PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help with glove sizes...

J
09-08-2002, 08:35 PM
I've been think about buying some gloves for a while and after today's day-o-paintball, I'd finally like to get some. Prolem is that I really can't try them on anywhere and as a plus, online has better prices. So if you got at least one hand and some gloves, you might be able to help. Now brand isn't really too much of an issue, but I do like those Raven Morphion gloves. Anyway I measured the diminsions of my hand and if you have a similar size hand and you got some nice-fitting gloves, please do tell. Thanks a lot.

Pointer:2 7/8in
Middle:3 1/8in
Ring:2 7/8in
Pinkey:2 1/2in
Thumb:2 1/2
Middle to wrist: 7 1/2
Palm:3 1/4

Hey I was bored, but these are about right...

Can_Opener
09-08-2002, 09:21 PM
I've got a pair of large JT Premier's that fit me just a little bit loose, and your fingers are just a little longer than mine (1/8" differences) so they should fit you pretty well.

vf-xx
09-08-2002, 09:21 PM
personally I just buy cheapo BE gloves from Walmart. They're fingerless, and armored. They hold up pretty well and cost under ten bux. Can't go wrong there!

magman007
09-08-2002, 09:31 PM
yes the cheepos are nice, personally i play with an armored glove on my fore hand, and none on my trigger hand. Either that or i dont use em at all. Remember the armored ones are a little harder to use. The jt/porphion stuff are really nice tho, i may just pick some up soon. You also should look into biking gloves, nice and flexible, and privide abou tthe same amount of protection.

lunchbox
09-09-2002, 07:44 AM
Raven Morphion gloves medium will fit snug on a large hand and large will fit snug on large hand and xl hand med fit xl hands but bind around the fingers at the finger cut offs. but the Morphion gloves are real real nice and worth every penny very well built gloves way better than my jt gloves.
oh and if you want to get your size go to any department store that sell gloves and slip on a pair and there ya go glove size discovered.

Shirow
09-09-2002, 09:21 AM
personally I just buy cheapo BE gloves from Walmart. They're fingerless, and armored.

Hehe, I use those too - I find it hard to pull the trigger fast with fingered gloves. Not sure if mine are BE but they are exactly what you are talking about.

vf-xx
09-09-2002, 02:10 PM
Not sure if mine are BE but they are exactly what you are talking about.

Well they're labled 2XS (IE too extreem)or something like that. They're BE tho.

Vanced
09-09-2002, 02:22 PM
My Advice on gloves is this:

Go to your local AutoParts Store... And look at the Mechanix Gloves. (Sears has a similar Craftsman Brand) They are cheeper than the Paintball brand gloves (other than BE) and they have a nice varity of colors, have an armored and non-armored. They are VERY high quality and well constructed. And for your issue, you can just open the snapped package and try um on to find your style of fit. And they have a very nice snug fit, perfect for paintball, because they are designed for very delicate work done by mechanics.

Hope this may help...

Vanced

Shirow
09-09-2002, 05:12 PM
Well they're labled 2XS (IE too extreem)or something like that. They're BE tho.

Mine say 'Pro-Line' on them, I think. No matter though, I use a revy so it's not like I'm not using other BE products ;)

J
09-09-2002, 05:33 PM
Cool thanks a lot, I just need some grip, I really don't care about the protection.

oh and if you want to get your size go to any department store that sell gloves and slip on a pair and there ya go glove size discovered.

Heh, I never thought there was an industrial standard, specially in paintball. But you're probably right...

Go to your local AutoParts Store... And look at the Mechanix Gloves.

I'll check these out.

Again, thanks a lot