PDA

View Full Version : RRR, Trading card games and school- anyone else have this problem??

personman
09-09-2002, 03:20 PM
I know its more of a kid thing, but every person in my grade besides 3 people ( me, this other guy and the girl ) They all go around going like omg my blue eyes are ultimate... Im like whatever.. I mean even my friend who me and him used to make fun of the cards has started playing!
MY SCHOOL FRIENDS ARE DEVOURED BY PIECES OF CARDBOARD!!
I went up to my friend and asked him if he would rather have 100 paintballs or 14 pieces of cardboard.. he said the 14 pieces of cardboard.. its sad..
I mean I hate these games I think the one they are into is called u ge oh or someithng I call it lugee oh lololol
I'm going to eventually take a pic of a lugee, print it out and label it the 'ultimate lugee' that can do 10000000 damage and slip it in everyone's locker.. :D

Who else hates these things?
I personally cant wait until their banned, then we can have intellegent conversations, or at least something that has to do with something other than blue eyes

land hurricane
09-09-2002, 03:31 PM
...what grade are you in?

FooTemps
09-09-2002, 04:00 PM
Ok, I'm lost... RRR? wtf kinda of trading card game is called RRR!?!?!

personman
09-09-2002, 04:07 PM
RRR, as in rrr as in GROWL :)
I'm in 8th..

FooTemps
09-09-2002, 04:18 PM
Oh... I thought it was R.R.R. lol

What's the name of the card game?

personman
09-09-2002, 04:19 PM
I think its like u ge oh or something
Its really annoying
They play pokemon too its so stupid..

FooTemps
09-09-2002, 04:24 PM
ohhh... yu gi oh... i know that show... i saw it in taiwan about 4 years ago

EsPo
09-09-2002, 05:25 PM
dude my 6 year old cuzin came up to me and showed me those cards. im seriously ashamed of any 8th grader who would even come close to those things.

Spray Painter
09-09-2002, 05:49 PM
EsPo- would you be ashamed of a 10th grader playing pokemon because i do...............NOT. and Personman you have some wierd friends.

EsPo
09-09-2002, 05:50 PM
spray, you scared the shat out of me.

HoppysMag
09-09-2002, 06:20 PM
kick all there buts!! i mean back in the day Pogs were big ( i donno when, some time between 1-4th grade) and me and a friend ocasionaly played starwars cards around 5-6th grade ( just cause we like starwars) but i was never into the whole card games ( excluding blackjack :D ) but anyway 8th grade is pushing it, i mean your like a year away from high school and you still play card games ( not u but ur friends)... tell them to have fun sitting at the "special" table at lunch in HS ;)

LawFox32
09-09-2002, 06:39 PM
just wait until highschool, if you are in public school, then there is no way that the game will last in high school, b/c all the upperclass men will haze them for it

FooTemps
09-09-2002, 07:57 PM
lol... i bet they (as in those yu gi oh players) would even go up to a brotha and ask if "you think you all G'ed up"... lol, some moron freshman did it to my friend so there's where i got the idea

actually, i didn't even know that card game existed... lol... I thought it was a TV show about card games that WOULDN'T actually have a card game... ::sigh:: soon there will be so many items on it... Super card holder delux triangular solar-holographic box! lol

FooTemps
09-09-2002, 08:01 PM
I forgot to post this and I don't want to edit again...

I took time outta my day to watch the show... It's... what should i call it... hmmm... a show that 8 year olds watch...

HoppysMag
09-09-2002, 08:14 PM
HA HA !!!
lol... i bet they (as in those yu gi oh players) would even go up to a brotha and ask if "you think you all G'ed up"... lol, some moron freshman did it to my friend so there's where i got the idea

a freshman did something like that to one of my bigger friends and my friend throgh the kid down the hall LITERALY!!! palmed the kids chest and through him with a straight thrust ( like a shotput)

paint king
09-09-2002, 08:16 PM
Dont worry about it. It should pass as fast as it came (Hopefully). Being a freshman myself i find no kids in my shcool playing any sort of card games anymore. Just dont worry about it and soon you will have back your intelligent conversation. Just wait and see!:) :) :)

wes
09-09-2002, 08:28 PM
"the" girl ROFL hahahahahahahahahahaha :D

get one of there card thigns and then get a match book and get by there locker and light the match and then lite the card and then stick it in there locker while its on fire and then if you dont get in trouble pull the fire alawrm and said somting like "omgomgogomgomgmogomg you set your locker on fire"

.... or...... dont do that :rolleyes:

FooTemps
09-09-2002, 08:29 PM
lol, my friend didn't throw the kid down the hall... at least I don't think so...

virus
09-09-2002, 08:40 PM
i never played these back when i was in school..... then again they weren't around when i was in school ecpt for MT:G but even that was still in the alpha/beta years and not well known......

you see the secret is to just play them online.... this way you can join the ld people like me that still play :rolleyes:

Ultimator
09-09-2002, 09:01 PM
I used to play Magic: The Gathering in 7th and 8th grade. Then I sold all my cards and got well over $200 for just the rares.

InfinatyBPS
09-09-2002, 10:26 PM
OMG, a couple years ago in middle school everyone was into all that Pokemon Crap, it was realy annoying. Everyone was all into it... I was soooo annoyd....

Jonneh
09-10-2002, 11:43 AM
Jigglypuff sings, you fall aleep... Jerk

Strider
09-10-2002, 01:19 PM
Yeh, they'll get over it by high school...

But then they'll play Magic The Gathering. :D

vf-xx
09-10-2002, 02:14 PM
personally I don't see anything wrong with it. Most of them will grow out of it soon enough.

I personally used to play MTG in middle-highschool. I've since stopped collecting the game, but I play occasionally.

On the other hand I recently picke up a new CCG. Game of Thrones, although I haven't read the book that it's based on yet, the game does look quite interesting.

land hurricane
09-10-2002, 03:31 PM
anyone here play the new card or miniture game 'lord of the rings'?

EsPo
09-10-2002, 05:32 PM
vfxx-MTG is a more adult oriented game, that is, if it is what i think it is..magic the gathering? this game is like pokemon wannabe.

Lone Wolf2
09-10-2002, 06:28 PM
I think that's piddiful for someone that age to play baby games like that.But if there gonna make any kind of card crap like that it should be about P-Ball.