PDA

View Full Version : new gas line idea!

Brendan
09-08-2002, 06:29 PM
well while having a bit of trouble getting my steel braided hose off my minimag's valve(even with my quick disconnect it is still a troublesome task) I came up with a really good idea/ really lame idea (depending on how you look at it). I have an old coiled remote lying around and I thought why not use it for a gas line between my vert adapter and my valve. It would be a lot easier to move around when paired with a quick disconnect, and since I use co2 100% of the time it would keep liquid out great! what I would do is cut the amount of remote line that I want and put the 1/8th fittings that hold the remote on back in place. If I do this would anyone know how to get the fittings off, and put them back on without them leaking? If that doesn't work then does anyone know if the remote line is the same diameter as macroline? I mean if it is I may be able to use macroline fittings. If you have done this, or have an idea or criticism then reply. Feedback is greatly appreciated!

Brendan Smith

Person
09-08-2002, 11:51 PM
Its been done bro. no you cant remove the fittings unless its something like macroline. It is a very good way to increas expansion of your co2 just looksa bit funny.

Brendan
09-09-2002, 05:51 AM
oh I think I've seen it done too. Got any idea how it was done? I don't care how it looks.

hitech
09-09-2002, 03:06 PM
You need a special tool to put the fittings back on.

Person
09-09-2002, 08:07 PM
You just need some steel hose fittings to screw it into your bottomline and valve. Np. maybe wrape it around your powerfeed or standard feed