PDA

View Full Version : AGD tech please help

SiLeNt X
09-09-2002, 05:06 PM
ok I bought this rtmag off the internet a while back and got to use it the first time yesterday but it would shoot like 2 times in a row then stop for about 10 pulls and then not work anymore. So, we took it apart and the on/off pin was bent and the sear was chiped...is that all it is or should I assume it is more then that? and will I have to pay for the pin and sear or will this "marvolus" customer support pay off?

thanks

PyRo
09-09-2002, 06:09 PM
The sear is a "wear" part. Meaning over time it will wear down, and even chip. This is not covered by warrenty unless the gun came new like that. The on-off pin they might give you, but are under no obligation to do so. You should contact the previous owner and try to get them to pay you for this. There is really no way to determine if anything else is wrong untill these two problems are fixed. If the sear is chipped, check the bolt edge for wear, as a chipped sear will wear the bolt excessivly fast.

Blennidae
09-09-2002, 06:25 PM
I wonder how the previous owner managed to bend the on/off pin?

EnW
09-09-2002, 06:37 PM
How do people do anything that they do?
Probably jacking around with it:D
Call them up...they might fix it free. They fixed my Emag that I bought from ebay for free.

bornl33t
09-09-2002, 09:54 PM
bent on/off? sounds like someoen was screwing withteh trigger rod....
and if the pin is bent the brass piece is pry shot. I recomend a whole new on/off assembly and a new sear

SiLeNt X
09-10-2002, 03:47 PM
the on off assembly is fine.. I think. There was a guy who owns a emag at diehard that helped me with it and said that was probly it. Ill have to give agd a call later. thanks for the help. O yeah and I checked the bolt, it was fine.

PyRo
09-10-2002, 08:32 PM
Yeah, A bent on-off pin is definatly the problem. What you need to do is fine the guy who sold it to you and give him a good smack.

SiLeNt X
09-11-2002, 04:22 PM
too bad thats nearly imposible being that I closed my old email addy.....

PyRo
09-11-2002, 06:01 PM
Well, I think that the pin is going to run you about $8, $20 for the sear. www.store.airgun.com sells the parts.

SiLeNt X
09-11-2002, 06:59 PM
thanks man I thought this was gonna cost some big $ and first