PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Else Watch Food Network??

Cliffio
09-10-2002, 08:24 PM
i know i watch this channel ALL THE TIME

Iron Chef
Emeril
Olivers twist
East Meets West

and a bunch of others, i cant stop watching, i dont even cook that often and i just cant change the channel

oh well

anyone else share my passion?

and i have to say that Emeril is my guy, he cracks me up, with his little bam thing he does

anyways
i was just curious
Cliff

FactsOfLife
09-10-2002, 08:28 PM
two words...

Good Eats

Cliffio
09-10-2002, 08:29 PM
yeah thats a good show too

forgot about that one

i also like the thirsty traveler

DarkOre
09-10-2002, 08:32 PM
I watch Food Network alot
I watch Emeril, Iron Chef (my fav), Unwrapped, hot off the grill, and good eats. I hate olivers twist, he has a pink kitched :eek:

Load SM5
09-10-2002, 08:34 PM
I love the Iron Chef. Anyone who was at Shatnerball saw my Iron Chef T-shirt..It's the pride of my clothes drawer.

cphilip
09-10-2002, 08:35 PM
Me!!!!

I love it. Emeril, Malto, Martha, Great Chefs, Iron Chef....you name it!!! I watch it all the time.

Believe it or not I watched those cooking shows as a teen. Julia Childs, The Galloping Gormet, Justin Wilson...

Ahhh them was the days!!!

Cliffio
09-10-2002, 08:35 PM
you have an iron chef t-shirt???

where did you get that???

im jelous

Cliff

zvanut
09-10-2002, 08:39 PM
Iron Chef rules!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

virus
09-10-2002, 08:52 PM
i try not to watch that channel.....

every time i do, i get hungry even if i just ate a meal.....

i have to keep lookin at my gut and thinkin about how my back would hurt if i kept eating....

though i will watch the iron chef.... though i'm glad i dont have to look at shatners mug on that one =)

cphilip
09-10-2002, 08:53 PM
Did any of you see Shatners Iron chef?

magman007
09-10-2002, 08:58 PM
yea i saw that! its on UPN! it is so bad...hees like the ultimate judge, or rather his gut is, lol its one bad show!

Also, i used ot watch frugal gormet when i was like 6 or 7, then i herd he did things to little boys so i was afraid, thought he could get me through the tv...is he still on? also for you phily guys, who listens to chef Jim Coleman on Npr? hees a good cook!

beam
09-10-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by FactsOfLife
two words...

Good Eats

That's just what I was gonna say...Alton Brown is awesome.

I also think Iron Chef is a riot.

Anyone remember these?

Graham Kerr (formerly Galloping Gourmet)
Frugal Gourmet (Jeff Smith)
Wok with Wan
Pasqualie's Kitchen Express (awesome)
Cajun Chef (hooo heeeee! I tell you true!)

I love cooking shows! :)

Edit: I see that cphilip may know most of these! haha

Gitaroo Man
09-10-2002, 09:03 PM
yes! i watch it all the time! best channel ever

FooTemps
09-10-2002, 09:06 PM
IRON CHEF! wooo! lol, sad thing is... that show sometimes becomes conversation material between my friends and I...

Mango
09-11-2002, 09:47 AM
I watch food network at night when I'm really hungry. Somehow it makes me not hungry, kind of tricks my brain. :p

But I love to cook so I try to learn as much as I can from it. Some day I'd love to go to a Culinary school just for fun.

Dayspring
09-11-2002, 10:25 AM
I actually had a chance to meet Iron Chef Morimoto last year. He had a cooking demo at a place near work. I missed the one of Iron Chef Sakai.

And don't feel bad about it becoming conversation material. During my college days, I'd have a guy call in during my radio show friday nights with the complete play by play.

Load SM5
09-11-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Cliffio
you have an iron chef t-shirt???

where did you get that???

im jelous

Cliff

http://www.foodnetwork.com/marketplace/ironchefapparel/0,7100,,00.html

TigerMan
09-11-2002, 03:34 PM
I like alot of the Food Networks shows, my favorite though is Unwrapped. I always watch Unwrapped, it's a neat show as you get to see how certain foods are made and such. I don't have another favortie show on there, I like Great Chefs though on the Discovery Channel (they show good desserts on there). I'd like to go culinary school possibly and maybe be a chef (funny thing is though I don't cook that much, but thats what they got the school for, to teach ya, hehe. :p ).

dansim
09-11-2002, 03:44 PM
i always liked the monk who baked bread

EsPo
09-11-2002, 03:55 PM
i watch it when i get home from school until like 11 o clock, while on the computer and doing my home work simultaneously(sp). i switch back and forth between that and comedy central. i hate bobby flay.

Jack & Coke
09-11-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by FactsOfLife
two words...

Good Eats

Wurd!!:D

Alton Brown is awesome! I learn soooo much about how to cook from that fool. He ownz joo. ;)

Marek
09-12-2002, 09:33 AM
Yuppers, Good Eats and Alton Brown.

Great inspiration for teachers trying to find different ways of explaining material. Plus the food isn't all freaky either. Miso-crusted pork with Curry and Mango-Yogurt Sauce and Red Peppers Stuffed with Aubergine Puree really isnt the first choice on my dinner menu at home.

Cant forget about Iron Chef and my new favorite, 30 minute meals. Plus being insanely cute (dont u just want to hug her), Rachel Ray cooks some damn good food.

ShooterJM
09-12-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Cliffio
i also like the thirsty traveler

Thirsty traveler is awesome! What a job! Wonder how you get that gig! Iron chef is pretty sweet too!

Zumina
09-12-2002, 01:03 PM
Unwrapped is one of my all time favorite shows!! You can't beat the history of chocolate mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Collegeboy
09-12-2002, 02:16 PM
I like that cooking in 30 mintues show, and the Best off.

But I do cook, so sometimes I get good tips from it.

Thordic
09-12-2002, 02:38 PM
Bobby Flay, you wackos, Bobby Flay...