PDA

View Full Version : New Trigger Idea(triggerless)

P8ntballerAK
09-10-2002, 08:31 AM
Ok this might be a little hard to explain but here goes. I was wondering if thee could be a new trigger developed that was "triggerless". Have you ever seen tose toys with the 2 contacts on the bottom, and when you put yourt finger on the contacts it made noise or moved etc? Wel I was wondering if we could make a frame with no trigger, and on the back of the trigger frame have the 2 contacts close together and use that as a trigger. You could even put one contact for each finger and have the grip of th marker act as the second so you could have 2 finger fire.

I do realize that this might be a safety hazard qand make it hard to not fire when you dont want to because your fingers have no place to rest. you could put a real sensitive switch on th pinky or something to act as a "fire mode" when it is depressed or any kind of gadget like that.

09-10-2002, 09:39 AM
i did think about this once, and thought, what if you get a little paint splatter across the two contacts :eek:

prox sensors, magnets, beams of some sort... all i think that this is leading to is more stories of people accidentally shooting themselves in more intresting ways.

P8ntballerAK
09-10-2002, 02:53 PM
thats what the safety mechanism is for

Vegeta
09-10-2002, 06:33 PM
I don't think you will want to be switching on and off your safety during games. If paint gets splattered on the contacts in game, most likely (but depending on the wiring and how hte PBC controlls it) it will fire one ball and that's it (being single shot) but then when you goto fire it still wont fire since htere is still paint between the contants, still making it a closed circuit.

athomas
09-10-2002, 08:04 PM
A trigger has to be a movable part to be legal. Only one trigger is allowed on a gun. These are rules that most fields abide by.

A switch with a sealed contact face would work. The paint wouldn't get between the contacts. The membrane on the button surface acts as the contact.

P8ntballerAK
09-11-2002, 06:48 PM
closed membrane seems like a good idea, the saftey is on the inky or somewhere where it is easily activated when you are in the firing position, and not so easey when your not

Person
09-12-2002, 09:04 AM
a trigger type thing were your thumb wraps around the trigger frame, like on uzis. not many people actually have there pinky wraped around the frame all the time there playing.

magnj
10-06-2002, 08:03 AM
how about something to the effect of a mouse. A short pull button. Im sitting her playing with the mouse and i realize I could do sick thinks if a mouse were a trigger lol.

paintballbeaver
10-12-2002, 01:10 PM
there would be no problem with paint on the contacts becase it the toys he speaks of work more of staic charges and grounding more than any thing more or less so paint wouldnt effect the sensors and mostly becasue paint has no conducttivity with most electrical current unless you jump up into 120v and 240 becaseu of the thickness and oily strucure
:D

FordPrefect
10-13-2002, 09:25 PM
Like athomas said, a trigger has to be a moveable part. And I think that it would be frustrating, for two reasons. When you are firing fast, your finger doesn't touch the exact same place. Since the trigger has some width and height, it is okay. But if you are hitting two sensors, and you have to hit both at the same time, it might not be very easy to keep hitting between them.

Also, a trigger has some "give" to it, simply because it is being pulled. It wouldn't feel "right", I don't think, just to hit a peice of metal with some sensors encased in them, and have the marker shoot.

John Molloy
10-14-2002, 05:37 PM
Also the sealed contact idea was used in key board designs in the dark ages of computing and they wear out so fast its ridiculous(?) micro switches are used already on markers and the trigger keeps 'em safe, also you can't "walk" a micro switch like you can the trigger on an Impy or Angel, this mod would in effect half the fire rate for most players. I don't know if sites actually require a "trigger" just one pull one shot. Tell you what would be good is a complete redesign of the grip system, as was said earlier who actually holds the pistol grip properly anyway? They can be awkward and add weight to the marker. The Z-grip is a good example of this, any thoughts?

Skeetmaster
10-18-2002, 01:06 PM
This is my first time looking at Deep Blue.
Hello all you Tech heads!
Whats wrong with a trigger firing on the return stroke as well?
Yes the grip frame could be redesigned, im working on it as we speak.
As a target rifle shooter, I know how important ergonomics and comfort are, when a good trigger pull is required.
Cheers
Gaz

John Molloy
10-18-2002, 02:12 PM
It is a nice idea and has been done but.....
Most sites and all tournies only allow 1 pull 1 shot that mod would in effect be 1 pull 2 shots and infringe the rules.

magnj
10-18-2002, 06:47 PM
yea, the hyper frame has a mode like that, i doubt its legal in tournies anywhere. im still thinking a mouse...

painttsunami
10-19-2002, 07:25 PM
12 arial You could use a magnetic reed switch and have a permanent magnet on your glove.m you could do full auto just by having the magnet at a certain angle.

TheMagMan
10-20-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by painttsunami
12 arial You could use a magnetic reed switch and have a permanent magnet on your glove.m you could do full auto just by having the magnet at a certain angle.

I was told that a guy did that to his emag and it worked great.