PDA

View Full Version : 3rd party items to make faster recharge

hostage
09-10-2002, 01:21 PM
I have a Retro mag and a standard mag w/ a booyaah frame. I notice much more drop in the standard oviously. The retro is a cool thing, but I am not looking for somethign with a reactive trigger, I just want a faster recharge rate. Any ideas of AGD or 3rd party valves, etc that would give a 68 mag a faster recharge rate?
-Hostage

Muzikman
09-10-2002, 01:26 PM
Nope...there is a design difference between the retro and the original Mag valves. No aftermarket on/off, etc, will make the original recharge any faster.

Havoc_online
09-10-2002, 02:20 PM
That's just how mag valves work, the faster they recharge, the quicker the trigger extends. Either way, if your going to use the Retro valve on a Boo-Yah frame, you won't notice any reactiveness cause the sear wont be using the rod. A Properly set-up A.I.R. valve shouldnt give you too bad of drop off even at 16BPS, especially not what your pulling on the field. If your having drop-off issues, you might want to check your reg seat and consider a new reg piston. Check your on/off o'rings and pin for any wear that may be impairing the valves performance.

joeyjoe367
09-10-2002, 03:51 PM
Couldn't you gut the AIR regulator and use a secondary regulator that recharges faster?

I'm pretty sure that the palmers stab. will recharge at 20 cps or so...

someone wanna confirm?

Butterfingers
09-10-2002, 08:57 PM
Gutting the stock air and replacing it with a stab does very little.

Tried it already, the actual AIR is faster the way it is integrated in the valve.

xmetal2001
09-10-2002, 09:29 PM
Also, no 3rd party valve part/piece will give you any performance increase.