PDA

View Full Version : L10 causing runaway

TheTramp
09-09-2002, 10:07 AM
My teamate's Retro Mag has uncontrolable runaway now that he's installed the L10. It was kind of cool to have a 15+ (at least) machine gun to play around with at practice (didn't always feed but it also didn't chop) but we play in tournaments and his Mag would never be legal now.

He has an older Flatline tank and tried turning down the input pressure with no effect. You simply can't pull the trigger without firing a string of 5-10 balls.

We need help getting his gun back to tournament legal specs before the next tournament. Any ideas?

hitech
09-09-2002, 12:27 PM
In general that sounds like a worn sear. Since you did replace the bolt I "guess" it's possible that the new bolt doesn't catch as well on the worn sear as the old one did. I'd look at the sear where it catches the bolt.

BlackVCG
09-09-2002, 12:40 PM
Make sure the rear field strip screw is fully tightened.

Magsrule3
09-09-2002, 06:10 PM
This was my mag-

The sear is perfect, its not worn at all. I know the feild strip screw was in cause I had adjusted my lvl 10 then retightened it after. I think my output pressure may be to high, and that my output gauge is off, cause its reading between 8-900psi's. I ll try lowering it again, but it is pretty cool being able to shoot 15bps without chopping even after my revvy died(wire came loose).

TheTramp
09-16-2002, 02:03 PM
Any other ideas?

hitech
09-16-2002, 02:55 PM
It's possible that the bolt is not returning all the way. Maybe the power tube tip is not seated all the way? What happens if you pull the trigger and hold it?

virus
09-16-2002, 06:53 PM
ya know this happened when i 1st put mine in my retro..... Fun and addicitive... isn't it :)

anyway it will go away... if not go down one spacer...

then again i run 1200psi into my valve =)

if it is still doing it when we have our AO day i will look at it... and i will try to remember exactly what i did to make it stop... though besides the carrier i lowered the input for a bit and then the more i used it i would just keep upping the input.... pretty much i'm back to where i started w/o going into run away =)

TheTramp
09-16-2002, 10:00 PM
I suggested going down a spacer but he said it wouldn't fire all the time then. It sounds to me like he needs to go down a spacer and then let the o-ring wear in. Thanks Virus, it sounds like you've probably got it right. I don't have the gun so it's sort of tough to try different things to fix it :) . We'll see how it's going on the 28th. See you there.

virus
09-17-2002, 11:29 AM
the only other thing i can think of if he dont want to go down to a smaller carrier.... would be to goto the next longer spring.... that should help get the bolt back a little quicker and let give the sear a bit more time to catch the bolt....