PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS !

writeben
09-08-2002, 10:04 PM
I have been playing paintball for a few years, and I want to upgrade my paintball gun, preferrably to an Automag.
I am pretty competent in my knowledge, but have some questions....

All of my friends have High end markers like Intimadators, Ans 'Cockers, and such. Anyway I want to upgrade. I talked to them and together we decided maybe I should get a vertical feed 02 Autococker.... Why? I play a lot of rec ball, but I want a gun that would be awesome in recball, but at the same time If necesary, I would be able to use in a tourney if I chose to in the future. But then I realized that maybe I should get something that none of my other friends had. I saw the 68 Automag powerfeed. It looked stripped down, but I had only heard good things.
So I understand I would have to get Compressed air, and a hose kit, but would it be able to compete with my friends markers. I want something that none of them have.

1. Could it compete with the listed markers.
2. Is it reliable.
3. What upgrades should I get.
4. Thanks..

Mossman
09-08-2002, 10:09 PM
1. Not as fast as the markers you listed(timmy, as fast as cocker though, depends on ur finger though), but just as accurate and cheaper.
2. As reliable as any gun in existence. Will never go down when you need it. Get level 10...and you wont have any issues with chopping. My mag broke balls so i wish i had it.
3. Upgrades = Get Powerfeed. Faster, reduces ball bobble, and ability to shut off ball flow incase of barrel break or something.
Definately 12v Xboard, Richo, or Halo.
Level 10.
intelliframe
Barrel (Lapcos are nice, SP AA's are great)
Get it and see what you think needs work.
4. You're welcome

Gitaroo Man
09-08-2002, 10:12 PM
1. see above
2. see above
3. Intelli (sweet)
lvl 10..you need this!!
retro...shoot much faster..very nice
warp if you like it..depends
4. your welcome :D

magman007
09-08-2002, 10:12 PM
First off, WELCOME TO AO!

2nd off, mossman said everything i was going to

compressed air is not necessary, mags can run off of co2, but compressed air is nice. If you upgrade all that stuff, and stillw ant more, get a retrovalve. Retros are the fasrest recharging valve on the market, and the fastest marker in existence. believe it or not, a retro can be faster than an e-mag (e-mags are slowed by the hgeavy plunger in the solenoid)

also, by the time you upgrade all of this, you will have realized that you could have just gotten an e-mag or an rt pro, so also consider those 2 markers as options.

writeben
09-08-2002, 10:13 PM
I guess this may sound really stupid, but what is a level 10, and what does it have to do with chopping ball's. Thanks so much.

writeben
09-08-2002, 10:24 PM
Ok, I read about this level 10, That it is a "Superbolt", I guess that it is really awesome.

writeben
09-08-2002, 10:32 PM
So, you think that the RT pro is a possible alternative.
Xtremepaintball.com (awesome site, great prices) said it can do 25-26 balls a second with no measurable shootdown.
I was thinking...
300 for 68 automag pwr f
80.00 for 16 all American
motorized hopper
so 450, so is ...
560$, or 580 for polished internals really a price increase that I want to think about.

magman007
09-08-2002, 10:40 PM
i personally would think about it. FIrst off, it comes with an intelli frame. Also, the stock barrel i feel is superior to the all american, as it was designed by agd, for its product.

2nd off, it comes with a foregrip and hoses all set up. Thats a few bux there. Also, if you really want, you can get a vert feed. My rt pro was a vert feed and i loved it. If you add the level 10, you can turn it into a no rise (cutting the feed tube down short and fitting your hopper over top of it, then clamping it on with a hose clamp)

also, it comes with dye stickies on the intelliframe.

It has a site rail, one cosmetic thing i always liked.

It will be a contender for te timmies and the cockers, even more so than the stock mag. It is often called the electro killer. Also, it already has the retro valve, that is 200 you would spend to upgrade later on. it is really your decision, and you will be happy with either. IM just trying to save you a little money in the long run!

TransMan
09-08-2002, 10:44 PM
if you want a classic mag look at the TKO mags here http://www.actionvillage.com/paintball-guns-air-gun-designs-paintball-guns.html if you want a great deal look at the classified forums on AO ive seen some crazy prices on guns there.

writeben
09-08-2002, 10:53 PM
If anyone has more helpful comments keep posting...
You guys are so helpful, and have given me so much information in the last hour. Does Airgun Designs sell logo t-shirts, their logo is awesome.

writeben
09-08-2002, 10:56 PM
So whats up with those guns at http://www.actionvillage.com/paintball-guns-air-gun-designs-paintball-guns.html

The TKO Automags with powerfeed or standard feed, they look somewhat upgraded,, any thoughts. Im trying to narrow it down.

writeben
09-08-2002, 10:58 PM
I understand how the star warranty system works but some only have 1 star, is that a problem. What should the bolts lifetime be.

writeben
09-08-2002, 11:00 PM
The Classic includes a 68AUTOMAG 1 star A.I.R. Valve Assembly but does not include barrel, hose, air adapter. (PaintballGear.com has added these for you in this kit!)

So this means they have added what I need, and it could be shot out of the box?

09-08-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by writeben
1. Could it compete with the listed markers.
2. Is it reliable.
3. What upgrades should I get.
4. Thanks..

1. depnds on what you put on it. stock, no. upgraded, yes.
2. absolutly. simply put the most reliable high end gun on the market.
3. the best upgrades are made by agd. first though you need a motorized hopper and compressed air. after that a lx, barrel, foregrip, intelli (or if you like it and can find one, z grip), and a retro valve will all serve you well. stay away from non-agd aftermarket valve parts though.
4. np

Dern
09-08-2002, 11:27 PM
Hey writeben... I was in the same situation as you were a few weeks ago. I asked many of the same questions and then did some research on all the little upgrades that would be done on the powerfeed automag TKO compared to just buying an RT PRO. In the end, I concluded that it is much easier, less expensive (in the long run), and better looking if you get an RT PRO. It is 580 basically for the lowest price. I plan on getting one late this year (late fall to winter). I figured that to make it even cheaper I will use www.Paintball-online.com 's price beating guarantee thing... they beat prices by 105%. this would lower the price down to about 550, making the RT PRO an awesome deal. So anyways, I reccomend you get an rt pro (like I am) :D :D :D

Telefragged
09-08-2002, 11:35 PM
I'm also going to say something about the RT Pro. Having one, I'm naturally biased towards it, but as some of the other AO'ers have put it, its actually a better value in the long run, and come's stock with the best parts & upgrades AGD manufactures.

It comes stock with the Intelliframe, and even though its already been said, it kicks, and coupled with the RT's ReTro valve, there is the potential for a very high ROF.
Also come's with a comfy front grip, and NICE stock barrel imo. I also feel that its not half bad looking either :D

RTP's are more expensive at first, and they MUST be run on N2/HPA, CO2 will NOT work in a ReTro valve. They're a bit heavy, but nothing you couldn't get used to. Its your choice, and a normal Mag and an Intelliframe are a formidable couple, but, like I said, the RTP is a 'better' value in the long run.