PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Emag shooting!!

Paintballer86
09-11-2002, 05:59 AM
Ok, here goes. I shot 4 people in the back this weekend, when I didnt even have my finger on the trigger. I was holding my Emag with my hand wrapped around the valve of the gun, at the back. It is comfortable, and I can carry it for long perods of time like that (Will have pictures later.)
I have 1 finger on the grip panel with the screen on the side, and it normally shoots when I am just standing still. I shot all of my friends, aand one random guy from like 40 feet away. Is there something wrong, or is this normal?
And sometimes, I would turn the saftey on, and and turn it off, and it would not shoot in E mode, OR Hybrid, so this was solved by turning off the board, shoting in manual one time, and than turning the board back on. Why is it doing this?

athomas
09-11-2002, 12:28 PM
Check the trigger magnet. It may be adjusted too close to the firing point.

Also, how many trigger return magnets are in place? Maybe they have come out, allowing the trigger to float and cause actuations when the gun is bumped.

Paintballer86
09-12-2002, 07:26 AM
I beleve I have 2 magnets in the return. I will try backing out the trigger to see if that solves the problem.
Thank you. Anyone else?

stedyone
09-12-2002, 08:28 AM
How about engaging the sear safety button after a game??

BlackVCG
09-12-2002, 11:23 AM
You have the trigger fire point set way too short or your total trigger travel set too short.

Make sure the actual trigger pull length isn't too short. No less than 1mm for the sake of reliability.

Adjust the trigger fire point so that the trigger fires towards the very END of the pull. Leave about .5mm over travel to ensure the gun fires on each pull.

Paintballer86
09-12-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by stedyone
How about engaging the sear safety button after a game??

This was DURING a game. The Skirmsh world record game.Thanks black, I will do that.

Spray Painter
09-12-2002, 06:21 PM
isn't your finger supposed to be on the trigger and your gun pointed at your opponents in a game ;)

Paintballer86
09-12-2002, 06:31 PM
yesssssss, :p BUT! it was a BIG game, and there were 1500 people on a side, and we were just walking to where there were a bunch of people from the other team.

Spray Painter
09-12-2002, 08:14 PM
i've been shot in the back from 10 feet away. it really hurts because your not expecting to get shot there. mabey it was you who shot me;) j/k it was some nubie