PDA

View Full Version : Remember 9/11 -> everyone read!

AGDmagman2001
09-09-2002, 03:49 PM
Please join me and others on 9/11.....................!
On Wednesday, September 11, 2002 everyone in the USA who will be driving a motor vehicle is asked to drive with their headlights on during daylight hours.

Though no explanation is needed as to why we are
commemorating September 11...... we hope more
importantly to pay respect to the victims of that day,
show our nation's solidarity and show support for our
men and women of the Armed Forces.

Please show your support for USA
AGDmagman2001

pbstu
09-09-2002, 08:31 PM
"There have been many other victims in the year since 11 September. The verified death toll as a direct result of US and British bombing in Afghanistan is over 3,100, with many more victims still unaccounted for. Israeli troops have killed around 1,200 Palestinians since 11 September, including 11 last weekend, without any condemnation from the US. In the year since 11 September more than 40,000 Iraqi children will have died as a result of sanctions imposed after the US-led war on Iraq in 1991. And each day over the last year 19,000 children have died as a result of the debt burden.

Will you remember them all, in your tributes and minutes of silence on September the 11th? "

originally taken from adbusters.org forums.

stu

HoppysMag
09-09-2002, 08:38 PM
ok now this is gunna get political eventualy... i am fighting off the urge to argue with you pbstu.... so i will say this i will honor the TRUE victims of september 11th, and any other JUST man, woman or child who has died as a result...

AGDmagman2001
09-09-2002, 08:52 PM
I don't want to start an argument. I'm not even going to comment on what pbstu said. I got this in an email from a friend who was passing the word on. So instead of emailing the small number of people on my Email list, I decieded to post it here. I knew that hundreds, possibly thousands would see it before the 11th. Come on folks show your support for the JUST men, women and child who have died as a result of that day, almost a year ago.

I'll have my lights on!

HoppysMag
09-09-2002, 08:57 PM
I'll have my lights on!

i will make sure my ride does too... GOD BLESS THE USA:(

pbstu
09-09-2002, 09:10 PM
"40,000 Iraqi children"......are the children of the world, the only true innocents, not just?

dont worry hoppy, ill throw in an extra minute for you.

stu.

OnyX
09-09-2002, 09:42 PM
my lights will be on

Greg98
09-09-2002, 10:00 PM
isn't it the law in the USA for lights to be on during daytime?? it is here! well i'll make sure they're on for all the Americans and Canadians who have died as a result of sept 11th.

BlackHalo
09-09-2002, 10:58 PM
Hey Greg98,

They don't have daytime running lights mandatory in the US. Messed me up for a while when I moved up here. Where in Van are you from, I'm in N Van now.

Havoc_online
09-10-2002, 04:31 AM
Sorry but I have to rant a bit.

There have been many other victims in the year since 11 September. The verified death toll as a direct result of US and British bombing in Afghanistan is over 3,100, with many more victims still unaccounted for. Most if not all of those casualties were military casualties, not civilian casualties. Not only that, they were provoked, by non-military casualties on our part in close to equal numbers.
Israeli troops have killed around 1,200 Palestinians since 11 September, including 11 last weekend, without any condemnation from the US.Israeli is defending itself trying protect itself from future attack, it is also doing it's best to attack key targets rather than civilian targets. Again it's aggression was provoked by terrorist attacks on both military AND civilian targets.
In the year since 11 September more than 40,000 Iraqi children will have died as a result of sanctions imposed after the US-led war on Iraq in 1991.Those sanctions keep Saddam from making nuclear weapons and help keep the production of bio-chemical weapons to a minimum, weapons that he has used on his own population anyway and would most likely use against the United States and it's allies. Weapons that he has been assumed to of provided terrorists with who would also attack the United States and it's allies.
And each day over the last year 19,000 children have died as a result of the debt burdenI honestly don't even know what this pertains to.

You can bet that I'll have my lights on.

Hemlock86
09-10-2002, 06:11 AM
I have day-time running lights....my lights are on everyday :D

I was watching this show on HBO lastnight called "Telling Nicholas" It was about a father telling his 10 yo son and family his wife died on 9/11. It teared me up :(

peace
Ed

shartley
09-10-2002, 06:19 AM
Both Kim and I will be driving with our lights on.

And shame on you pbstu... (and I will leave it at that)

ntn4502
09-10-2002, 09:37 AM
Good ol day time running lights will be on,
and Pbstu, go live in Iraq if you want to take pitty on them

boomerfoxtrot
09-10-2002, 11:50 AM
I am going to give me views on the matter...

I come from a military back ground, and I have grown up with the abuse of the people of this nation on matters like this.

When will people wake up? When will people see that if we don't kill the enemy the enemy will kill us? Just like 9/11, just like the Gulf War, just like this war that we are about to get into with iraq...

I am American, and I stand behind any leader that is willing to stand up for her! I was we kill, YES KILL any and all who stand in our way.

