PDA

View Full Version : Viewloader/BE screw Tom Kaye

Dayspring
09-09-2002, 10:42 AM
I was taking a look through JT's website, and they mentioned having pics from Shatnerball. I click the link and it takes me to Viewloader's website. They have a few videos. And a few pics. Here's the rub- they mention Shatner and Mancow. NOWHERE do they mention Tom Kaye. They said "Shatner, Radio personality Mancow and 1,200 Federation, Borg and Kingon players."

Now, "Who lead the Borg?" one would ask.

Check for yourselves.

http://www.viewloader.com/article.asp?id=166

shivors
09-09-2002, 10:51 AM
Seems feeble.

Load SM5
09-09-2002, 10:52 AM
I'm not suprised. In order to know who Tom Kaye is you would have to know something about the sport and industry of paintball, something Brass Eagle proves over and over again that that don't have a clue about.

Now, squeezing every penny out of someone by pushing inferior products and not giving a flying poo about the customer...they have that nailed.

wyn1370
09-09-2002, 10:54 AM
this deserves a

cphilip
09-09-2002, 12:50 PM
Of interest in one of there "related stories" links...

...CPX owner Forest Brown promised that it had been so successful, there was no doubt they will host it again next year. The event wasn't just about Paintball, though, it was also about raising money for charity.

Me thinks he sounds pretty sure its coming back there? No doubt he says...

Kevmaster
09-09-2002, 12:51 PM
ive always been a supporter of BE. i do think that they should have given some props to Kaye, however who are the most famous to the general public: shattner and mancow.

56kSomeGuy
09-09-2002, 01:58 PM
While i don't think mancow is that famous. I still have no idea what channel his radio talkshow airs and have never heard one of them. The only info that I know about him is from AO. Shattner is kinda famous but I nevered liked star track.

Muzikman
09-09-2002, 02:53 PM
It's Star Trek, Star Track was a SNL spoof:)

rpm07
09-09-2002, 03:09 PM
I did not go, but was Tom using a Halo loader they did not want pictured?

Mango
09-09-2002, 04:49 PM
he did have a halo yes

ShooterJM
09-09-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by wyn1370
this deserves a

I heartily agree wyn! Good pic!:D

SaS
09-09-2002, 05:02 PM
the higher ups probably fear of something like this happening...

"who's Tom kaye?..."
"oh he's the president of AGD"
"oh what's AGD?"
"It's this other paintball companies'
"really, is their stuff any good?"
"oh no, not at all... nothing compared to BE"

If BE mentioned TK, then they could be advertising a competitor. An idea that probably popped in the heads of their executives, even though it was a charity event and shouldn't of mattered (you heard about what they did over the paint)

i don't know about everyone else, but i started with a BE marker(tigershark to be specific)... now I shoot a automag and will never go back to BE

Tron
09-09-2002, 10:17 PM
I think more people out West have heard of Tom and Shatner, and not mancow.

-Tron

Riotz
09-10-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by kevmaster
however who are the most famous to the general public: shattner and mancow. I did not know who mancow was till this thing... I did know who Tom Kaye was. :)

If this thing is at the same field next year. I don't think I'd go... Fields are nice, but they are run like poop.

ghideon
09-10-2002, 03:33 AM
Here in the San Francisco Bay Area Mancow was pretty a pretty popular radio host before he moved. The station itself was based in SF if I recall correctly. But this was what, 6 years ago or so?

Riotz
09-10-2002, 04:09 AM
Either way, he is still a Stern Copycat! :p

Dayspring
09-10-2002, 09:21 AM
I just think the main thing about it is that you give credit where credit is due. Tom busted his rump for this event and he doesn't even get credit for it. They may not love ya Tom, be we do!

hitech
09-10-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by ghideon
Here in the San Francisco Bay Area Mancow was pretty a pretty popular radio host before he moved.

Really. I hadn't heard of him until "Shatnerball".

ghideon
09-10-2002, 06:18 PM
I'm going back a couple of years, but this information should be correct. Mancow used to DJ and have a morning show on KYLD. Which is now Wild 94.9, but back then the freq was 107.7. This was sometime during my earlier high school years, around 92-93. The station was mainly hip-hop, and still is.