PDA

View Full Version : gear bags

Shirow
09-10-2002, 10:33 PM
I need to buy a gear bag, I was looking at the JT and Redz bags. Anyone got any recommendations? I know it's not hugely important but I don't want something fiddly and annoying ;)

Bulldog
09-10-2002, 10:36 PM
I got a JT, it's huge. You could fit a body in it. Not that I've thought about that or anything. :)

It's well made too.

recoil
09-11-2002, 02:46 AM
The Planet bags are pretty good and fairly robust if you can get them over there.....

Muzikman
09-11-2002, 06:51 AM
It's all about the Extreme Rage bags...

Shirow
09-11-2002, 07:06 AM
So three separate replies ;) Why, what's better about each bag you've mentioned?

Bulldog
09-11-2002, 09:10 AM
I'm satisfied with the JT, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's the greatest thing in the world. It's a bag. It's a big bag with two big pockets, and that's about all there is to it.

Scootyd
09-11-2002, 09:31 AM
http://www.paintball-online.com/product_list.asp?dept=112&last=112

Take a look at the core bag, it's a house brand. If your traveling tourny to tourny then go with redz but I have the core bag for home to local field duty and it works great. It is not very expensive an mine holds the following with space left over.

3- markers
2- 68/3000 nitro tanks
4- hoppers
4- 12oz co2 tanks
tool kit
chrony
4 pr gloves
1- 6 x 140 pack
2- 4 x 100 packs
and a case of paint.

One bag for 40.00 that carries everything I need for myself, my wife and a backup marker. I only wish it had a solid floor in the main compartment.

synreal
09-11-2002, 09:43 AM
i love my thorax bag from mantis - http://www.mantisgear.com/travel/thorax/thorax.html

it comfortably holds:

3 guns (emag, cocker, impulse)
2 tanks
warp
2 revies
halo
full freak case
3 pairs of goggles
10 pods -in fitted slots on the outside
6 barrels - in padded internal sleeves
4 pod harnesses
a pretty large tool bag
some cleaning gear
some clothes (a few jersies and a clean pair of shorts for the way home)
digital camera bag
2 cases of paint (one inside, one tucked under an outer strap)

all in all, the bag holds about 60% more than my back will ;)

Spaceman613
09-11-2002, 10:04 AM
My bag I got from Kmart was 38 dollars. Holds all of the following

freak kit, other barrels, 2 packs, extra pods, tool kits ( i carry a lot), 2 loaders, mask cleaner, shoes, spare clothes, and a load of misc other stuff. I never carry my gun or mask in my main bag. its just too much stuff to lose if something happens. Oh and the bag I got has wheels and a pull out handle. I think for under $40 its a good deal.

bsolomon
09-11-2002, 11:13 AM
I have the big Redz bag, and I am very happy with it. It is extremely sturdy, well made and padded throughout. It has plenty of room for everything and will easily hold tow or three complete marker set-ups with tanks attached. The interior partitions are moveable/removeable. There is a really nice separate compartment for goggles, and two huge exterior pockets - one at the end for odds and ends, and one along the side for barrels and such. The best feature if you travel with your gear is the wheels that allow you to roll the bag along the ground.

Doobie
09-11-2002, 04:55 PM
I have a REDZ also. Gotta love the wheels! I can store two Spectras in the mask compartment one on top of the other. It also comes with a very handy work pad that you can throw down on a table to...well...work on your gun. I especially liked the nifty folding chair I got with mine. I pretty much keep it packed and just grab it and go when I want to play!
They come in red, blue and black. Here is the best price I have found. http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/029-9400-2.html

ShooterJM
09-11-2002, 05:02 PM
I use a basketball bag. Forget who makes it, it's called Hoopsaq. Enough room for my mag, air, travel toolkit, jersey, towell, pants, barrels, swabs, 3+2 harness w/pods, etc. Has two insulated water bottle holders, places for keys,etc. The seperate compartment meant for a basketball fits a mask rather well. It also has seperate compartment (with drain) for putting soaked stuff in and yet another compartment speficically for dirty shoes/cleats. Cost me $30 for a nylon one. Leather is like $120 or so.

:D

rxpbr
09-11-2002, 10:53 PM
HOw many 140 rd pods will fit on the end pocket (opposite goggle pocket)

Riotz
09-12-2002, 12:52 AM
I got a nice gear bag from Sports Authority for only $20.

It holds my RT, warp, tank, harness, cleats, parts, barrels, rags, binder, spray bottle, etc. If I remember I'll take a picture of it.

Shirow
09-12-2002, 08:37 AM
Hmm.. I'm kinda torn between getting a JT or Redz bag, or just going and buying some crummy backpack from a sports store for $20..

Muzikman
09-12-2002, 08:43 AM
The thing I like about the Extreme Rage bag is it's size. As a man who carries atleast 5 guns to the field the size impressed me. Saying that, I do not own one (yet), and there is a reason, they want $200 for the damn thing. But it is still the most impressive bag I have ever seen for paintball.

I found that the rolling luggage at Wal-Mart works great also. It doesn't have the cool built in barrel bags, or the special place for your mask and HPA. But they are giant and only $40.

oneshot
09-12-2002, 10:58 AM
go planet or redz,

I personally have a redz bag