PDA

View Full Version : Retro exauses gas after fired

hostage
09-10-2002, 03:53 PM
Well I never reconized this b4, but everytime I fire a bit of air almost unoticable fumes out the rear and the side hole. Is this normal?
-Hostage

athomas
09-10-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by hostage
Well I never reconized this b4, but everytime I fire a bit of air almost unoticable fumes out the rear and the side hole. Is this normal?
-Hostage

Side hole?

There shouldn't be any air escaping except out the front when the gun is fired. Try cleaning the valve and oiling the o-rings.

PyRo
09-10-2002, 08:21 PM
You mean from the velocity nut? Check the piston o-ring. What do you mean teh side hole?

Schnitzel
09-10-2002, 09:45 PM
there is a hole on the side of the front half of the valve. it's directly opposite the air inlet of the valve, and you can see it in this (http://store.airgun.com/agdprod/images/accessorie/retrovavle_lg.jpg) picture. There's also one on the top of the regulator half above the word ReTro.

hostage
09-11-2002, 04:40 PM
sch...that is the whole. It is a small amount, i wouldn't of reconized it until I put my finger over one of the wholes and on the rear, and it made a little farting noise and put some pressure on my fingers. BTW I do oil regular, when I play, like you think i should actually disamble it and clean it out and reoil the orings?
-Hostage

athomas
09-11-2002, 05:29 PM
It probably wouldn't hurt to disassemble to clean amd oil everything. Maybe a piece of dirt got into one of the o-rings.

Schnitzel
09-11-2002, 06:29 PM
well, try this, if it hasn't already fixed itself.

unscrew the reg. nut completely.
remove both the inner/outer reg springs.
separate the two halves of the valve.
using a toothpick, press it into the valve opposite the reg. nut, and push the regulator piston assembly completely out.
look at the o-ring on the piston, clean it and oil it if necessary.

that looks to be the o-ring that would allow pressure to escape other than the blowoff valve.