PDA

View Full Version : Castle Conquest XIV PURE PAINTBALL INSANITY Sept. 28

McDead
09-09-2002, 01:51 PM
Castle Conquest XIV PURE PAINTBALL INSANITY

If you like to shoot alot of paint or hide out and snipe people, then this game is for you. At EMR Paintball, they run this event twice a year and it is pure insanity.
The break up of the game is easy, there are 2 teams where there is 4 attackers to every defender. The attackers have to take over the whole castle and recover objects hidden around the castle to win. The attackers re-enter the game every 20 minutes and the defenders re-enter every 10 minutes.
Inside of the castle itself is over a acre and is surrounded by hills and a town. During the night they will be running games in the castle and the town which is lighted. There will also be a live band and a bonfire.
I have been to 2 of this event and it is insane. The game in April had over 800 players so there was alot of paint flying. The defenders started off the game with only 80 player against 700 attackers and we, defenders, held them off til they rest of the defenders got to the castle.
The staff and refs do a excellent job at the field. EMR has over 24 field where they have built 2 castles, a town, many speedball courts, a stockade and many more. In addition to this event EMR runs 2 26 hour MXS scenario games a year, The Quest for the Holy Grail, Hollow of Horror (Oct 26/27) and many more great games.
Free bunkhouse are provided for people who pre-pay and there are hotels minutes for the field if you are planning on spending the weekend.

Click here for more info on Castle Conquest XIV (http://www.emrpaintball.com/conquest.html) http://www.emrpaintball.com/images/title-main.gif
http://www.emrpaintball.com/images/logo-b.gif

Wheelman
09-09-2002, 05:44 PM
If someone stays in the bunkhouses, lemme know something. I belive it's the fifth or sixth one up on the left and easy to see, it's pink. It was dubbed th "Diva Bunkhouse" (Named by a guy we were bunking with while he was in a drunken stupor) Myself and Dansim left our mark there at CCQX in '00. in there are the names DR. Evil and Major Glory (our old nicknames) and our team at the time Wounded Ducks. Someone tell me if these "cave paintings" are still there. And Blue if you read this, Sorry about the graffiti; we were a lot intoxicated that night (but who wasn't).

P.S. If you do stay in there, don't sleep near the bunk that says MiniMe on it, That was a friend of ours, he got very sick that night all over the place (but we told him thats what he gets for eating paintballs and chrono tape:D ) Now that I think of it I have pics of that somewhere.

McDead
09-09-2002, 07:04 PM
I was in that bunk a few games back and I didnt remember seeing those names written on the bunks lol but I will look again in a few weeks.

Jerhew
09-10-2002, 12:27 AM
i've stayed in that bunk
i don't really remember if i seen those names or not
i know there is more since '00

dansim
09-10-2002, 07:35 AM
could you try to find my structure hat?