PDA

View Full Version : Double Regulation

yllwsmrf
09-11-2002, 02:01 PM
Will an automag benefit from double regulation?

I have a fixed output HPA tank regulating to 800psi. I have a spare regulator from another HPA tank that also regulates to 800psi. Now, I was thinking of turning this spare reg into a foregrip for my mag as a nonadjustable secondary reg. My thinking is that this will give me more consistent pressure going into my valve. Will this be worth the work or will it a waste of my time to try out.

Also, if I do place another regulator into my system that is adjustable what kind or pressure should it be set to and will this provide worthwhile benefits? I realize that the A.I.R. valve has a regulator built in so would this actually be triple regulation?

TheTramp
09-11-2002, 03:03 PM
Don't do it. Adding a reg between the preset tank and your AIR valve will be tripple regulation.

To find the reasons why this is bad please do a search. The words tripple and third would get you the info you need. This has been covered many, many times. the information already avalible completely covers it.

PyRo
09-11-2002, 03:07 PM
Nope, don't do it. It will starve the reg for air, especially if it is set at 800psi. The mag has a built in reg, so another won't do anything to help it.

Bluntman
09-11-2002, 03:10 PM
Since you're on the topic I was wondering what pressure should be going into my gun? Is 850 good or should I keep it up at like 900?

PyRo
09-11-2002, 03:17 PM
850 is great perfect. You should generally keep it around there unless you have a retro valve and want to change your trigger.

yllwsmrf
09-11-2002, 09:12 PM
so the general consensus seems to be that its a bad idea to add more regs. good to know now before i waste a lot of money. thanks all.