PDA

View Full Version : matrix + freak?

magc68
09-10-2002, 09:58 AM
right now i have a ss cocker freak and an aa front. from my understanding if i am to shoot a freak on a matrix its better off to go with a tear drop since it has less porting thus slightly more efficient than the aa since the matrix is so lp. anyone have expirence with matrix and freak? good combo or no?

or should i just ditch the freak and get a few ultralights?

Psycho Chicken
09-10-2002, 11:02 AM
I'm running a teardrop freak on my matrix, and love it accurate as all h***. But i haven't got a chance to use an aa tip on it yet. The only diff that i've heard between them is that the aa tip is a little bit more quiet.

Scorch
09-10-2002, 03:51 PM
I don't think you will see any diff between the freak and ultralites. SC Ironmen tape up their dye barrels a bunch.
That might help the freak a bit.

All in all, I suggest getting a single bore barrel for your matrix. Lapco aluminum autospirit and bigshot... or J&J Ceramics (that's what I use). The large volume the trix shoots a ball with can really benefit from a 10' acceleration length. Is better consistency over the chrono and better efficiency (no surprise) from my Ceramics than with a Dye Ultralite.

Scorch

SirOssis
09-10-2002, 05:37 PM
get a Snort Barrel from Aardvark. I got mine last week and shot is over the weekend... very very straight shooting, and very different looking to.