Out of 200 rounds only 5 broke on the chair. This is a great idea and will revolutionize the sport of pintball. When you buy them make sure you get the extra thick chairs at list 30mm thick.

This sounds very promising.

I wasn't trying to burst your bubble Remington. :) I was just saying that they would be temporary. I thought you kind of figured that anyway.

The idea of not completely inflating them sounds like the best way to increase their life-span.

bond1313
09-11-2002, 12:28 PM
Well the only bad thing about it was it takes forever for the water to drain out, but it does work.