9/11 would have never happened if Mr. Clinton wouldn't have been such a *****, and would have thought about the safty of our nation, instead he thought about HIMSELF, which I'm sad to say, most our leaders do. We had the chance to take Ben ********* out many times, we have had the chance to take out other leaders, but we don't because we are worried about being the bullies of the world.

America has done more then it should have to help out the countries we are at war with. Down in FL, the POWs eat better then the American Soldiers do! This is sick.

So what should we do? We should kick*** of anyone who stands in our way. anyone who threatens' our way of living.
We need the oil that comes from the Middle East, so why to do pay out the *** for it? We should own it! But America is to nice, we are just soft. But yet, everyone has this idea that America is the big bad bullie!

Why don't you think on that, or think ... how many Great American lives have to be given up before we understand. Maybe it will be you, I bet you will think on it now.

My prayers will be on the familys that lost someone on 9/11, on the familys who have lost, or have a family memeber fighting for America. God Bless them All.

Proud To be American!

my lights will be on.

Boomer, you are new so I am going to give you a reminder that challenging the curse filter is against the rules. Please comply. I know this is a sensitive subject so I am overlooking it this time - cphilip

cphilip
09-10-2002, 12:20 PM
DTRL is mandatory in a few states but not nationaly.

I will certainly join you in that effort...

ALL MEMBERS READ BEFORE FURTHER POSTING!

Now to pbstu. I am going to allow your propaganda to stay. However untruthfull, unsubstantiated and down right twisted logic derived nonsense as a symbol of what kind of gross ignorant hate we are now faced with.

However...In so doing, I ask all of you members to not respond any further to it. Read it and understand there are people in the world who think that way.

And pbstu, drop it now. For your own good. I gave you your say. Now I suggest you leave it at that. And I suggest you read and study both side of every issue before you open your mouth. Your history is flawed. Nuff said.

Greg98
09-10-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by BlackHalo
Hey Greg98,

They don't have daytime running lights mandatory in the US. Messed me up for a while when I moved up here. Where in Van are you from, I'm in N Van now.

i'm in north vancouver as well, in high school at the moment. i hope to go pbaling soon, but my funds are a tad low :( i would have PM'ed you but it doesn't seem like you have that option!

paintbattler
09-10-2002, 05:23 PM
im going to give this an up..i think more ppl needs to see this

Dude
09-10-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by pbstu
"There have been many other victims in the year since 11 September. The verified death toll as a direct result of US and British bombing in Afghanistan is over 3,100, with many more victims still unaccounted for. Israeli troops have killed around 1,200 Palestinians since 11 September, including 11 last weekend, without any condemnation from the US. In the year since 11 September more than 40,000 Iraqi children will have died as a result of sanctions imposed after the US-led war on Iraq in 1991. And each day over the last year 19,000 children have died as a result of the debt burden.

Will you remember them all, in your tributes and minutes of silence on September the 11th? "

originally taken from adbusters.org forums.

stu

Learn history

1.) The vast majority the Afghans who died were military. Any POW's that were killed were all killed by Northern Alliance ignorance. Also, the Taliban had it coming. We gave them a month to turn over bin Laden, knowing what would happen if they didn't. They did nothing.

2.) Israel is using legitamate self defense measures to protect itself, something which cannot be said about the Palestinians.

3.) Explain please: 19,000 a day and 40,000 a year?:rolleyes:

4.) The Iraqi famine is totally and unoquivocally Saddams fault. The Saction was put in place because the Iraqi gov't kicked out the weapons examiners. The sanctions would be lifted as soon as Saddam lets the instectors back in.

HoppysMag
09-10-2002, 07:13 PM
DUDE...
Uh read cphilip's post... dont get yourself in trouble... i agree with you but still... just a reminder:D

cphilip
09-10-2002, 07:28 PM
Folks...I can tell you that Stu PM'd me on this and he explains his attempt to make us think outside the box. Perhaps ill timed and a bit too strong but I am giving him some credit for at least trying to explain.

Let me say this here and now. This is political and religeous. And as such I can close it. And possibly should. Will in a heart beat if it progresses the wrong path!

However, this is a time of grieving that we all need and so there is no way to seperate that from the political and religeous reasons that caused it to happen. And I want all of you to think of grieving for ALL the people who have suffered over the many MANY hundreds of years for political and religeously perverted reasons that make no sense. And our tradgedy was one of them.

lets start a new here and grieve for ALL of the INNOCENT people killed by an unjust perversion of Politics and Religeon. Lets burn our headlights for all of them. The rest of the zealots and haters can all go to Hell for what they do. And I trust they will. I hope and pray they do. No matter what their nationality. I got no love for these people.

No more of this bickering. This is a Paintball site. Use this thread for healing and grieving. Or it will be closed.

HoppysMag
09-10-2002, 07:35 PM
well said phill... well i hope every burns those light bright tommorow... stu i can see where your coming from and i just dont agree but as phill said this is nether the time nor the place... I hope all of you who think that 9-11 is just another day think about it ( hopefully no one from this forum)... God bless the USA.